Post Thanks / Like

How does uber compound compare to menzerna fg400?

I have used uber compound and it is the absolute best poishing compound I have ever used. I have not tried fg 400 but it is my understanding they are similar. I would like to buy a gal of either product when the holiday sales are going and usually the menzerna can be bough for less. Does anyone have a lot of experience with both that could give me some input. I would also be willing to trade an 8 oz bottle of uber if someone has fg400. I don`t want to buy a gal of fg400 and wish I had spent the extra for uber. Things that are important to me are ease of use and wipe off. The cut has to be good and finish down nice with minimal marring.

Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How does uber compound compare to menzerna fg400?

From what iv`e "heard"
    its more user friendly than FG400, but both are great compounds. My go-to is FG400

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They are very similar and share the same characteristics.

I`ve used both but not heads up against each other so I can`t say if one cuts more than the other. Both are easy to use and give great results.

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s a pretty good comparison:

Quick Wolfang Uber Compound 3.0 vs. Menzerna FG400 pic

Hello guys just thought I would post a quick comparison shot between the WGUC3.0 and FG400. I did not go in depth for a full review but I figured some on here would like to see a few of these pics.

I had a full correction job to do this weekend and had these two products on hand. I figured it would be a good quick test to see which compound I would use for the really bad areas to reduce my time.

I will say that both of these products are awesome but I easily chose one after checking the test spots.

The owner of this vehicle was dead set on getting his hood repainted because he has previously gotten so called " professional" advice from 2 detailing companies that the hood was too far gone to save. I overheard him saying this and convinced him to let me take a shot at it before he spends all his money to repaint.

**This is not a full review just a quick comparison. I will do a full review on my next correction job**

Now the pics: Hammered hood AFTER wash, Ironx and clay.

Products to be used
    New heavy cut pads primed, then used 3 pea sized drops for each product.

I did 8 heavy speed 6 passes on these sections with both products using my GG6 with heavy cut pads. Here are the results:
    FG400

UC3.0

There was no oxidation left to the naked eye after both of these products were used, but under the inspection light it was obvious that UC3.0 removed more of it. The work time of the UC3.0 is amazing. It feels more like a glaze while you are working. I love it so far.
    I chose the UC3.0 for the heavy remaining areas and followed up with a Lake country yellow flat (LOVE THESE THINGS TOO) pad and here is how the hood ended up.

Very pleased with this product. It will not disappoint you.
    Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and I find them to be almost identical to each other. Both work the same, dust about the same, smell same, look same finish about the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input and the comparison link.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a quart of FG400 and have a sample size of Wolfgang Uber Compound 3.0. I will try both, side by side, with the Lake Country HydroTech pads and see if there are any big differences.

My decision, even though the Wolfgang seems to be a bit better, at least based on the one review that was posted above, is also based on price - with Menzerna being cheaper. Wolfgang polishes are developed with Menzerna so the base is the same, however Wolfgang`s manufacturers states that Uber Compound is more workable, and generally more user-friendly.

One thing I do know, many detailers swear by FG400, and they can`t all be wrong...

Thread Information