Thread: upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

upgrade

So I have a pc currently and have been itching to upgrade. Of course this buffer sale has to come about. I really want the flex, but im just a hobbyist and maybe correct 3 cars a year. Should I just pull the trigger on the GG6 or go all out with the flex?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: upgrade

Have you ever used MF cutting disc/pads on the PC? If you haven`t I would try them before investing in a new polisher. The PC has enough power to do a lot of correction when equipped with pads(foam or MF) under 6". What size and type of pads are you currently using on the PC? Also, what polishes and compounds are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

megs twins with 5.5 inc lc flat pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Although the GG is a better machine in my opinion, it`s not significantly better to warrant buying it if you have the PC.

The Flex or the Rupes though... those are awesome. I tried both, but I have a Rupes. Should say something

If you do get one of those, you should keep your PC for small pads and use it solely for small areas.

Of course, I do agree with ShaunDugan. The PC is plenty capable if you pair it with MF pads. If you`re only doing 3 cars, you don`t really need a Flex.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, I do agree with ShaunDugan. The PC is plenty capable if you pair it with MF pads. If you`re only doing 3 cars, you don`t really need a Flex.
    Nobody really needs a polisher... but with this sale, the FLEX is almost too awesome to pass up!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Flex
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I have a Rupes, a GG 6, and a PC. I think a GG6 is the most universal machine of the bunch, due to it`s power and the ability to use pads 3-6.5". It also has the power to correct glass with the correct pads and glass polish. I bought the GG6 after I had the PC and it was a major upgrade for me.

If your interested in the Rupes, IMHO the machine will work best with THEIR pads and polishes (at least their pads), so to get the full benefit of the Rupes smoothness - factor in the price of pads. I think the Rupes system is a no brainer - if you can afford all the goodies. But, you will still need another machine to use 3-4" pads with. You can use your PC there, but I`m not sure how well it would work with Rupes polishes.

I had the chance to try a 3401 at DF at the Flex booth. I wanted to see about the machine "walking". Well, after a few seconds the machine seemed familiar to me. It does take a bit more "control" than a Rupes to use, but I think I could buff out a car with a 3401 no problem.

There has been the occasional 3401 user that posted they have had trouble finishing on certain paints for whatever reason. This may be do to the direct drive of the machine - or maybe just the user. But, the 3401 does have a lot of power and can use pads as small as 4".

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Great feedback !

I have all the machines and bought a Flex 3401VRG when they first came out, many years ago...

About the only thing that took a few minutes to overcome, is the counter clockwise rotation, but if you are new at this and have not gotten used to the machine pulling to the Right, then it may not be anything different..

I still use Rotary Power for everything because I can and it works great for me..

Good luck with your research !
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

money is no problem= flex, rupes, or both
    money is kind of a problem= griot`s . money is a big problem= keep your pc, try some new pads, compounds, polishes, aio, waxes, sealants, coatings...(warning:this could lead to thinking money is no problem)

Thread Information