Post Thanks / Like

1st Use ... D-115 impressions

I just got my gallon of D115 in the mail Monday and due to weather/work I had to wait until today to test it. Couldn`t ask for a better day to detail - mid 70s, very light breeze and full sun (I lost my shade about 1/2 way through though I had someone parked behind me and couldn`t move my car to keep it in the shade from the tree)>

I started using the rest of my UWWA to clean the roof and upper trunk etc. but then I chickened out because I saw just HOW MUCH dirt was coming off onto the mf. So I gave the car a quick wipe down with my mf mitt and fresh soapy water, then hosed it off really well. I finished my bottle of UWWA on drying the car so then I made up a bottle of D115 to finish drying the car. The UWWA bottle holds ~26 oz of product. I put in roughly 3 oz of D115 and filled the rest with 23 oz of hot tap water, roughly a 1:7 ratio (I know, I should really be using distilled, but I haven`t gone to the store yet).

The 1st thing I noticed when I took the jug out of the shipping box, was that I could smell it. Even though the bottle was tightly closed and sealed with no leaks, I COULD SMELL IT ... not a bad smell BTW. I added the D115 first, then the water so it would mix better, then shook it up.

I used the mix to finish drying the car (works great as a drying aid), then after the car was dry, I applied it again, in the manner I apply a Quik Wax ... a couple of shots to a dry towel, then buff the surface of the car (small areas at a time). Some areas of the car had dried to fast and left streaks, but reapplying the D115 this way eliminated the streaks and left behind a GLOSSY, SLICK finish.

I think I just might use this stuff as a QD, QW/Drying Aid, window cleaner (all it takes is a LIGHT application on the glass, then a buff with a clean dry cloth and the windows are perfect), BUG remover (it made the week old bug guts wipe off the front of the car with ease). And what ever else I can think of to use it for
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes trashmanssd, GTO_04, Bunky, vanev liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st Use ... D-115 impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I just got my gallon of D115 in the mail Monday and due to weather/work I had to wait until today to test it. Couldn`t ask for a better day to detail - mid 70s, very light breeze and full sun (I lost my shade about 1/2 way through though I had someone parked behind me and couldn`t move my car to keep it in the shade from the tree)>

I started using the rest of my UWWA to clean the roof and upper trunk etc. but then I chickened out because I saw just HOW MUCH dirt was coming off onto the mf. So I gave the car a quick wipe down with my mf mitt and fresh soapy water, then hosed it off really well. I finished my bottle of UWWA on drying the car so then I made up a bottle of D115 to finish drying the car. The UWWA bottle holds ~26 oz of product. I put in roughly 3 oz of D115 and filled the rest with 23 oz of hot tap water, roughly a 1:7 ratio (I know, I should really be using distilled, but I haven`t gone to the store yet).

The 1st thing I noticed when I took the jug out of the shipping box, was that I could smell it. Even though the bottle was tightly closed and sealed with no leaks, I COULD SMELL IT ... not a bad smell BTW. I added the D115 first, then the water so it would mix better, then shook it up.

I used the mix to finish drying the car (works great as a drying aid), then after the car was dry, I applied it again, in the manner I apply a Quik Wax ... a couple of shots to a dry towel, then buff the surface of the car (small areas at a time). Some areas of the car had dried to fast and left streaks, but reapplying the D115 this way eliminated the streaks and left behind a GLOSSY, SLICK finish.

I think I just might use this stuff as a QD, QW/Drying Aid, window cleaner (all it takes is a LIGHT application on the glass, then a buff with a clean dry cloth and the windows are perfect), BUG remover (it made the week old bug guts wipe off the front of the car with ease). And what ever else I can think of to use it for
    D115 is my go to QD and waterless wash. At a 20:1 dilution it works well in sunlight. It is pretty good at removing tree sap mist at that ratio too. I have never had it scratch or swirl my paint, though I don`t use on a dust covered surface that then gets rained on.

GTO_04
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392 Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue/blue interior
    Likes vanev liked this post

Thread Information