Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Poorboy`s World Trim Restorer

There are so many variables with Trim like foreign vs american, grained or smooth, mix of plastic, exposure to elements, and the list just goes on. There are some that take very well to Trim Restorer and there are some that don`t take so kindly to it. It`s all a matter of trial and error just like anything detailing related .

So below are some pictures that I have been taking since Labor Day Weekend when we used our van as the demo vehicle for Trim Restorer. The beads while it was raining caught my eye the first time it did rain and I took a picture. Well I have been taking pictures ever since for all of you to see

The van sits outside backed into a parking spot that just happens to get the full sun right on the front bumper all day long. It`s been through several rain storms as well as driven in them. No washing`s because I have been kind of lazy

This first shot is from 9/16/2014 when I saw the beads while it was raining. About two weeks after initial application.

This is from the same day just different angle.

This shot is from 9/26/2014 over 3.5 weeks into it.

Shot with beading qualities at a solid 5 weeks date of 10/7/2014

You can still see a very dressed and protected trim vs the unprotected side. 10/7/2014

This shot was actually from yesterday when I went out to run some errands. It`s a little dirty now but still a definitive difference of treated vs not treated. 10/14/2014 - 6+ weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s World Trim Restorer

<--- hiding

If you had taken care of it from the beginning, it wouldn`t be mostly faded now

but it does show well as a demo I guess with all the demo lines
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think I`ve used more than an inch out of my original bottle. And we know I use too much stuff.

May have to leave it to my kid in my will.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

This product has always had a place in my Shop and it flat works on about anything German and leaves a nice clean look on American trim, running boards (after letting it dry and wiping it down so it is not slippery), and about anything else out there that needs it.

It IS very efficient and you dont need tons of it for anything.

The protection in the pics above speak plenty regarding its longevity...

I like this product - for years -
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to try it out when I run out of PERL. Haven`t been disappointed with a poorboys product yet!

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen Trim Restorer work wonders on terribly faded Jeep Trim, while it takes a few coats, TR works from the inside out really restoring the trim and not just covering it up. I have to say though to dress that entire area of trim I used somewhere in the range of 10 DROPS on the tip of a foam paintbursh. Trim Restorer just spreads and spreads and spreads. I tell people at shows when the pickup the quart "you won`t be needing that I assure you" unless of course they are detailers using it almost everyday.

Ron, treating from the beginning will help to prolong the trim a bit but fact is trim is not a very high quality material and longevity depends more upon the chemical makeup of the trim rather than what you are putting on. Trim Restorer helps to protect when trim is new and also can bring it back temporarily when its faded and old.

We are very honest with people when they ask us questions and Trim Restorer will look great for a period of time but the trim will go back to what it was before without a doubt, there is not a product on the market that can bring it back forever. We also tell people when polishing their headlights that they will come somewhat clear again, but fact is they will go right back to the way they were before. Could happen in two weeks could last several months before they revert. I can`t control the materials used by every manufacturer but we can certainly try our best to make the world a shiner place =).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    Ron, treating from the beginning will help to prolong the trim a bit but fact is trim is not a very high quality material and longevity depends more upon the chemical makeup of the trim rather than what you are putting on. Trim Restorer helps to protect when trim is new and also can bring it back temporarily when its faded and old.
    I was just givin ya a hard time

Post Thanks / Like

TR has been a go to for a decade or more, it`s got a lot of uses in a complete detail. Rubber trim of all kinds benefit from it big time!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

TR is and always has been one of my favorite trim restoration dressings.

Easy to apply. Looks great and TR has a nice dark new "look" finish.

Did I mention TR is easy to use?

Post Thanks / Like

Trim Restorer has been used in most all my details for years now. It`s a great product and a little really goes a long way. Poorboys makes some of the best detailing products on the market and they are priced great too. Keep up the great work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    I have seen Trim Restorer work wonders on terribly faded Jeep Trim, while it takes a few coats, TR works from the inside out really restoring the trim and not just covering it up. I have to say though to dress that entire area of trim I used somewhere in the range of 10 DROPS on the tip of a foam paintbursh. Trim Restorer just spreads and spreads and spreads. I tell people at shows when the pickup the quart "you won`t be needing that I assure you" unless of course they are detailers using it almost everyday.

We are very honest with people when they ask us questions and Trim Restorer will look great for a period of time but the trim will go back to what it was before without a doubt, there is not a product on the market that can bring it back forever. We also tell people when polishing their headlights that they will come somewhat clear again, but fact is they will go right back to the way they were before. Could happen in two weeks could last several months before they revert. I can`t control the materials used by every manufacturer but we can certainly try our best to make the world a shiner place =).
    One thing for certain, you can always depend on an honest evaluation and realistic expectations when dealing with PB quality products. IMO, that`s what value is all about. Hype is a marketing tool and it persuades many people to spend their money. I just want a product that does what it says it does, nothing more or less. PB World has always performed as advertised. Thank you for your honesty.

Thread Information