Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Found Good Towel Stain Remover

I`ve been using an old fashioned top loader.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I run a fairly new Whirlpool front loader.

Post Thanks / Like

tom p.- Does that Whirlpool get dirty stuff clean OK? Ours is simply, uhm..... mediocre on truly soiled textiles, to the point that we sometimes use the garage washer for prewashes.

Post Thanks / Like

This is our second Whirlpool Duet front loader. First one lasted about 8 yrs and then needed the "big" repair. This newer is better than the first in a couple of ways. There are absolutely no issues or concerns with this newer machine - - it does a terrific job.

Post Thanks / Like

tom p.- Ah, glad they`ve improved them! Not looking forward to buying a new washer, but at least it`ll be a true upgrade when the time comes.

Post Thanks / Like

This is not as good as the German persil, but some people over at the laundry group on gardenweb do like it better than any other American made detergent. There are $3 off coupons out there on the web if you want to save some money.

Post Thanks / Like

Found Good Towel Stain Remover

Quote Originally Posted by imstew View Post
    This is not as good as the German persil, but some people over at the laundry group on gardenweb do like it better than any other American made detergent. There are $3 off coupons out there on the web if you want to save some money.
    2 Points:

1. I can`t believe there is something online called "the laundry group"... Well, now a days - maybe I can.

2. I can tell you from first hand experience: everything is better in Germany.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Laundry Room Forum - GardenWeb
    this forum has more information about appliances and detergents than someone would ever need to know.
    The entire ths site is a really great place to learn every thing about the house
    I once read a 122 message long thread about "what mistakes did you make when you built your new bathroom.
    The most two common answers were no outlets in the cabinets, and no heated floor.
    If you are planning a remodel or buying a new appliance this a great place to start
    Likes RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any concern that it contains Sodium Perborate; which is a Bleach?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the 2 in 1 Pro Clean version as in Swanic`s original post. The good news is that it really does a good job of cleaning up old, stained MF towels. The bad news is that it stinks. I would not characterize the scent in the air in the laundry room while using this stuff as "mild". The residual scent on the towels isn`t massive but you certainly can smell it. I also tried it on some heavily stained cottons and polyesters and here the results were more mixed, on some stains it seemed to out perform Tide Free & Gentle while on others it appeared to be slightly worse or, at best, equally effective. The verdict, for me, is that I`ll keep it around to try on stains when all else has failed but it won`t replace my regular laundry detergent or my dedicated MF detergent. I`m not someone who has or believes they have chemical sensitivities (detailing probably isn`t a good hobby, much less career, for those people) but I do dislike strong chemical perfume-y scents and I don`t normally buy scented laundry detergents. I haven`t used Persil enough to even guess at the long term, regular use impact on MF towels and I probably won`t use it enough to find out. Single use on older towels did not seem to do anything negative and they did come out significantly visibly cleaner. You`ll have to make your own decisions about the stench.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostHighway View Post
    I bought the 2 in 1 Pro Clean version as in Swanic`s original post. The good news is that it really does a good job of cleaning up old, stained MF towels. The bad news is that it stinks. I would not characterize the scent in the air in the laundry room while using this stuff as "mild". The residual scent on the towels isn`t massive but you certainly can smell it. I also tried it on some heavily stained cottons and polyesters and here the results were more mixed, on some stains it seemed to out perform Tide Free & Gentle while on others it appeared to be slightly worse or, at best, equally effective. The verdict, for me, is that I`ll keep it around to try on stains when all else has failed but it won`t replace my regular laundry detergent or my dedicated MF detergent. I`m not someone who has or believes they have chemical sensitivities (detailing probably isn`t a good hobby, much less career, for those people) but I do dislike strong chemical perfume-y scents and I don`t normally buy scented laundry detergents. I haven`t used Persil enough to even guess at the long term, regular use impact on MF towels and I probably won`t use it enough to find out. Single use on older towels did not seem to do anything negative and they did come out significantly visibly cleaner. You`ll have to make your own decisions about the stench.
    Really odd. Because, I HATE strong scented detergents. I know that "stink" that fills my garage when I`m washing with Gain or another strong scented detergent.

One thing I seem to notice about Persil is how subtle and non offensive the scent is to me. I stuck my nose in the bottle and smelled something, but it wasn`t strong. Compared to most detergents, I thought the scent of Persil was really faint.

Post Thanks / Like

the smell doesn`t bother me or trigger a headache

WINNER
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bought it last night based on this thread and tried it on a batch of my filthy wheel towels. It worked as advertised.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I gotta try the stuff. I don`t really care how my MFs smell and it`d be a lot cheaper than MF Detergent.

Post Thanks / Like

The smell isn`t much stronger when the towels come out of the dryer compared to other detergents. The smell can be strong when the wash machine is running.

Run the Persil back to back 5 times...that`s when you`ll see the magic happen. I cannot believe what it`s done to our crappy kitchen towels.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information