Post Thanks / Like

Have a DA, what to get next?

I have a typical $150 DA and I really like the results I get with it.

However, I aspire to make this in to a career and the time it takes is much too long.

With that in mind, what would you recommend as a second tool for a prosumer? It seems like the biggest contenders are the PE14, the Rupes, the 3401 and the G21.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have a DA, what to get next?

A rotary and learn how to use it.

Dave
    Likes jsou, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest that you ned to learn more about paint and the step between a 150 dollar DA and a rotary would certainly be a long throw machine like the Rupes or the Griots Garage unit.

Paint correction takes time, I did not expect it to take as long as it does and I think that is a common misconception of people who don`t understand the process.
    Likes JaredPointer, trashmanssd, jsou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I would suggest that you need to learn more about paint
    and the step between a 150 dollar DA and a rotary would certainly be a long throw machine like the Rupes or the Griot`s Garage unit.

Paint correction takes time, I did not expect it to take as long as it does and I think that is a common misconception of people who don`t understand the process.
    Agreed. IMHO A rotary, although an excellent machine, is something you grow into I`d suggest a long throw Rupes 21 or Griot`s BOSS 21.
    I have not used a Griot`s BOSS but my Rupes 21 is MY GO-TO machine. The Flex 3401 is a direct drive DA that can cut down polish time.
    Again, the Rupes 21 with a 5" backing plate is the machine I reach for 90% of the time. It is well balanced & leaves a crystal clear finish.
    In the end isn`t a crystal clear finish what we want? This can that be accomplished with a rotary or a 3401 but you`ll need to master skills.
    If there`s one thing I`ve learned it`s that modern clear coat is VERY thin. Fast hard cutting machines are very dangerous in untrained hands.
    If prefer slower. Why? I use less aggressive methods & remove minimal CC. Removing too much may look good at the time but causes issues.

Quote Originally Posted by number1show View Post
    However, I aspire to make this in to a career and the time it takes is much too long.
    Time is your friend. My typical exterior paint correction and gloss enhancement polish takes 20-40 hours. Don`t be a hack. Be the best you can be!

Thread Information