Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: evo 21????

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: evo 21????

Yep knockoff Rupes..

Post Thanks / Like

Knock off chemicals as well. Dura-Gloss It.

Post Thanks / Like

How much?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    How much?
    $274

Post Thanks / Like

That is cheap and if it holds up I am sure it will grab some market share.

I just purchased a Rupes kit and have not used it yet. I got the one with the Yellow and Green pads. And Yellow and Green Polish. Just days before the UHS one pad system came out.

Wish I waited a few day but you never know.

Lucky me.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalvolvo View Post
    $274

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    That is cheap and if it holds up I am sure it will grab some market share.

I just purchased a Rupes kit and have not used it yet. I got the one with the Yellow and Green pads. And Yellow and Green Polish. Just days before the UHS one pad system came out.

Wish I waited a few day but you never know.

Lucky me.
    I think I`m going to bu. It just for fun to see how it holds up...
    For your rupes I would do the Kevin Brown washer mod for the Rupes it helps out alot

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll sell you mine.

Anything below speed 4 and it stalls on the slightest change (curve) in panel contour. Great for cutting; unusable for polishing.

But guys using the Zentool from Optimum - same unit - don`t seem to have this problem. User error - nah, I don`t think so.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

When can I pick this up at Harbor Freight?
    Likes mnehls86, Stokdgs, Ronkh, MrCleanit liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richie Carbone View Post
    Knock off chemicals as well. Dura-Gloss It.
    But Richie, you used to be a Gloss-It guy, what happened?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeMarque View Post
    I`ll sell you mine.

Anything below speed 4 and it stalls on the slightest change (curve) in panel contour. Great for cutting; unusable for polishing.

But guys using the Zentool from Optimum - same unit - don`t seem to have this problem
    . User error - nah, I don`t think so.
    What`s funny about that statement is that forum member "Mark ZL1" actually bought the Zentool first, and sold it right away because it stalled to easily. He then purchased the EVO21 and feels it has more power then the Zentool.

I believe there are slight variances in power between all these machines, even the Rupes. Regardless of the more powerful motors and what some retailers are saying, they will all stall if you try. With that said, I think they will all perform very well and rotation is not a problem once you learn how to adjust for panel shape. In the long term, the Rupes uses much higher quality components and you will get what you pay for. The cheap build quality/cost cutting is obvious with all the newly released tools I`ve seen. I can understand why the cheaper tools attractive to a lot of detailers, but I`d personally rather pay more for a well built tool.

Just my $.02
    Likes Troy@Protekt, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    What`s funny about that statement is that forum member "Mark ZL1" actually bought the Zentool first, and sold it right away because it stalled to easily. He then purchased the EVO21 and feels it has more power then the Zentool.

I believe there are slight variances in power between all these machines, even the Rupes. Regardless of the more powerful motors and what some retailers are saying, they will all stall if you try. With that said, I think they will all perform very well and rotation is not a problem once you learn how to adjust for panel shape. In the long term, the Rupes uses much higher quality components and you will get what you pay for. The cheap build quality/cost cutting is obvious with all the newly released tools I`ve seen. I can understand why the cheaper tools attractive to a lot of detailers, but I`d personally rather pay more for a well built tool.

Just my $.02
    "With that said, I think they will all perform very well and rotation is not a problem once you learn how to adjust for panel shape."

If there is a technique to prevent stalling I`d sure be grateful for a "How To"

And I do agree about build quality. I`m going to put mine of Craigslist and then talk to KB about the Rupes. It really is impossible to keep the flow going when these 21mm`s stop spinning.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

"With that said, I think they will all perform very well and rotation is not a problem once you learn how to adjust for panel shape."

If there is a technique to prevent stalling I`d sure be grateful for a "How To"

And I do agree about build quality. I`m going to put mine of Craigslist and then talk to KB about the Rupes. It really is impossible to keep the flow going when these 21mm`s stop spinning.
    Best way can describe it is that I tackle panels much like I would with a rotary...not sure how else to put it in words. It`s rare I need to use my LHR75 on the main body, usually just bumper covers, rockers, and pillars, but there have been a few cars with an area were the LHR21/15 just wouldn`t work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    but there have been a few cars with an area were the LHR21/15 just wouldn`t work.
    Yeah but, that`s like outfitting our troops with arms that wouldn`t work say, uphill ...
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but, that`s like outfitting our troops with arms that wouldn`t work say, uphill ...
    Not really. It`s more like arming our troops with a rifle, pistol, and a blade.

All cars will require the use on 3-4" pads so I will always use more than one tool on a car. Only difference with a large throw machine is that I maybe have to tackle that tight area on the hood with a 3" tool when I do the bumper cover areas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information