Thread: Using 205

Post Thanks / Like

Using 205

I just ordered Megs 205 and it will be my first time using it. I`m using a 3401 and work areas of approx. 2x2`. I understand that it will work longer than 105; do you guys use a mist of water when using 205??
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using 205

No water is needed unless the paint is so neglected that the dryness absorbs the oils in the 205 making it chalky, but that`s rare. You will find 205 east to use, and plenty oily for work times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    I just ordered Megs 205 and it will be my first time using it. I`m using a 3401 and work areas of approx. 2x2`. I understand that it will work longer than 105; do you guys use a mist of water when using 205??
    Thanks
    A mist of water will reduce the effectiveness of M205 and probably increase the scouring/potential for swirl marks. Use a small amount at speed 4 or 5, keep your work time short, and wipe away.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used M105?

M205 behaves totally different than M105
    No splatter, longer work time, cleaner etc.

Have you tried M101?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. Yes I did the original correction with 105; the paint was 12 yrs old in really bad shape. Heck, with the 105 I could only work a 1`x1` area or smaller.
    Glad to hear the 205 works better.
    This was my late Dad`s truck and he loved this truck and I loved him so I want to get it the best I can.
    Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

For years the M105 (cut 12) and M205 (cut 4) has been the 1-2 punch go-to combo for correcting paint.

M105 (Although finicky to work with) does an excellent job removing swirls, fine scratches & leveling paint.
    M205 is a finer polish, has minimal cutting and is used to follow behind M105 to return the clarity and gloss.

Water misting is a necessary evil with M105 it flashes (dries) very quickly and water revives the product.
    M205, on the other hand, is a "creamier" product (smoother and nicer to work with) with a longer work time.

Be sure and use a finer pad with M205. I normally use LC Orange with M105 and LC white or black with M205.

Thread Information