Get it ?

Sorry.

IW845.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    ^ are you drunk?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Best Winter Wax Is....

.. Right now, I`ve got enough wax for 10 lifetimes.
    I know how that is! I really, *really* oughta sell some of my M16 and pre-VOC 475S...I`m simply never gonna use up that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I know how that is! I really, *really* oughta sell some of my M16 and pre-VOC 475S...I`m simply never gonna use up that stuff.
    But you have it. That`s what really counts...

I`m afraid to open my m16 cuz it may look like pudding
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oldest LSP I have is Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket from Proper Auto Care.

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- Eh, I`ve uhm...Accumulated... so much stuff that "having it" is losing its appeal. I`d rather it was being used by somebody.

One of the cool things about M16 (which I`d have to get across to any buyers...) is that even when it seems "all dried out" it still works just fine. The tin I opened in `06 is still OK but somebody unfamiliar with it might not think so just by looking at it. And yeah, some older tins can look pretty sketchy all right!

Swanicyouth- Your oldest is FMJ?!? Heh heh, I probably have LSPs that are older than you are
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did you mean Pinnacle Black Label Synergy? Because I can’t seem to find just Pinnacle Synergy.

I`ve only been detailing 1 year or so and just ordered some Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 as a winter wax to put over Klasse SG/AIO, in an attempt to protect my 09 Jeep SRT8 from the salt, snow, and ice that coats the Jeep 5 months of the year in Montreal (Canada). I’ve been washing my Jeep weekly, waxing every third week, and applying Klasse AIO&SG every two months during the winter months (Nov-Apr).

I`m interested in the best protection, but at a reasonable cost, of course. The Pinnacle Black Label Synergy`s price does not compare at all to Collinite’s (IMHO). Even if Pinnacle Black Label Synergy does have an edge in durability the cost is also something that needs to be taken into consideration. Regardless I do appreciate the effort you put forward in your review/findings but the wax is out of my price range unfortunately (saving for a turbo setup).
    Likes Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    Did you mean Pinnacle Black Label Synergy? Because I can’t seem to find just Pinnacle Synergy.

I`ve only been detailing 1 year or so and just ordered some Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 as a winter wax to put over Klasse SG/AIO, in an attempt to protect my 09 Jeep SRT8 from the salt, snow, and ice that coats the Jeep 5 months of the year in Montreal (Canada). I’ve been washing my Jeep weekly, waxing every third week, and applying Klasse AIO&SG every two months during the winter months (Nov-Apr).

I`m interested in the best protection, but at a reasonable cost, of course. The Pinnacle Black Label Synergy`s price does not compare at all to Collinite’s (IMHO). Even if Pinnacle Black Label Synergy does have an edge in durability the cost is also something that needs to be taken into consideration. Regardless I do appreciate the effort you put forward in your review/findings but the wax is out of my price range unfortunately (saving for a turbo setup).
    I hear you. This stuff is costly. But like Rupes large throw polishers, this is new technology that works. IMHO it works better than the tried & true. If the price is worth it - that`s up to each individual.

But, I just wanted to get the word out that this stuff is extremely durable for an LSP that comes in a tub. It also look great on paint - glossy & glassy.

It`s all about what you want to spend your money on. A lot of people I know will drop $200 on a bottle of wine or a pair of jeans. Me; I`d rather spend it on car stuff.
    Likes Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    ..I`ve only been detailing 1 year or so and just ordered some Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 as a winter wax to put over Klasse SG/AIO, in an attempt to protect my 09 Jeep SRT8 from the salt, snow, and ice that coats the Jeep 5 months of the year in Montreal (Canada). ..I`m interested in the best protection, but at a reasonable cost, of course..
    For the best protection just put on more KSG and *DO NOT* top it with the 845. Not hating on the 845, I`ve used a ton of it, but (heavily layered) KSG simply kills it for protection and durability IME (and I used both for winter LSPs for many years, direct comparisons). The 845 does behave differently (beading/etc.) but there`s no way I`d interfere with the ability to layer (more) KSG but putting the Collinite over top of i. OK, I`ll climb down off my soapbox now, can you tell I`m opinionated about this one?!?
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s all about what you want to spend your money on. A lot of people I know will drop $200 on a bottle of wine or a pair of jeans. Me; I`d rather spend it on car stuff.
    Can I get a Hallelujah from the congregation !!!!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Best Winter Wax Is....

^Amen...my brother.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Let me know if you want some samples of FK1000. I have two 2 oz samples I can send your way.

On a side note, glad to hear good things about synergy.
    If you have 1 I would love it ! I have been wanting to try that on my `13 White chevy before I buy a whole tin of it. Let me know if that is possible.

Thanks !

Post Thanks / Like

I remember watching Top Gear and Jeremy talking about the Lexus LFA and how good it was, but at many times the GTR, is it that many times faster? No, really, it is not. And that`s the point. Look at the price point and it`s ridiculous to compare it to anything that costs 20-30 bucks - even if you have to apply the cheaper stuff twice as often.
    I buy Wrangled jeans on sale and drink Corona on sale at Wal-Mart for $11.49 a 12 pack, but it`s your money, you decide!
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver2kws6 View Post
    If you have 1 I would love it ! I have been wanting to try that on my `13 White chevy before I buy a whole tin of it. Let me know if that is possible.

Thanks !
    Sent you a PM. Swanicyouth let me know if you want the other one.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I had to take the Tahoe out in some nasty winter mess last night, and it got pretty dirty/salty. This morning I rinsed it off and blew it dry with the AirWand. Looks fine by any non-Autopian standards, not only the FK1000Ped paint, but also the black trim that I maintain with ValuGard`s FastFinish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    For the best protection just put on more KSG and *DO NOT* top it with the 845. Not hating on the 845, I`ve used a ton of it, but (heavily layered) KSG simply kills it for protection and durability IME (and I used both for winter LSPs for many years, direct comparisons). The 845 does behave differently (beading/etc.) but there`s no way I`d interfere with the ability to layer (more) KSG but putting the Collinite over top of i. OK, I`ll climb down off my soapbox now, can you tell I`m opinionated about this one?!?
    Yeah I never put KSG over Wax but I can put 845 over the KSG (I thought), or will that mess with the KSG? Does clay bar / autoscrub-nanoskip strip KSG also?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information