Post Thanks / Like
    hi,

just switched from DA (Porter Cable) to Rotary (Flex PE14-2 150).

I already got some decent results on my roof and my bonnet but one thing is a bit curious.

I primed my DA with some Pad Condition spray from CG or with the product itself like described in Mike Philips Book.

After doing an area with fully broken down polish the polish pad is still moist.

With the rotary I tried both techniques to prima a pad... If I give it more spray or polish to prime than it will splatter so I think the pad should be primed enough before this point.

But the polish seams to be more dry (not realy dry but drier than with DA) during the first passes.

I can do about 2 spreading passes at 700rpm, 4 passes at 1200, 4 passes on 1600 than I step back to 1200rpm this is normaly the point where the polish breaks down... I drove it further for 4 passes on 1200rpm and than back to 800rpm for burnish.

As I already wrote the results are ok BUT after this process the pad is 100% dry and a bit warm.

Is this right or whats my mistake?

I tried it with Megs 205 and Prima Finish both are nearly the same...

pads are CG Hexalogic

Post Thanks / Like
    The pad doesn`t need to be moist, just make sure to have enough product on it. With experience, you will get better at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    As Thomas said, the pad does not need to be primed/moist with a spray. Apply a line or so across the pad of the polish, square out your work area (2x2) without the buffer running to spread the polish and then start the buffer... Some polishes require a little more than others and some have little working time. You most likely will get to do a 2x2 area by going up and down, left to right and up and down, then re apply polish and do it again. Again, all polishes are different and all paints react differently to them so it`s all a matter of practicing and eventually you will get a feel for it.

Good luck!

Thread Information