Post Thanks / Like

Mytee HP60 or Lite II. (Mobile Business -- Placed in rear of Crew Cab truck.

Hello all,

First post here, was told this is the premier detailing forum to be on!

I am interested in buying a Mytee carpet extractor and have been looking at the Lite II and HP60. I have been pretty much set on the HP60 but am now having second thoughts about it being stored in the rear seating area of my truck. (2006 GMC 2500hd Crew Cab).

Dimensions wise it will fit, but I`m thinking about the 90lbs that the sites are saying it weighs.

The Lite II I`ve seen sites saying it weighs 65lbs.

I`m not exactly a small guy, but I`m thinking 90lbs day in and day out is going to become tiresome.

I don`t plan on ever getting a trailer as I can fit everything in my truck, but I have been considering the cargo racks that hook to the hitch of the truck for the unit.

So, Can anyone give me some real world feedback on how difficult it is to load/unload these things. A 90lb dumbbell isn`t that hard to move, but a 90lb awkward old style television is a PITA, ya know?

Thanks,
    Brandon

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee HP60 or Lite II. (Mobile Business -- Placed in rear of Crew Cab truck.

Brandon,

Welcome to a really nice place here !

I have the Mytee HP60 Spyder and I didnt know it weighed 90 lbs !
    I put it in the back of my `09 Grand Cherokee sometimes, and even though it is big, it is not that difficult to take out and put back in.
    Of course, if you do that more than twice a day when you are out on a job or jobs, it could be tedious and eventually make one crazy.
    It does have bigger tanks than the Mytee Lite and more pressure and lift I believe.

So in the end, the Mytee Lite II will just take longer to use perhaps, wont have as big tanks for water and recovery, but will be lighter and make a smaller footprint than the HP-60.

I try to do as much work as possible in my garage so I dont have to be mobile; is this an option for you ever ? Perhaps this might influence your choice too?

Good luck with this !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee HP60 or Lite II. (Mobile Business -- Placed in rear of Crew Cab truck.

Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Brandon,

Welcome to a really nice place here !

I have the Mytee HP60 Spyder and I didnt know it weighed 90 lbs !
    I put it in the back of my `09 Grand Cherokee sometimes, and even though it is big, it is not that difficult to take out and put back in.
    Of course, if you do that more than twice a day when you are out on a job or jobs, it could be tedious and eventually make one crazy.
    It does have bigger tanks than the Mytee Lite and more pressure and lift I believe.

So in the end, the Mytee Lite II will just take longer to use perhaps, wont have as big tanks for water and recovery, but will be lighter and make a smaller footprint than the HP-60.

I try to do as much work as possible in my garage so I dont have to be mobile; is this an option for you ever ? Perhaps this might influence your choice too?

Good luck with this !
    Dan F

I currently live in an Apartment, but we are in the process of buying a house. Unfortunately it has a huge (like 2.5 car) carport, which is only semi-enclosed. I wouldn`t exactly call it a garage yet, but we have been talking about it getting enclosed rather quickly for my business.

I wish I could find a place that sells one locally so I could just go and see how difficult it would be to maneuver. I`m thinking that I will be upset in the long run if I go with the Mytee Lite II and have to deal with wet carpets due to the lower lift.

Thank you for the response!

Thread Information