Post Thanks / Like

what one should i buy

hey guys iv been doing some checking and im going to buy a buffer since i no longer work at the dealership and cant just bring it home. i would like your opinion on each of these and what one you think i should buy. i more partial to the dewalt becuase its what i have always used. well here are the links.

ATD 10511 Variable Speed 7" Polisher / Buffer Promo Kit - eBay (item 350408120582 end time Feb-24-11 14:29:40 PST)

DeWalt DW849 POLISHER-BUFFER 6 Polish Pads Waffle Foam - eBay (item 390281809502 end time Feb-18-11 00:31:34 PST)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what one should i buy

I think you`ll find that most will recommend the DeWalt simply because it`s a known entity. The other may work fine but doesn`t come with the same credentials. All this said, if you`re actually going to consider the DeWalt there are others in the same price neighborhood that are worth a look.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

what do you recomend?

Post Thanks / Like

I have several, including a DeWalt, Flex, Harbor Freight (bought it as a back up machine years ago) and Makita as well as a couple of orbitals including the PC and a Griots.

Models change, come and go. My DeWalt has been a solid machine though a bit heavy, no complaints with the Makita, fairly powerful and lighter than the DeWalt.

I have Flex 603 that I have liked very well and as a brand would tell you to consider. They have several models that would fit most any bill. Their newer top of the line models offer that same kind of power and save you a couple of pounds. It might not sound like much but the first time you use it on a 3/4 ton crew cab you will appreciate it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I have an ATD and dont really like it. Its heavy and uncomfortable to run. I used to run a DeWalt and really liked it. Its a heavy machine but it seems like its an even and more balanced weight. My last machine was a Harbor Freight and to be honest with you it was a great machine. Light weight, comfortable to run for long periods of time, and it was $40.00. Not as much power as the ATD, Makita, or DeWalt, but it got the job done. I also had a Makita rotary, but I didnt have it long enough to give an honest opionion of it before I traded it in on the 849 because I didnt like the soft start feature, even though Ive grown used to it with the ATD.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`d go with either the Haitachi , Makita, or Porter Cable .. most people forget PC makes a nice rotary too...
    the Haitachi comes with the best warranty of them..

also if you buy a good machine you may have it for a long time with less headaches
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I went with DeWalt, I`ve had a Makita and sold it. My buddy that runs a bodyshop let me try a DeWalt and I was sold. The makita he also had was about to go on life support. I thought long and hard about Hitachi and after a long fact finding mission I had a pro detailer tell me his Hitachi was in about 3 pieces, I decided not to ask the details. Plus I have a DeWalt store right in town if I ever need anything done to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweetextreme View Post
    hey guys iv been doing some checking and im going to buy a buffer since i no longer work at the dealership and cant just bring it home. i would like your opinion on each of these and what one you think i should buy. i more partial to the dewalt becuase its what i have always used. well here are the links.

ATD 10511 Variable Speed 7" Polisher / Buffer Promo Kit - eBay (item 350408120582 end time Feb-24-11 14:29:40 PST)

DeWalt DW849 POLISHER-BUFFER 6 Polish Pads Waffle Foam - eBay (item 390281809502 end time Feb-18-11 00:31:34 PST)
    I personnely reffer DeWalt DW849 POLISHER becuase of its strong 8.0 amperage. As i am using for last few months I find it conviniently set max. speed frm 1000 to 3000 for diffrent applicatons and materials.

Post Thanks / Like

With the two you offered to compare , I would go with the DeWalt. Other brands mentioned by the members in this thread are also good picks. If price defines what is available to you then keep in mind craigslist and your local pawn shop. Another good place to pick up a bargain is this and other detailing forums. There is always someone upgrading or getting rid of equipment at a good price. Just a idea to toss about.

Post Thanks / Like

Flex Light Weight I have one and Love it. For a DA the PCXP or the Griot Garage

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Thread Information