Post Thanks / Like
    This polisher has the speed setting from 200-3377 RPM. I bought this polisher but I couldn`t find the speed setting break down. If any one used it could you please provide the speed setting break down and what do you think about it?

Thanks to All

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s anything like the Chicago one I bought from HF, it`s a piece of junk. I got about 3 hours out of it. Even before it crapped out it couldn`t hold the speed, and would bog down if you put any pressure on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm
    If it`s anything like the Chicago one I bought from HF, it`s a piece of junk. I got about 3 hours out of it. Even before it crapped out it couldn`t hold the speed, and would bog down if you put any pressure on it.
    One never knows, I have a HF that I have had three years, gets up to 4 hours a week of use, some days it runs 4 to 5 hours and no problems.

I also have a Milwaukee, and you can`t bog it down, but very heavy.

Also have a DeWalt, but right now it`s in the shop for a new armature.

As far as speed settings, I vary my speed depending on what product I am using, what surface I am buffing.

Usually, with modern clears and modern compounds, don`t go above #3, creates too much heat and breaks the abrasives down to quickly.

On boat gel coat, if cutting, use a blended yarn pad and a coarse compound for the first cut, may take it to #4 for some areas.

Polishing? I keep it a #2 when using a foam pad, may go to #3 when using a lambs wool pad. When polishing, "slower is better".

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    1-This is the drill master not the Chicago polisher which it has bad reviews. The link is below:

Sander/Polisher - 7 Speed Electric Sander & Polisher

2- I used this polisher for 3 months and it works fine but I never figure out what is setting#2 equivalent to what RPM. But I agree #2 is good enough for polishing cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s the same as mine, only mine has a orange plastic casing and the "silver" is black, same unit.

I can`t figure out why they are trying to sell "tie on" bonnets for that unit.

Mine came with a velcro mount plate, threw away the tie on`s, use "real pads".

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of these that I use as a back-up to my Makita. I usually will have 4" pads on it for spot corrections just to avoid constantly changing the plate on the Makita. Couldn`t tell you the actual RPMs since the feel is very different with the small pads. I usually set it at about 2.5-3. Anything higher than that and I don`t trust it. My biggest complaint is it tends to speed up and slow down a bit on it`s own as the motor warms and cools.

Post Thanks / Like
    That what I did used chemicalguys EVOLVE 4R Rotary Backing Plate -WITH HYPER FLEX TECHNOLOGY 5 inch and flexWORKS NEW Rotary Backing Plate -WITH HYPER FLEX TECHNOLOGY 6 inch (5/8 x 11). They are very good pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mohebmhanna
    1-This is the drill master not the Chicago polisher which it has bad reviews. The link is below:

Sander/Polisher - 7 Speed Electric Sander & Polisher

2- I used this polisher for 3 months and it works fine but I never figure out what is setting#2 equivalent to what RPM. But I agree #2 is good enough for polishing cars.

Wow i member these. My buddy broke my old dewalt buffer so he bought me this pile. I went through two of them. speed setting broke on first one "RIGHT as I was about to compound after a good spread", It immediately turned to the highest speed while pulling trigger. Took that back and next one had a loose wire, or bad plug. Regardless i wasnt about to mess with it so i threw it in the trash.

I now have the dewalt 849xp dwp. It is really lightweight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Affordable/Mobile

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s exactly what happened to mine. There was a loud pop, and then it would only run at the highest setting. I opened it up, and one of the resistors or whatever they are called blew up.

And this Drill Master is only $40, so how do you figure it`s going to be better than the Chicago brand?

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for you sharing and wish you have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    Will the Edge adapter work with this polisher?

Thread Information