Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint correction on Single Stage Paint `86 4Runner. Any advice or thoughts on approach or LSP welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    My `89 Cadillac has crows feet on one panel as well...I have to dismiss it as patina as well.
    That`s the way

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint correction on Single Stage Paint `86 4Runner. Any advice or thoughts on approach or LSP welcome!

Thanks everyone for all the tips. I spent the day washing, decontaminating the paint, and started polishing. There was a ton of tar and fall out on this beast.
    Finished up the roof, hood, and front passenger and driver fenders.

EDIT: In the end I went with Perfecting Cream, PB Black Hole as a glaze, and PB-Ex Sealant with Carnauba.

Likes Kean liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the tips. I spent the day washing, decontaminating the paint, and started polishing. There was a ton of tar and fall out on this beast.
    Finished up the roof, hood, and front passenger and driver fenders...

SS red is kinda gratifying to work, huh? You can really *SEE* the progress...

.. In the end I went with Perfecting Cream, PB Black Hole as a glaze, and PB-Ex Sealant with Carnauba.
    How did the Perfecting Cream work correction-wise?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    SS red is kinda gratifying to work, huh? You can really *SEE* the progress...

How did the Perfecting Cream work correction-wise?
    Yes, super gratifying! Its a night an day difference especially when you start seeing the true paint colour pop through. Perfecting cream worked very well. it didnt remove alot of the other larger defects ofcourse but I think for what the client wanted which was really oxidation removal it did great. I also ended up using the Rupes Keramik Fine Polish (Yellow) with my nano and lhr75e as well and that also did a nice job. I love the Boss creams though, super long working times and no dusting even outside in the sun.

Its taken a long time. Its a beast of a car but I finally finished today on the paint. 16 hours total and I am beat lol.
    Still need to finish up the trim but I am happy with the results. I think next time I need a helper for this size of vehicle lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some post correction and PB glaze, the PB EX Sealant is curing. This is the 2nd coat of PB EX sealant I applied. This stuff is awesome and love that it can go on nicely in the sun as well. I let it cure for an hour then wiped off. Wipe off was very easy as well.

EDIT: I will post some final photo`s tomorrow after the trim restoration but all in all this was a really fun and challenging project.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

RaydiantDetail- Heh heh, glad you could call it "fun"! Sounds like you`re really dialed-on on what products work best for you under your conditions.
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information