Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help selecting my next polisher?

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Thats about it in a nutshell...compared to the 15mm on amazon no difference...amazon $100.00 cheaper less 12.95 for shipping it back to adams. Their customer service said I could keep their swirl finding light so I made out on deal...
    Thanks for the honest response. I took a peak over on the Adams forum and the fanboys tore into it for it being made in China. Then I saw two afams reps pushing it like it was the best thing ever.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeMarque View Post
    Mike Phillips? Or who?

Well there`s supposed to be a new Das6 Pro+ with the speed dial on the top, etc. I think this is the best clone I`ve ever bought. Going to heat shrink the power cord where it enters the body; other than that it`s on par with the Griots, IMHO. If something fails it`s almost the same cost to buy another as is the shipping to return a machine. Not comparing to the Rupes at all and now I`m sorry I didn`t buy $1K worth of gift certs while they were on sale ---> for my Rupes purchases.

Thanks for the tip about the Griots 3" backing plate - wasn`t on my radar. Now I don`t have to think about the Mini
    I will PM P.O.C info on clone...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks for the honest response. I took a peak over on the Adams forum and the fanboys tore into it for it being made in China. Then I saw two afams reps pushing it like it was the best thing ever.
    No problem like yourself I just try and explain my actions and give a hobbyists point of view
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes The Guz, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Let me say this, from years of detailing...

It`s better to buy quality used then cheap new. I purchased almost all my Rupes used except for my Nano, 21 mk II and 15 mk II. All my others are still working flawless.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikejames View Post
    I am planning to do the same with the Griots 6 and 3" backing plate. I really like my Das 6 Pro Plus, and you can`t beat the price! KB if you had to choose just one, the generic Flex or the Das 6 Pro Plus which one would you go with?
    For the price the Clone 15mm...

The clone Flex is something for my OCD

Not going to start anything, everybody has their view. For myself who only works on 3 cars the clones have worked for me.... I don`t want to get this thread locked
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Thanks mikejames thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    In the same boat; GG6 served me well but looking for something a bit quicker w/ a little more `finesse` to it, less vibration and a bit easier on the `ol body. Initially thought the Rupes Duetto might fit the bill but am now leaning towards Rupes LHR15 Mark II Big Foot. Also considering the Griots Boss 15 as in the end it`d be a lower cost option. Downside to Rupes is the fact that they are *never* discounted but since it`s `off-season` here in NE Ohio, I can spend some time waiting for Black Friday/Holiday sales of Autogeek gift certificates which I can then use to purchase the Rupes. I like the progressive/variable trigger on the BOSS 15 but am drawn to the Rupes for some intangible reason. It just seems to be a more `artistic` tool. BOSS does have the fantastic GG warranty behind it though. The BOSS 15 would certainly be a more practical choice (and more economical) but still the Rupes calls to me...

Here`s a thread on Autogeek w/ some commentary, opinions from other folks: Pondering the Rupes LHR 12E Duetto...
    You got my head swimming now after reading that.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    You got my head swimming now after reading that.......
    Yeah...when dropping that kinda money, wanna make best decision but I second guessed myself all the way up (and following) clicking the BUY button.

No regrets though...Rupes is amazing. And so is Flex 3401 I bought 2 weeks later. As is the Rupes Mini I bought after that. Expensive Holiday season but compounding/polishing is so much more effective and pleasurable with different machines for different tasks.

Doing a Ford Ranger work truck right now for giggles...totally neglected and beat paint. Flex 3401 w LC Force gray cutting pad with M101 for initial defects, Flex 3401 w LC Force white with M205 to refine, Rupes LHR15 Mk 2 w Rupes white pad and Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine polish to squeeze maybe a last bit of gloss before coating with Gyeon Mohs. Rupes Mini for tight spots. Way overkill for truck that`s just gonna be beat on but it`s more about the fun of doing it for me.

FedEx just delivered my Kamikaze Beast backing plate for LHR15 so gonna give that a shot.

Flex good for knocking out the tough stuff quick and getting things done fast but it takes its toll on you after a few hours. Rupes is just a joy to use but does take some learning to truly master like you see the pros do in videos; it`s like an art form and I`m probably about 15% there technique-wise but still way more effective than GG6.
    Likes Ronkh, rlmccarty2000, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was really wanting to go w/ a 3401, 4``bp w/ LC hybrid pads, but not at the expense of a work out. I really like the duetto p/c style body w/ a 12m throw. I have a feeling it`d work great on vertical panels like a p/c, just seeing most ppl don`t like it vs a mini. So now looking at a 15 machine, either a G15 or Mkll, as of right now. My forearms are whipped out from a GG6``/PC right now.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yeah...when dropping that kinda money, wanna make best decision but I second guessed myself all the way up (and following) clicking the BUY button.

No regrets though...Rupes is amazing. And so is Flex 3401 I bought 2 weeks later. As is the Rupes Mini I bought after that. Expensive Holiday season but compounding/polishing is so much more effective and pleasurable with different machines for different tasks.

Doing a Ford Ranger work truck right now for giggles...totally neglected and beat paint. Flex 3401 w LC Force gray cutting pad with M101 for initial defects, Flex 3401 w LC Force white with M205 to refine, Rupes LHR15 Mk 2 w Rupes white pad and Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine polish to squeeze maybe a last bit of gloss before coating with Gyeon Mohs. Rupes Mini for tight spots. Way overkill for truck that`s just gonna be beat on but it`s more about the fun of doing it for me.

FedEx just delivered my Kamikaze Beast backing plate for LHR15 so gonna give that a shot.

Flex good for knocking out the tough stuff quick and getting things done fast but it takes its toll on you after a few hours. Rupes is just a joy to use but does take some learning to truly master like you see the pros do in videos; it`s like an art form and I`m probably about 15% there technique-wise but still way more effective than GG6.
    Mate you bought the wrong Kamikaze :/ Katana is for 15 and Beast is for 21 and Duetto. Let us know how Kamikaze works.
    Rupes 21 MK3 | Rupes 15 MK3 | Rupes Duetto | Rupes Mini | Rupes Nano iBrid | Rupes LH19E

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel79 View Post
    Mate you bought the wrong Kamikaze :/ Katana is for 15 and Beast is for 21 and Duetto. Let us know how Kamikaze works.
    Plate is correct for LHR15 Mk 2...according to distributor anyway...

...and it`s magical! Help selecting my next polisher?
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, i wonder why its fits to 15 Mk2 but not 15 Mk1. So Katana is not good for 15 Mk2? Could you tell me that what kind benefits compared to regular bp with washed mod? Good that it works for you
    Rupes 21 MK3 | Rupes 15 MK3 | Rupes Duetto | Rupes Mini | Rupes Nano iBrid | Rupes LH19E

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel79 View Post
    Oh, i wonder why its fits to 15 Mk2 but not 15 Mk1. So Katana is not good for 15 Mk2? Could you tell me that what kind benefits compared to regular bp with washed mod? Good that it works for you
    Guessing it`s not fitment but the increased speed/power of motor on Mark 2 that has something to do with it.

Anyway, best way to describe it is: Smoooooooth.

Using Rupes yellow and white pads on speed 4.5 it just runs like glass. Seems to stall less than washer-mod and allows for more pressure.

Was able to push it into recessed body style line and get contact and result where washer modded required more attention and finesse to reach bottom of crevice of style line. Beast simply let me push the softer pads into conforming to the bottom of the recess while running over the body line longitudinally. This particular anomoly sticks in my mind as I did one side of vehicle one day with washer-mod + stock backing plate and other side the next day with Beast plate.

Something else that stuck out was a few times, maybe due to lack of technique and/or attention, the pad stalled a bit and slightly *more* pressure got it back to spinning.

Did I mention how smooth it is?

Is it worth the cost? It depends...it won`t magically do things that you can`t accomplish with stock backing plate but it just seems to do them in a more efficient and pleasing manner.

A final note: When using Rupes pads, the Beast velcro clings to the pads like cold death itself...certainly takes more effort to peel the pads off of the plate.

Oh, and it runs very smoothly.
    Thanks felixthecat, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was really wanting to go w/ a 3401, 4``bp w/ LC hybrid pads, but not at the expense of a work out. I really like the duetto p/c style body w/ a 12m throw. I have a feeling it`d work great on vertical panels like a p/c, just seeing most ppl don`t like it vs a mini. So now looking at a 15 machine, either a G15 or Mkll, as of right now. My forearms are whipped out from a GG6``/PC right now.
    I`m thinkin` about the Duetto for vertical panels as well. The PC size, with a 12mm. and a 5" BP.
    What really sells it is the fact that It`s a Rupes.
    I have the Mini, super smooth, yet powerful machine. The 3" Backing does put a limit on things,
    so I`m sure the 2 are made for each other, a true Killer Combo.
    I do have the G15. That`s a Monster ! Takes care of some serious work, large defected areas, def. a big gun.
    That`s exactly what it feels like, a rifle. LOL, but smooth.. like running your hand across polished & waxed paint.
    The rubberizing is a perfectly positioned as well, nice for me because I detail after work, when I`m already tired.

Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have a killer combo as many others= G15 w/ a Rupes mini. For me, I`m looking for one machine. Thanx Mary for your input, sounds like the G15 is a great machine, I just need to test one on vertical panels on a small car.

Post Thanks / Like

... I just need to test one on vertical panels on a small car.
    I like the idea of doing some hands-on testing if possible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information