Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: evo 21????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: evo 21????

Anyone have a personal review on this sucker?

Post Thanks / Like

//edit - guess it does come with a 5 inch backing plate

If your main use would be on long flat panels, maybe. If I had it do do all over again I`d ask Kevin Brown if the Duetto can use 5 inch pads. Otherwise I`m reading good things about the new Megs DA.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

I`m looking to upgrade from a pc 7424xp, would this or the zentool be recommended?

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you that one of the "21" knock off model is noticeably stronger than my Rupes 21. Not as smooth, but has serious grunt. Everyone has their preference, but I feel the knockoffs should be prices at $249 or less because for around $315 (using no exclusion coupon), you can get a genuine Rupes 15—smoother than the Rupes 21 and already comes with a 5" backing plate. Out-of-the-box, I enjoy my Rupes 15 over my Rupes 21 any day.

Post Thanks / Like

What stalls? Evo ?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarque View Post
    I`ll sell you mine.

Anything below speed 4 and it stalls on the slightest change (curve) in panel contour. Great for cutting; unusable for polishing.

But guys using the Zentool from Optimum - same unit - don`t seem to have this problem. User error - nah, I don`t think so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    I can tell you that one of the "21" knock off model is noticeably stronger than my Rupes 21. Not as smooth, but has serious grunt. Everyone has their preference, but I feel the knockoffs should be prices at $249 or less because for around $315 (using no exclusion coupon), you can get a genuine Rupes 15—smoother than the Rupes 21 and already comes with a 5" backing plate. Out-of-the-box, I enjoy my Rupes 15 over my Rupes 21 any day.
    Yeah the power is why I want the chupes.

I`ve also been looking at the 15 for a while especially since it is only $20 more than some chupes.

LeMarque, I`d buy it off ya... if you`re selling it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    What stalls? Evo ?
    Yes. It`s like this ... on the doors/fenders of something like a late model BMW 3 Series, because of the body lines, it`s useless; stalls at almost any speed.

Just used it on the hood of a Lincoln MKX and the hood curves down towards the grill, no problems at all!

I think it cuts better than my Flex 3401 but boy does it generate heat! Need to be real careful otherwise you can melt the clear in a heartbeat.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4_Peasant View Post
    Yeah the power is why I want the chupes.

I`ve also been looking at the 15 for a while especially since it is only $20 more than some chupes.

LeMarque, I`d buy it off ya... if you`re selling it

Make me an offer ...
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Idk if this is a lowball or not but... $180 shipped?

Post Thanks / Like

Another company jumping on the Rupes knock off band wagon.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to see scholl introduces L-15, is this US model (110V).

Post Thanks / Like

Griot`s will be released on June 6th. At least I`m assuming that is the big announcement. Griot`s will have a lifetime guarantee. I`m planning on buying a new polisher either a Rupes or Flex, but I`m waiting til June 6th to see what this big announcement is. I have already seen orange Chupes that look very similar to GG 6" DA.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of these units back in April 2015. I called Gloss It and they had me rma the unit back to them. They told me that they would send me a new unit with up dated firmware that would resolve the stalling issue. I got this supposed new unit back. I checked the serial number. It was the same unit that I rma`ed back to Gloss It. I gave up on the EVO 21. I gave it to someone who could not afford a rupes or chupes. Gloss it customers support almost none existing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a knockoff rupes then there are cheaper options than the gloss it polisher..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ww2717 View Post
    I bought one of these units back in April 2015. I called Gloss It and they had me rma the unit back to them. They told me that they would send me a new unit with up dated firmware that would resolve the stalling issue. I got this supposed new unit back. I checked the serial number. It was the same unit that I rma`ed back to Gloss It. I gave up on the EVO 21. I gave it to someone who could not afford a rupes or chupes. Gloss it customers support almost none existing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Lolz. Firmware update on a polisher.

Does anyone know what EVO even stands for?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information