Post Thanks / Like

Newbie here, just an guy wanting to keep his car sexy.

Hello all, I just found this forum in searching other places on general car care and maintenance and after reading some threads I had to join! Fair warning, I`m a moron who knows nothing about how to really do a proper job, but I do enjoy a clean vehicle. I do not have a garage so it does not last for long, but I do what I can cheaply. I do have a covered garage as needed for work which I`ve never had before so being out of the sun will really help me out I think as I kinda hate the sun and it hates me back. I will literally sunburn before I can get a cars wax even on, let alone off.

I have never even used a power buffer or polisher, all by hand all the time. Maybe one day I`ll fix that? Anyway, I`m getting rid of a black car now and the wife chose white this time, I`ve never taken care of a white car so it will be new to me. I`m hoping to learn what to do on day one when the new car rolls off the truck and I bring it home here in a few weeks. Never used a sealer, I`m thinking of trying Blackfire Crystal Seal or Klasse but hope to learn more on here on what to choose. Getting a new Honda in White Orchid Pearl.

So far my stash of stuff is basic off the shelf stuff from auto zone and the like, no special stuff used and nothing other than basic cheap microfiber towels. I hope to step up my game as I know little and the results on here are amazing!

My car is red and is my first red vehicle, here is a untouched photo from a few weeks ago of my results from the first wax of the year.

It was hard to take a decent photo in the super bright skin burning sun on a phone screen, but you get the idea anyway. I`d not done the tires or anything, but was still pretty happy with the results overall. Still would like more though!

Anyway, long enough, hope to see you around on here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie here, just an guy wanting to keep his car sexy.-.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie here, just an guy wanting to keep his car sexy.

Welcome to Autopia!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. You`ll find the white car infinitely more easy to keep looking clean than the black one it replaces. Mind you, that doesn`t actually mean it`s cleaner but it doesn`t jump out and grab you the same way a black one with dust does.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome,

Don`t worry about using OTC products, you can still incredible results with non-boutique products
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

You have more time than money or more money than time

Quote Originally Posted by CamTech View Post

I`m a moron who knows nothing about how to really do a proper job, but I do enjoy a clean vehicle. I do not have a garage so it does not last for long, but I do what I can cheaply. I do have a covered garage as needed for work which I`ve never had before so being out of the sun will really help me out I think as I kinda hate the sun and it hates me back.

Cam, welcome aboard! If you are sincere about caring for the car long-term, I`d suggest having it coated and I would refine your weekly washing routine until it`s perfect. That will be the least expensive solution I can think of.

Good luck with the new car.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Autozone has some good stuff on the shelf!
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

www.griotsgarage.com - Have fun in your garage!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome all, I appreciate it!

I am serious about keeping a good looking car, but it is very, very hard to keep them looking as good as I want without a garage. Nothing more depressing than coming outside the next morning to see your freshly polished and waxed car covered in dew and pollen before you even drove it once lol! I have had many an hour working on the shine and polish of cars and I find it enjoyable so that is a big plus I suppose. I`ve also owned several black vehicles - I had no choice but to work on it all the time then! Hoods and roofs are my Nemesis on black cars I swear.

After reading on here some more though I do think I want to take the time to get a car coating, I know Blackfire has a new one that is affordable but I`ve not read much on how it performs. I do like lots of reflection and long life as I`m thinking of it in a coating. Anyone have suggestions for a quality but inexpensive coating for a red and a whit vehicle? There are better places to post this question I suppose....

Post Thanks / Like

Cam, it might be helpful for you to reveal what state you and in and then others can guide you to the appropriate detailer.
    Cars: bringing people together

Thread Information