Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which pad combo for the boss?

While waiting for a no exclusions sale (COME ON Autopia, I have Christmas money waiting to be spent) so I can order a Boss polisher kit, I`m trying to decide on a good combination of the Griots boss pads. I have plenty of soft LSP pads so I`m primarily interested in correction and polishing pads. If you were to order three of the "any combo" six packs, what combination of pads would you order?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which pad combo for the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by rottenII View Post
    While waiting for a no exclusions sale (COME ON Autopia, I have Christmas money waiting to be spent) so I can order a Boss polisher kit, I`m trying to decide on a good combination of the Griots boss pads. I have plenty of soft LSP pads so I`m primarily interested in correction and polishing pads. If you were to order three of the "any combo" six packs, what combination of pads would you order?
    I`d go with Fast Correcting Foam, Correcting Foam and Perfecting Foam. Haven`t used em but I generally look to get the 3 `basics` with any set of pads. Heavy cutting, light cutting and polishing. Maybe some microfiber pads too for those tougher jobs. I always buy my `main pad` sets in quantities of 6 of each type so I can usually get a whole job done with fresh pads, switching to new often. Can never have enough fresh pads...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Budget. That sounds like a good plan. I`ll grab 6 each of the foam correction/polish pads and maybe grab a few microfibers on top of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Te boss MF pads are supposed to be top notch, though for the price they`d better be

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use the LC HD Orbital pads on their Griots long throw machines? Seems like a simple system if the foam is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RatZ1LLa View Post
    Does anyone use the LC HD Orbital pads on their Griots long throw machines? Seems like a simple system if the foam is good.
    I use them on my Rupes and like them. No reason they wouldn`t be good on the Boss.

Post Thanks / Like

I would skip the fast correcting foam pads and go straight to the BOSS microfiber pads. Better cut, finish and very smooth. Paired with the fast correcting cream it`s a knockout combination.

The orange BOSS correcting pads and yellow perfecting pads are great too.

I pretty much always use the BOSS microfiber pads with fast correcting cream for the cutting process.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m finding this interesting, even though I currently have zero plans to buy a Boss15 (or a Rupes15 either). Currently

Do the Boss MF pads finish out OK or do you guys prefer something else for the Final Polishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`m finding this interesting, even though I currently have zero plans to buy a Boss15 (or a Rupes15 either). Currently

Do the Boss MF pads finish out OK or do you guys prefer something else for the Final Polishing?
    Cant speak for boss MF pads, but I got LSP ready results on a black Mercedes with B&S cutting MF and HD Adapt. Of course it`d look better with final polishing but still came out nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Cant speak for boss MF pads, but I got LSP ready results on a black Mercedes with B&S cutting MF and HD Adapt. Of course it`d look better with final polishing but still came out nice.
    Ah, OK...though that "look better with Final.." is probably the kind of thing I`m concerned about. Note that I`m the guy who finds M205 unacceptable with regard to Final Finish regardless of pads

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, OK...though that "look better with Final.." is probably the kind of thing I`m concerned about. Note that I`m the guy who finds M205 unacceptable with regard to Final Finish regardless of pads
    Honestly with harder paints I have got pretty darn close to LSP ready with BOSS microfiber pads. But typically a quality finish polish with Menzerna SF3800 or BOSS perfecting cream does the trick.

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes felixthecat, mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Justins00SS- Am I understanding you correctly (gee, I`m starting to think I might be slow today ) in that for the absolute ultimate Final Finish you`d still use some Finishing Pad instead of any type of MF? I`m talking Extreme Autopianism that might take a glossmeter to evaluate.

Post Thanks / Like

Justins00SS- Am I understanding you correctly (gee, I`m starting to think I might be slow today ) in that for the absolute ultimate Final Finish you`d still use some Finishing Pad instead of any type of MF? I`m talking Extreme Autopianism that might take a glossmeter to evaluate.
    Absolutely. I would finish with a black or white pad depending upon how much haze there is after the microfiber cutting pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Justins00SS- OK, now I follow.

I`ve heard that MF cutting and finishing pads aren`t all that different, but I`ve never finished out with either.

Post Thanks / Like

Justin. What would be your most used one step pad and polish on your g21

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information