Post Thanks / Like

Hex Logic Quantum pads?

Anyone used these and what are your thoughs? I have 5`5" green and yellow pads. I have tested green against Rupes yellow pad and seems like green hex cuts a little more, but Rupes yellow finishes little better. How is the durability with these? And could some one tell me how the agressivines scale compares to Rupes pads?

Since Rupes pads all are open cell, i would guess something like this:

Rupes blue = yellow Quantum
    Rupes green = green Quantum
    Rupes yellow = blue Quantum
    Rupes white = red Quantum

So how does those closed cell Quantums(orange, white, black work with Rupes polishers and polishes? Would something like Buff and Shine uro-tec or low pro be better? I believe Quantums are made by Bns too.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hex Logic Quantum pads?

Really liked the Quantums on my 8mm, but when I put them on a 12 or 15 longthrow, LOUD, LOUD.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the Quantum better than my Griots BOSS pads on my GG6 when using Speed....they seemed to load up a lot less. I have some of the BOSS creams...will do a comparison with those next.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Any more experiences with long throw machines and opinions cutting charts?

Post Thanks / Like

The foam formulations don`t match up at all.

The softest Rupes pad, the white is about as stuff as the white hex. I would definitely use the green hex to cut, and blue to Polish though.

If I remember correctly, the yellow hex was very similar to the yellow Rupes. It has smaller pores than the green hex, and I`m pretty sure it`s an open cell euro foam, like the orange and red. The white hex is a hybrid - closed and open cell. The American foams are green, blue and black. They`re traditional "filter style" foams - green 60ppi, blue 70 point, black 80ppi. They use pore structure to cut rather than pad density, like the euro foams.

The industry decided that pad density would be the determining factor of pad aggressiveness, due to their ability to withstand pressure. I don`t necessarily agree with this, because I don`t use a lot of pressure, and get a lot of cut from a green hex pad on an 8mm tool.

The open cell pads use a "scrubbing" effect, that in my experience works great with smat abrasives efficiently cutting paint away. I like prepolymer Lake Country Hydrotech pads for diminishing abrasive polishes like Menzerna.

If you take the Rupes line of pads, they`ve taken the open cell concept to an extreme level, and added rigidity to the foams for more intense scrubbing action. As the pores decrease in size, the pad becomes more dense, and thus has a finer feel over surface lending it well to polishing.

You might find that the yellow and white hex are closer to the yellow and white Rupes pads.

If I were to order quantum pads, I`d use green for cutting, blue for polishing, and red for sealant.
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i compared open foam vs open foam. In real life id guess orange quantum is close to green Rupes when it comes to cutting power. Yellow quantum is not at all like yellow rupes, one is harsh cutting pad and other is polishing/finishing pad, so yellow quantum must be compared to blue/green rupes, i will test which one cuts more. I think yellow rupes is between green and blue quantum.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it`s been a minute since I used yellow and orange pads. The green out cut them every time, and after a few cars I decided to sell them.

Post Thanks / Like

I will test yellow vs green today, they re both open cell and yellow should be much nore agressive. Orange is cloced cell and it wont cut much at ll with out added pressure.

Thread Information