Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Leather Conditioner

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    The three "L".

Leatherique, Leather Master, Lexol. In that order.
    I have sniffed some Lexol since I like light leather scents. It smelled strange. How does it smell after applied?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I posted earlier. For a conditioner I prefer Leather Honey.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the 4Star conditioner or cleaner(professional Series)? I believe Garry Dean used these in some of his videos. I would like to know some more opinions on this set.

For some reason I can`t find them on the four star site anymore either, they were under the professional line.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Leatherique is a fine two part system as is Lexol. The Lexol cleaner is quite a bit stronger, IMO. I have been testing a new product I also found via a local tack store, Leather CPR. It is a creamy (comes in a tube) one-step that amazingly does an excellent job of cleaning and conditioning. I first tested it on a really dirty pair of boots. I brushed the bulk of the dirty off with a horsehaired boot brush and them following the directions applied a small dot to a sponge (also purchased at the tack store - designed for cleaning leather tack) and worked into the boots. After working the product in, I changed sponges and repeated the process. The amount of dirt and grime on the sponge was impressive. I followed with a wipe with a cotton cloth and finally a brushing. Two thumbs up.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Leatherique for several years and am very happy with it. I have also used their service to match dye colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    Has anyone tried the 4Star conditioner or cleaner(professional Series)? I believe Garry Dean used these in some of his videos. I would like to know some more opinions on this set.

For some reason I can`t find them on the four star site anymore either, they were under the professional line.
    Found it via the below link ...

Four Star Ultimate Leather Conditioner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
    I have been using Leatherique for several years and am very happy with it. I have also used their service to match dye colors.
    My first experience with Leatherique was on my wife`s XC90. Came across it via another forum. My only prior experience with leather cleaner/conditioner was Lexol. The Leatherique worked wonders on the XC. It really looked like the Pristine Clean removed alot of soil/contaminants and the Rejuvenator Oil left the cream colored leather looking and feeling great. Only downside is it took approx. 5 hours from start to finish.

However, I didn`t experience the same results on my 3 series BMW.

The bimmer has black leather and it is much more grainy. It looked somewhat cloudy when I was done; especially the the door panels and the piece that runs horizontally where the lock button sits.

Still would like to know how to tell what`s leather and what`s vinyl in a car

Post Thanks / Like

I have very good success with Adam`s Polishes Leather Cleaner and following that up with the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner. The cleaner is strong so I first spray the product on a damp white terry cloth rag and then gently rub over the seats. Removes blue jean dye transfer with very light agitation. Expensive but yields a wow result - imo.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    I have very good success with Adam`s Polishes Leather Cleaner and following that up with the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner. The cleaner is strong so I first spray the product on a damp white terry cloth rag and then gently rub over the seats. Removes blue jean dye transfer with very light agitation. Expensive but yields a wow result - imo.
    Any particular reason you don`t use Adam`s leather conditioner as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Not really. I somehow got a sample of the Adams leather cleaner recently but have been using the Pinnacle conditioner for several years. So I haven`t been "looking" for another conditioner but have been on a quest for a quality leather cleaner. Must have 5-6 different leather cleaners in the cabinet, all worthless. Have u had any experience with the Adam`s Conditioner and if so, what`s your opinion?

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    Not really. I somehow got a sample of the Adams leather cleaner recently but have been using the Pinnacle conditioner for several years. So I haven`t been "looking" for another conditioner but have been on a quest for a quality leather cleaner. Must have 5-6 different leather cleaners in the cabinet, all worthless. Have u had any experience with the Adam`s Conditioner and if so, what`s your opinion?
    I haven`t used a lot of leather conditioners, but Adam`s is my favorite. Adams leather cleaner is easily the best I`ve used. However, I don`t like to use it on interior panels, if I`m not following up with a protectant/conditioner.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried Poorboys Leather Stuff? It works well for conditioning. I`ve tried a few including Lexol, but to be honest I`ve been really happy with it. Works great with the red foam applicator, too.

Post Thanks / Like

for dirty leather I`ll clean with lexol / steam / horsehair brush

to condition I prefer lexol, or chemical guys leather conditioner (claims to condition and add UV protection in 1 step)

my preference is for the lexol though
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

lots of choices for quality leather care out there. I have been very pleased with the 1Z Leather Conditioner. Our cars are only a few years old so the leather is in good shape and this seems to be a great maintenance product.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first post and this probably won`t go over well, but I`ve been using a Dove bar to condition the leather in my vehicles since 2007! But then again we`re talking about the crappy leather in a Ford Escape! I think it works well and lasts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information