Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking for a new wheel cleaner for quite sometime. I have been using P21s wheel gel for the past year and although it is a very effective and more importantly "safe" wheel cleaner, it is extremely expensive and I have had a couple of jobs where it has not completely delivered. I decided to give Flash Products a try after viewing their video on you tube. I know there is limited information on the web about these products so I thought i would post my results.

Before I begin I would like to mention that I have absolutely no affiliation with this company... These are my findings.....

The Test Vehicle:

My 95 Monte Carlo Z34`s wheels. PLEASE NOTE: The wheels were very far from perfect before I started cleaning them. They are dinged, chipped and there was paint stripping off of them prior to using these products. I wasn`t expecting a perfect out come because these wheels were not perfect, they have over 200K on them and they are rarely cleaned these days; which is also why they are great wheels to test on.

Ok, so here are the wheels. 10K miles of heavy brake dust, and 200K miles on the road. The last time I cleaned them they brake dust came off with the P21s, BUT there was still embedded yellow brake dust I could not get off the lips.

These brakes dust worst than a BMW; this stuff was caked on.

Out with the Brown Royal Wheel Cleaner....

So I started the process by soaking the wheels with this stuff. Brown Royal is actually brown, and it smells like lickerish, it is also very sticky. Next time I will use gloves.

And the tires also.......

Flash states that you can just spray on and rinse off immediately after. But I know nothing is really that good so I decided to modify the process. I sprayed this stuff on and let it dwell for 3 full minutes. Then I proceeded to use "meguiars safe wheel brush" just to agitate the stuff on the wheels and loosen it up.

After agitating, I let it sit on the rims for one more full minute.

You can already see the brake dust just dripping off.

Finally, just rinse....

And here`s the results..............

Results:

In my opinion, the results of this product where outstanding. The rims did not need to be "re-cleaned" and the embedded brake dust that has always been there (even after many P21s washes) was FINALLY GONE. Overall I was very impressed with this product, and intend to order a gallon of it this week. I am still not sure how "safe" of a wheel cleaner this is because had any damage been done to the rims I wouldn`t be able to tell because they are so old. BUT IT SURE DID REMOVE THE BRAKE DUST WITH EASE. I would have to rate this product a 9.5 out of 10

Now onto Aqua gloss tire gloss.

I am going to keep this one short. Just as impressed as I was with Brown Royal I was equally disappointed with aqua gloss. It was hard to apply, does not shine when put on light, does not shine when put on heavy, and slings all over the car. I would rate this product a zero out of 10, and could not recommend it to anyone.

I am just happy I found one winner in this bunch.

Two big thumbs up for Brown Royal!

If you are interested in what aqua gloss looked like.... here goes...

Application was basically spray on, wipe excess off, let dry for an hour.

Afterwards I took a 10 mile trip into town and back...

Here are the lackluster results....

And plenty of sling!

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job with the brown royal but man that tire shine looks horrible, splotchy, uneven, and just no good at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much is the gallon of brown royal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that wheel cleaner an acid or alkaline?

Post Thanks / Like
    malco products are good products but i think u need to learn how to apply the tire dressing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it me or did them wheels still look dirty? i noticed the insides of the wheels really weren`t clean at all. did you scrub the inside with that wheel brush? i also noticed where the wheel spoke meets the rim edge it wasn`t clean either? maybe im a perfectionist, but the wheel didn`t look clean to me. the tire dressing wasn`t the greatest! very good effort and thank you for the reveiw!
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I googled "Flash" here is a posting from a rep, I found it on from a vette forum:

"Hello All,

I just wanted to tell you about one of our most popular products. Brown Royal non-acid wheel cleaner. Brown Royal is a high Ph cleaner that removes brake dust from clearcoated alloy, chrome and painted wheels. If you rinse it off with high pressure water, there is no scrubbing involved. Brown Royal works great on grease and can also be used as an engine cleaner, and will not harm surface labels in the engine bay. It also works excellent on aluminum suspension and wheel wells on C4`s. Brown Royal will not harm painted brake calipers. Brown Royal can be diluted at 1:8 to remove Luv bugs, tar and contaminates from vehicle surfaces. Brown Royal contains a polymer agent that actually shines the surface as it cleans. There is no wheel cleaner in the world that cleans brake dust as well as Brown Royal. Low ph acid cleaners will be as strong, but will haze and etch clearcoated wheels, and can not be used on vehicle surfaces. Brown Royal wheel cleaner is available in 32 oz spray or a one gallon container. Brown Royal is concentrate and is very reasonable. We are the manufacturer of Brown Royal and many other detail products. Come visit our website at Manufacturers and Distributors Of Professional Auto Detailing Products and Car Wash Cleaning Chemicals "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanrossbell
    How much is the gallon of brown royal?

$15

Manufacturers and Distributors Of Professional Auto Detailing Products and Car Wash Cleaning Chemicals

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Is that wheel cleaner an acid or alkaline?

This is a quote from there website:

Just Spray and rinse. No more scrubbing wheels!

Brown Royal is a specially formulated touchless cleaner that removes heavy baked on brake dust from clear coated, chrome and painted wheels.

Brown Royal removes brake dust, heavy grease, tar, bugs and contaminants from vehicle surfaces.

Brown Royal is a great engine cleaner and will not harm painted surfaces or service labels in the engine bay.

Brown Royal is a non-acid cleaner and safe on many surfaces.

Brown Royal is one of the best wheel cleaners in the world!

Do not use full strength on uncoated polished aluminum wheels/surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry
    Is it me or did them wheels still look dirty? i noticed the insides of the wheels really weren`t clean at all. did you scrub the inside with that wheel brush? i also noticed where the wheel spoke meets the rim edge it wasn`t clean either? maybe im a perfectionist, but the wheel didn`t look clean to me. the tire dressing wasn`t the greatest! very good effort and thank you for the reveiw!

Please take a moment and read my blurb.... the car has 200K miles on it and is used for city driving. Previous owner cleaned wheels with fantastic, and simple green concentrate. My goal was not perfection... this was a test... I wasn`t about to try a new product like this on my nice car.

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    I contacted one of the reps myself before purchasing this stuff. I saw the video they posted online and thought to myself; unless they added something to the product in the video, this stuff should work pretty good. When I contacted the rep my major concern was the "safety" of this product. I was told the only concern is on billet wheels in which case brown royal should be diluted 4:1 otherwise it is safe to use at full strength on everything else. I was assured that this stuff would not damage wheels. Of course I have heard that before.... a promise like that isn`t really worth much. I was hoping someone "more experienced" would review this product or somehow get a hold of the MSDS (which I am not sure how to do). I am interested in how safe this stuff really is, I know the a high Ph can be just as bad as a low Ph.

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s funny, I have used the alkaline cleaners like A2Z (Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner) and they leave something to be desired on brake dust. So I got some non-HF acid wheel cleaner...and that leaves something to be desired on grease and tar! So next time I go thru this I think I`m going to do it just like a decon kit...start with the alkaline cleaner to get off the greasy dirt, rinse, then acid for the brake dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I must say for an Alkaline Wheel Cleaner this stuff cuts brake dust like a MOFO.

Just wondering which is worse.... Acids or Alkaline`s?

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, I may pick up a gallon of Brown Royal now...

Thanks for the review!

Thread Information