Post Thanks / Like

Question Polish Recomendation

Ok here`s the deal. I`m going to be purchasing a new car in a few months. It`s going to be black (metallic). Which polish would be your choice for the final step before coating between....

Polish Angel Master Final Polish II
    Sonax Perfect Finish
    CarPro Reflect

I`m sure there will be some minor things that need to be corrected and I want to bring out the most gloss I can before applying CSL and EXO V3.

If there`s another polish that I should be considering let me know but I pretty much have narrowed it down to those three.

Thanks for for the knowledge!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Recomendation

Quote Originally Posted by deep18 View Post
    Ok here`s the deal. I`m going to be purchasing a new car in a few months. It`s going to be black (metallic). Which polish would be your choice for the final step before coating between....

Polish Angel Master Final Polish II
    Sonax Perfect Finish
    CarPro Reflect

I`m sure there will be some minor things that need to be corrected and I want to bring out the most gloss I can before applying CSL and EXO V3.

If there`s another polish that I should be considering let me know but I pretty much have narrowed it down to those three.

Thanks for for the knowledge!
    Maybe look into CarPro Essence? It puts down a layer of Sio2 as a primer prior to coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Griot`s perfecting cream
    Likes mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Griot`s perfecting cream
    Mike ... are you using this with a BOSS or RUPES polisher?

If it`s a Rupes, do you suggest a Yellow Polishing or a White Finishing pad?

If it`s a Boss .... never mind ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going straight to a coating try Essence with a Gloss pad which is Reflect with SiO2. The PA stuff is a joy to work with. The smell alone makes it worth the price, but if I am going directly to a coating Essence would be my choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I think any of those polishes would for fine, assuming they are paired up with the correct pad & the level of correction needed.

Quite frankly, I haven`t used ANY of those polishes....And, I`m not convinced one finishing polish is better at bringing out any gloss than another anymore - I believe all of those are high quality products.

So if you are in the range of 98% of "play nice paint" - any should work fine.

For me, I`m always going to reach for Rupes polish - just because I use the system and it makes it very simple for me to get great results...

If it was me, I would use the G Technique panel wipe stuff b4 the coating...
    Likes danlc95 liked this post
    Thanks danlc95 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

We are using exclusively Griot`s products. However if you have rupes pads,I would start with the white pad and work from there. What I like about it is it works great with any pad.
    Thanks SGM2008 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I think any of those polishes would for fine, assuming they are paired up with the correct pad & the level of correction needed.

Quite frankly, I haven`t used ANY of those polishes....And, I`m not convinced one finishing polish is better at bringing out any gloss than another anymore - I believe all of those are high quality products.

So if you are in the range of 98% of "play nice paint" - any should work fine.

For me, I`m always going to reach for Rupes polish - just because I use the system and it makes it very simple for me to get great results...

If it was me, I would use the G Technique panel wipe stuff b4 the coating...
    I agree on the Rupes polishes. They`re absolutely fantastic!

Outside of that, if a I`m using the Porter-Cable 7424, M205 or Ultimate Polish on a Lake Country Hydrotech Tangerine Polishing pad on speed 4, with light pressure.... Totally blows me away every time. I like that combination more than Menzerna SF4000, and it`s so much easier to use.

Actually, considering the coating, go with the M205. Ultimate Polish has a pretty tough glaze additive, which may be harder to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post
    I agree on the Rupes polishes. They`re absolutely fantastic!

Outside of that, if a I`m using the Porter-Cable 7424, M205 or Ultimate Polish on a Lake Country Hydrotech Tangerine Polishing pad on speed 4, with light pressure.... Totally blows me away every time. I like that combination more than Menzerna SF4000, and it`s so much easier to use.

Actually, considering the coating, go with the M205. Ultimate Polish has a pretty tough glaze additive, which may be harder to remove.
    Rupes polishes also work well with a PC if you`ve never tried it...
    Likes danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Rupes polishes also work well with a PC if you`ve never tried it...
    Oh yeah! I have, and totally agree. That`s why I picked up extra liters of Rupes polishes. They`re going to replace my Menzerna.
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post

Thread Information