Thread: Hi everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi everyone!

Welcome fellow nycer!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks Raymoche thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for dbl post but if ur mobile and never worked for a detail company. Waterwerks in LI was looking for a part timer who can polish was a nd CoRRecT!!!! If ur interested pls face book waterwerks or insta ull get some info.

Maybe a good idea to see how detail shops roll before u really get into it!!!!

I wanted to try but i am a full time worker 7 days 24 hrs 365 working man. City never sleeps

Likes Raymoche liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

welcome ray
    Thanks Raymoche thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angryfx45 View Post
    Sorry for dbl post but if ur mobile and never worked for a detail company. Waterwerks in LI was looking for a part timer who can polish was a nd CoRRecT!!!! If ur interested pls face book waterwerks or insta ull get some info.

Maybe a good idea to see how detail shops roll before u really get into it!!!!

I wanted to try but i am a full time worker 7 days 24 hrs 365 working man. City never sleeps

Waterwerks? I am not sure if I found the right FB page, waterwerks NW? but their location doesn`t show LI. Would you mind linking their page so I can see what they`re about? I also work full time so I am more or less a weekend warrior, but things might change if things pick up or something more interesting happens.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome ray, i`ve been here for a bit but have detailed for bout 15 years and i still keep getting taught things, i don`t think ill ever stop learning here

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymoche View Post
    Waterwerks? I am not sure if I found the right FB page, waterwerks NW? but their location doesn`t show LI. Would you mind linking their page so I can see what they`re about? I also work full time so I am more or less a weekend warrior, but things might change if things pick up or something more interesting happens.

Its waterwerkzny lol these slangish word got me confused

Pls take a look at the insta screenshot here... lol

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thanks for the contact, unfortunately those days don`t work for me

On the bright side, I have a fairly big job booked on Saturday, full wash, paint splatter removal, trim restore, paint correction with scratch removal, quick interior detail!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymoche View Post
    Ah, thanks for the contact, unfortunately those days don`t work for me

On the bright side, I have a fairly big job booked on Saturday, full wash, paint splatter removal, trim restore, paint correction with scratch removal, quick interior detail!!!
    Where are you located and where do you work out of?

Good luck man!!!

I guess u can also try to call in and see if its changeable. Very important on having a hands on experience.
    Especially youll be able to open your eyes on the world of overhead expenses and rent figures and management.

Sorry if im sounding like a smartass/ WE, but i been in retail business for over 10yrs non car related, but it sounds like a get paid to learn experience, if your really planning to go this route.

Post Thanks / Like

Considering I was an assistant manager at a Auto repair shop for about 4 years, I don`t feel I lack any of that knowledge, however, one can always learn more.

I also did a good number of detailing work in my time too, I`ve been unprofessionally (dont get paid) doing detail work for well over 5 years (I wont count those days where I tried to compound and polish my very old car with a drill and wool bonnet), all self taught, and later applied a lot of experience and technique I learned as a R&D Engineer in critical surface finishing.

I work out of my yard on Saturdays when I get cars Quite convenient and enjoyable. I agree with you the opportunity is great for someone that is looking to own their own shop, wanting to expose themselves to the real world of detailing, and building their background to have a higher chance of success.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Ray!
    Check out my Youtube Channel!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information