Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep your leather looking great with Leather Master Products

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5R5N9cAy4&feature=plcp]Keep Your Leather Looking Great With Leather Masters! - YouTube[/ame]

Leather Master’s brand leather care products are designed to safely clean your leather, keep it healthy, and most importantly, keep in well protected. All Leather Master products are water based and are safe for protected leather, which is commonly is the most commonly found leather in modern automobiles (either pigmented or semi-aniline). They are manufactured in Italy and have been formulated by the famous research, Dr. Leo Tork.

First Step: Start by cleaning your leather: Leather Master makes it easy with a range of leather cleaners that, while varying in strength, will not dry out or damage leather.

Leather Master Rapid Cleaner S is their strongest clean and makes quick work of heavy soiling.
    Leather Master Strong Cleaner is great for general duty cleaning.
    Leather Master Leather Cleaner is found in some kits. It is more mild than Strong Cleaner but extremely effective.

Apply to a foam applicator sponge or microfiber applicator (for more cleaning power). Work across with the surface with out scrubbing, then gently wipe dry. Allow the leather to dry completely before moving to the next step.

Optional Step: Leather Master Leather Vital is for revitalizing older leathers and also to improve the feeling of stiff leathers. This is not a necessary step but will soften leather and restore a supple feel, as well as prevent leather squeaking.

Apply Leather Vital with a soft cloth or foam applicator. Spread a thin and even coat over the leather and allow to dry completely. Wait 1-2 hours before protecting with Leather Protection Cream.

Final Step: After cleaning (and optionally revitalizing) your leather, the final step is protect the leather with Leather Protection Cream. This water based protectant decreases aging and seals the leather against staining. It is safe for both aniline and protected leathers. Leather Master Protection Cream prevents leather aging by protecting body oil and soil from being absorbed into the hide.

Apply with a foam applicator or sponge in over lapping circles. Make sure to apply to all surfaces of the leather including the folds and creases and allow to dry completely.

To learn more about Leather Master Brand Products, check out the the Leather Master Page at Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Leather Master for a little over a year and it`s my favorite product for leather. I need to try the Rapid Cleaner. It looks like a good product.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keep your leather looking great with Leather Master Products

Great write up, Todd ! Thanks !
    I have never liked or used the slimy Leatherique products because, well, I dont like oily, slimy, things in cars ever. And then leaving it on the leather overnight.. But that`s just me !

The Leather Master Product line has been great for me and its interesting how their conditioner smells almost exactly like SpinneyBeck Leather Conditioner, that I have been using for over 10 years, and it also looks just like it. Hmmmmmm......

In any event, Leather Master has more products that to me, are easy to use, work great, and get great results.
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

The seats and armrests in my RX350 are an ivory color and the Leather Master Soft Cleaner works great on the armrests, which tend to get dirtier than anything else.

I shake up the bottle, dip a soft toothbrush in to pick up some suds and go to town. The soft toothbrush does a great job of getting into any tighter spaces and leaves the leather looking like new.

Love this stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Great write up, Todd ! Thanks !
    I have never liked or used the slimy Leatherique products because, well, I dont like oily, slimy, things in cars ever. And then leaving it on the leather overnight.. But that`s just me !

The Leather Master Product line has been great for me and its interesting how their conditioner smells almost exactly like SpinneyBeck Leather Conditioner, that I have been using for over 10 years, and it also looks just like it. Hmmmmmm......

In any event, Leather Master has more products that to me, are easy to use, work great, and get great results.
    Dan F
    I`m not quite sure of SpinneyBeck leather products but I do know that Leather Master manufacturers a lot of private label leather products for leather makers and even some car manufacturers.

Post Thanks / Like

Some say to just use a damp cloth to rehydrate the leather since the leather now a days is coated and the "treatments" don`t touch the leather itself, but rather the coating, and the oils in some treatments actually harm the leather rather than help. I`ve heard/read arguments both ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I`m not quite sure of SpinneyBeck leather products but I do know that Leather Master manufacturers a lot of private label leather products for leather makers and even some car manufacturers.
    Don`t quote me on this but since your photos were an Audi it caused me to remember reading "on the internet" that the Audi-branded leather care kit is Leathermasters products.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd,

How does this stack up to Leatherique? Thanks
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I`ve been using Leather Master for a little over a year and it`s my favorite product for leather. I need to try the Rapid Cleaner. It looks like a good product.
    Rapid Cleaner S is a faster acting version of Strong Cleaner. Yet both products are completely safe for repeated use on leather, so it is just a matter of the amount of cleaning strength needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmichael258 View Post
    The seats and armrests in my RX350 are an ivory color and the Leather Master Soft Cleaner works great on the armrests, which tend to get dirtier than anything else.

I shake up the bottle, dip a soft toothbrush in to pick up some suds and go to town. The soft toothbrush does a great job of getting into any tighter spaces and leaves the leather looking like new.

Love this stuff
    Leather Master is amazing at how well it cleans while being completely safe for leather. I love this stuff as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Some say to just use a damp cloth to rehydrate the leather since the leather now a days is coated and the "treatments" don`t touch the leather itself, but rather the coating, and the oils in some treatments actually harm the leather rather than help. I`ve heard/read arguments both ways.
    The debate which I try not to give my opinion (only experience on).

I have spoken to both sets of leather experts and both present strong arguments. I have cleaned leather with an APC and rinsed it with a damp cloth to make sure all residues where completely clean. The leather was spotless to the touch and further treatments of APC did not remove any more soiling.

After getting the leather completely clean I used the Leatherique treatment and was AMAZED at the amount of dirt, oil, and grime that was released from the clean leather.

It is my understanding that as leather ages the coating on top becomes more porous, through microscopic cracks in the surface as well as stretching around the stitching and seams. So, at least in this regard, some of the leather is able to absorb conditioners, although how much is anybodies guess.

Also keep in mind that many products that claim to be leather `conditioners` are really leather protectants with some added conditioning agents (likely to condition any exposed hides).

If the leather was completely sealed off (as some would suggest) then even a damp cloth isn`t going to permeate the coating so you couldn`t re-hydrate it anyways.

Ultimately, I am left to fall back on experience. I have seen Leatherique soften and clean otherwise spotless leather. In this case, despite both sides of the argument, I know it works.

However, for leather that is new or like new, Leather Master brand products do such an excellent job protecting the leather that you may never need to use a restoration process to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response Todd. For a 2013 brand new car, which would you recommend to keep the leather as it looks now for as long as possible?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Thanks for the response Todd. For a 2013 brand new car, which would you recommend to keep the leather as it looks now for as long as possible?
    My personal recommendation would be Leather Master.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    My personal recommendation would be Leather Master.
    Good enough, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Leather Masters is my go to cleaner for well cared for leather and has been for a while now. The Rapid Cleaner is great for the heavier soiled areas and works fast. It truly gives Leather that OEM look and feel, no darkening and no oily feel. I go over my seats about once a month with strong cleaner and Protection Cream....maybe a little over kill but I wear a lot of blue jeans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information