Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

I got a good deal today on a 9227c. I visit a local tool shop on a weekly basis to drop off tools we need fixed. I have been wanting to learn how to use a rotary so I thought it was a good idea just to buy a used one to start. I got the idea of asking if the owner who knows me, if he had any 9227`s that he would sell me. He brought out this one that he said is completely refurbished. It is in great shape, all the speeds work, but its missing the curved handle. He said he would get one from Makita and give it to me. Anyways I paid 80 bucks for it. I am stoked to have a rotary now. So my question is what type of backing plates are you guys running? I see Detailers Domain has a 3M backing plate for 59.99. 3M 09553 Perfect-it Rotary Backing Plate Is this the one everyone is using even with small 4in pads? Thanks for all info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the flex backing plates from autogeek, and the Megs backing plate for the Megs pads, just get the right size for the pads you`re going to use

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!! $60 for a backing plate? That does look really nice, but this is the more nomal selection: Rotary Flexible Backing Plate-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twheat
    Hello all,

I got a good deal today on a 9227c. I visit a local tool shop on a weekly basis to drop off tools we need fixed. I have been wanting to learn how to use a rotary so I thought it was a good idea just to buy a used one to start. I got the idea of asking if the owner who knows me, if he had any 9227`s that he would sell me. He brought out this one that he said is completely refurbished. It is in great shape, all the speeds work, but its missing the curved handle. He said he would get one from Makita and give it to me. Anyways I paid 80 bucks for it. I am stoked to have a rotary now. So my question is what type of backing plates are you guys running? I see Detailers Domain has a 3M backing plate for 59.99. 3M 09553 Perfect-it Rotary Backing Plate Is this the one everyone is using even with small 4in pads? Thanks for all info.

That was a *killer* deal. After going down for the last year or so, the prices on 9227`s have been going up. The cheapest I`ve seen even a rebuilt one is 160.

Another backing plate you might want to consider is the Meguairs w66.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help guys. I thought 60 bucks seemed an awful lot when autogeek has them for much less. I just wasn`t sure if paying 60 bucks was really needed.

Thread Information