Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s Spray and Rinse wheel cleaner and air force blaster bonus video

Not technically a review but didn`t know where to put this. Just wanted to share this story in case it helps anyone deal with annoying wheel cleaning duties.

----
    Last summer I bought 20x9 and 20x10 gloss black hellcat replica wheels.

I never realized how big of a pain they would be.

I initially put permanon platinum on them and didn`t really like it so when hydro2lite came out I gave it a shot.

I reapply it about once every 6 weeks.

Sometimes I wipe the wheels down with Prima Hydro after drying them. (More on that later) or spray and gloss.

In a pinch one day I took a bottle of spray and rinse 1:1 i had made previously and used it in the same manner as directed on the bottle.

It worked so well I use it almost every time. Sometimes I`ll admit I just feel in the mood to use my boars hair brushes.

I went to clean my wheels this evening and thought I`d use the chance to post about this product and show another video of the air force blaster in action...

So here are the wheels, not terrible but dirtier than they`ve been in months. Car had to drive home in rain earlier this week (and got way less dirty than I was anticipating btw).

soak (2mins) then rinse, touchless

air dried

Index finger swiped on barrel, middle finger on spoke

Clean? You be the judge.

Another wheel (this one on passenger front) i will do as before after...

before

before

before

About 2 month old hydro2lite beads

Over a month old bold n bright gel beads

Video of air force blaster drying a wheel

https://youtu.be/Gnek623GxiE

That`s it, method works great for me and doesn`t compromise the hydro2lite as far as I have seen. If the wheels are real dirty I do S&R at full strength or just normal wash the wheels then reup on the hydro2lite (which this scenario doesn`t come up much at all actually)

Thanks for viewing

I will also say I have next to no brake dust issues and I drive my car like I stole it, every time.

-Brandt K.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes mjlinane, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s Spray and Rinse wheel cleaner and air force blaster bonus video

The brief review part:

This is diluted 1:1 with distilled water

Consistency is thinner of course and it runs more than the full strength

I need to put this in a larger easier sprayer to use, which i have just haven`t used yet.

Seems to clean my wheels very well. as they say your results/your method may vary

I also use it full strength at times and frequently use this on other vehicles with great results. I`ve only used it diluted on my vehicles.

Pretty great lazy mans approach to cleaning the wheels. I plan to play around with a slightly stronger dilution, perhaps 1oz s&r to .5 oz water soon.

Anyone else ever dilute this?

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up, I will have to try this stuff at some point if it really is that good.
    A question though, does bold n bright really last that long? I`ve been using CG VRP which lasts about a week, 2 with 2 coats and really good cleaning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGuy21 View Post
    Nice write up, I will have to try this stuff at some point if it really is that good.
    A question though, does bold n bright really last that long? I`ve been using CG VRP which lasts about a week, 2 with 2 coats and really good cleaning
    Keep in mind this is a garage queen. I normally drive it ince or twice a week at best, and sometimes only once or twice a month just to club meets/shows.

So in the real world, no.

On my truck I use bold n bright liquid and it lasts the week as I normally wash my truck weekly.

I really want to try dp tire coating and should have added it to last order. I hear that`s some good stuff.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

The tires are matte now, but still looks good to me, I dont have to have a lot of tire shine.

I just stood in the garage and decided I`d pass on adding more, i like the matte tire sheen sometimes.

Brandt K.

Thread Information