Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Time It Takes To Do A Full Detail On A Motorcycle?

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Their coating is fine but there are also many other very good coating options out there to choose from too so don`t get caught up into their marketing hype/sales pitch too much. It sounds like they may have sold you on multiple coats/layers? How many were they going to apply? While there are some very good Ceramic Pro installers out there I`m just not a fan after seeing so many shady and unethical practices by many of their installers.

Where are you located? Personally, I would suggest comparing some of the other top pro coatings available, like CQuartz, GTechniq, Modesta, and Opti-Coat. Talk with certified installer in your area and go with the one that explains things best, talks about what coatings can and cannot do, and just seems the most honest. They all protect very well, while each excelling in their own way.

Just my $.02
    PM sent...
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did another and after days of an early morning start to dusk and even longer of meticulous cleaning and polishing all by hand, it still could use more upon much closer inspection and removal of certain parts...

Detail perfection, damn it!!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Their coating is fine but there are also many other very good coating options out there to choose from too so don`t get caught up into their marketing hype/sales pitch too much. It sounds like they may have sold you on multiple coats/layers? How many were they going to apply? While there are some very good Ceramic Pro installers out there I`m just not a fan after seeing so many shady and unethical practices by many of their installers.

Where are you located? Personally, I would suggest comparing some of the other top pro coatings available, like CQuartz, GTechniq, Modesta, and Opti-Coat. Talk with certified installer in your area and go with the one that explains things best, talks about what coatings can and cannot do, and just seems the most honest. They all protect very well, while each excelling in their own way.

Just my $.02
    Completely agree, an for me most bikes take around 12 hours on average but if there is a lot of brightwork it can take 18 to even 30 hours but those are really very specialized jobs.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes Stokdgs, Dispatch liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Completely agree, an for me most bikes take around 12 hours on average but if there is a lot of brightwork it can take 18 to even 30 hours but those are really very specialized jobs.
    Mi Hermano ! I pray that you and yours are safe and protected from this virus thing..

Wow ! That is a lot of hours !

And here I was thinking that my 20+/- hours on a complete, perfect inside & out, from one end to the other; perfect paint, Vehicle Detail was a long time..

I guess we really have to love the work, eh ?

Dan F
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Mi Hermano ! I pray that you and yours are safe and protected from this virus thing..

Wow ! That is a lot of hours !

And here I was thinking that my 20+/- hours on a complete, perfect inside & out, from one end to the other; perfect paint, Vehicle Detail was a long time..

I guess we really have to love the work, eh ?

Dan F
    I hope everything is well on your end as well, NY is definitely getting hammered right now. Were I`am it`s pretty bad but we`re all stocked up.

I love doing anything, as long as they`re paying : )

Seriously though, I just want to get paid fairly for my hard work. If it takes me 5 hours so be, I`ll bill ya for 5 hours but if it takes me 30 it`s going to cost ya.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    I hope everything is well on your end as well, NY is definitely getting hammered right now. Were I`am it`s pretty bad but we`re all stocked up.

I love doing anything, as long as they`re paying : )

Seriously though, I just want to get paid fairly for my hard work. If it takes me 5 hours so be, I`ll bill ya for 5 hours but if it takes me 30 it`s going to cost ya.
    Thats what makes detailing so complicated, most people want the 30 hour detail grade level but at the 5 hour price.

The true, comitted 30 hour detail wanting customer/owner is a rarity due to cost, it`s usually a person with the available disposiable cash to shell out for such a service, a special breed that wants the best of the best to keep what they have in impeccable shape, they are out there but not as a whole and not enough to keep a business going steady.

I`m dumbfounded to see at local biking events people letting bikini wearing young women carelessly grind the same dirty, filthy, sand/dirt caked wash mitts they just washed a half dozen bikes with into their beautiful bikes paint and chrome.

People who do so in my opinion are just lazy who have no clue and or appreciation for what they have/own...

Post Thanks / Like

Go figure, FedEx delivers on Sunday...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information