Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help selecting my next polisher?

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    Can you explain why the Flex 3401 wasn`t for you???

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    sorry, just saw this. ..
    I think the 3401 corrects well but at a price on my body.
    Where the Rupes was very comfortable to operate, the 3401 killed my forearms. Great for correcting side panels, but I can do the same with my Rupes without aching.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Thew G15 seems to fit the best IMO. I didn`t care for the Flex and ended up selling mine. It was a very capable tool and well built but it didn`t work well with the Megs MF pads, which were new to the market at the time. I also don`t feel it finishes as well as the free spinning DA`s. The Rupes 15 would be solid as well but I can`t stand slow starts and just prefer the feel of the BOSS in my hands. Your LC pads will be fine with either tool but they likely won`t be as smooth as the intended OEM pads.
    I also sold my Flex, but have toyed with bringing it back.

That is until I get the Duetto out.

I`m typically running their pads and polishes with it, but I`ll often use Meguiar`s M100, or UC on Rupes blue microfiber discs, and M205 or UP on the yellow foam or microfiber pads. I`ll follow with some type of sealant, like M21, Ultimate Wax, or Duragloss 111 on the white pad. The Rupes polishes work great though. Cut, and finish very nice. Their P808 sealant is nice too.

Post Thanks / Like

What is it about the duetto that some/most ppl don`t like about it? Doesn`t do the job at that price point, twice as much as same bodied machines & since your there, then for go for a 15 size machine? or figure its not worth the price for a p/c bodied/style machine? Or is it some ppl have 2-4 machines & at that price there are other machines, say like a mini/15 or 21/3401/849? Ok I can see thou`s for a pro to have. How `bout the hobbyist/enthusiast wanting a smooth machine? I see Adam`s has a new machine,it seems to me like its in the same category as the mt300/torx machines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    What is it about the duetto that some/most ppl don`t like about it? Doesn`t do the job at that price point, twice as much as same bodied machines & since your there, then for go for a 15 size machine? or figure its not worth the price for a p/c bodied/style machine? Or is it some ppl have 2-4 machines & at that price there are other machines, say like a mini/15 or 21/3401/849? Ok I can see thou`s for a pro to have. How `bout the hobbyist/enthusiast wanting a smooth machine? I see Adam`s has a new machine,it seems to me like its in the same category as the mt300/torx machines.
    I have no idea. I`m not a fan of rotary body style machines.

They was Rupes initially created the machines, as the throw decreased, they gave it more opm, or rotation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post
    I have no idea. I`m not a fan of rotary body style machines.

They was Rupes initially created the machines, as the throw decreased, they gave it more opm, or rotation.
    I was asking about the duetto & wondering why most ppl don`t like or use the duetto vs the other size machines.

Post Thanks / Like

I was asking about the duetto & wondering why most ppl don`t like or use the duetto vs the other size machines.
    I felt it was a dog compared to the Rupes 15/21. I also prefer the rotary style polishers design.
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure.

Perception? It`s got a smaller throw, but still corrected faster than the 3401 I had...

Keep in mind that many users don`t seem to use them as intended, thus changing the playing field. But as far as I understand - with all the legacy models, as the throw decreased, the rotation increased to help balance things out. It doesn`t look like a powerful tool, but that thing will get some work done. I normally use it with their pads and polishes. I`ll substitute Meguiar`s M100, and M205 where appropriate (m100 on blue cutting microfiber, and m205 on either microfiber, and yellow foam pads).

I`d be interested in a Duetto with a 21mm throw/5" pad. Until that happens, I`m happy with the Duetto the way it is.

I usually end up using my 1st gen PC 7424, or 7424xp over anything else though.
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I have the same one....just got adams new, one see which works better. I admit I have a thing for polishers, USA, China, Generic Made....use them then on to Ebay...
    Keep Amazon polisher returned adams....
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Whatcha not like about Adams?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`m thinking I just bought that polisher also. $109 less 5% cash back using my card. I kinda really like it although I did swap out the backing plate for the Griots 5". I sensed the slightest wobble with the plate that shipped with it. Just wish the speed dial was on top instead of the side.

Why am I hijacking this thread? `Cause I can`t decide what machine to buy. I want something like the Rupes Mini but the speed dial on the bottom makes no sense to me at all. I do own the Griots Boss21 (strangely I get less stalling with the Das Pro + 15mm clone) but I stress out every time I use it recalling the two or three reports of the shaft letting loose.

So I`m thinking of selling the Boss21 for my psychological issues and getting the 21 and 15mm MKII`s. I`ll keep the clone for backup; I mean after all, a hundred bucks!
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok you got me curious now about why you returned it? Didn`t live up to the hype?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Ok you got me curious now about why you returned it? Didn`t live up to the hype?
    Thats about it in a nutshell...compared to the 15mm on amazon no difference...amazon $100.00 cheaper less 12.95 for shipping it back to adams. Their customer service said I could keep their swirl finding light so I made out on deal...
    Last edited by KBsToy; 12-11-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: senior moment
    Likes mikejames, The Guz liked this post
    Thanks mikejames, The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeMarque View Post
    I`m thinking I just bought that polisher also. $109 less 5% cash back using my card. I kinda really like it although I did swap out the backing plate for the Griots 5". I sensed the slightest wobble with the plate that shipped with it. Just wish the speed dial was on top instead of the side.

Why am I hijacking this thread? `Cause I can`t decide what machine to buy. I want something like the Rupes Mini but the speed dial on the bottom makes no sense to me at all. I do own the Griots Boss21 (strangely I get less stalling with the Das Pro + 15mm clone) but I stress out every time I use it recalling the two or three reports of the shaft letting loose.

So I`m thinking of selling the Boss21 for my psychological issues and getting the 21 and 15mm MKII`s. I`ll keep the clone for backup; I mean after all, a hundred bucks!
    As far as shaft coming loose contact Mike were you bought it at he will-give you the skinny on that info. I consider the clone for hobbyists not pros..

The new flex has problems also...

II also have the generic flex and spent $19.00 for 5" backing plate a 6" came with polisher so far the polisher has work well for my tasks..

Now saying that after reading Mike P article on AG about the new 3" griots HD backing plate I bought a griots 6 on sale on another site. all total I will have about $150.00 in including backing plates. This is about half the price of a mini 75E.

Again like I have posted before I am a hobbyist / enthusiast not a pro / full timer and these polishers have done the job for me.
    Last edited by KBsToy; 12-11-2016 at 11:08 AM. Reason: senior moment
    Likes mikejames, LeMarque, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As far as shaft coming loose contact Mike were you bought it at he will-give you the skinny on that info. I consider the clone for hobbyists not pros..

The new flex has problems also...

II also have the generic flex and spent $19.00 for 5" backing plate a 6" came with polisher so far the polisher has work well for my tasks..

Now saying that after reading Mike P article on AG about the new 3" griots HD backing plate I bought a griots 6 on sale on another site. all total I will have about $150.00 in including backing plates. This is about half the price of a mini 75E.

Again like I have posted before I am a hobbyist / enthusiast not a pro / full timer and these polishers have done the job for me.

I am planning to do the same with the Griots 6 and 3" backing plate. I really like my Das 6 Pro Plus, and you can`t beat the price! KB if you had to choose just one, the generic Flex or the Das 6 Pro Plus which one would you go with?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips? Or who?

Well there`s supposed to be a new Das6 Pro+ with the speed dial on the top, etc. I think this is the best clone I`ve ever bought. Going to heat shrink the power cord where it enters the body; other than that it`s on par with the Griots, IMHO. If something fails it`s almost the same cost to buy another as is the shipping to return a machine. Not comparing to the Rupes at all and now I`m sorry I didn`t buy $1K worth of gift certs while they were on sale ---> for my Rupes purchases.

Thanks for the tip about the Griots 3" backing plate - wasn`t on my radar. Now I don`t have to think about the Mini
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information