Post Thanks / Like

Best carpet cleaner ever

Hey guys! I`m new to this site but, I am not new to detailing. I am in college and own a dealership in Washington and detail on the side for myself, others and a couple of friends dealerships. I noticed that there is a lot of focus on the exterior and paint but not a lot on the interior. I read a couple of the threads on what products everyone here was using to clean carpets and was surprised to see what they were using.

So here is what I use to clean carpets. This is the best and fastest way I have found to clean them. I have used Meguiars APC plus, oxy clean (stuff you can buy at walmart), another version of oxy clean that the auction detailers use (manheim and adesa) and simple green. Basically I have used a lot of different cleaners. The one that I found to work the best is this, Matrix Grand Slam (I use the scentless one)
    Matrix Grand Slam SC TLC

So here is how I use it.
    First, you follow the directions to dilute the product in a spray bottle or dump a little bit in an extractor if you have one (the stuff will last you forever as it is designed for cleaning commercial buildings).

Then spray it on your carpet and rub it in with a brush or your hands.

Let it sit for a while.... and then vacuum it up.

For mats (with pressure washer)

I usually mist it on and let it sit for a minute and then pressure wash it. They come out perfect every time

If you have an extractor.
    Just put it in the solution tank and have at it.

Anyways, I just thought I would share this product with you guys as it has saved me time and money detailing cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what a sales pitch . Glad it works for you though. I like Folex or Krud Kutter, no foamy mess. A friend of mine swears by Tuff Stuff but I haven`t used it yet.

Does your product need rinsed? Does it leave a scent or change the texture of the carpet fibers? The pH rating is a little high, Folex is neutral. Maybe it lowers when diluted?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best carpet cleaner ever

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Wow, what a sales pitch . Glad it works for you though. I like Folex or Krud Kutter, no foamy mess. A friend of mine swears by Tuff Stuff but I haven`t used it yet.

Does your product need rinsed? Does it leave a scent or change the texture of the carpet fibers?
    It does not need to be rinsed.

There is a scented version and one that has no scent to it. I have the one that does not have any scent to it and it doesn`t make the carpet smell weird. It kinda smells a little minty but, it`s not very strong at all.

No, it does not change the texture of of the carpet fibers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, sounds interesting. Have any pics of it in action? Before I drop twice as much as what I`m paying now I would love to see some examples.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have any pictures right now. I can get some of the next car I detail.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Folex, it`s never let me down. I would like to see some pics of some of this stuff in action though

Post Thanks / Like

Tuff Stuff is good but it has its limits, as with any dry foam. Its better for interior panels, headliners, cloth seats, etc. Funny you mention Adesa...I repair trucks that those hacks butcher up for a living

Post Thanks / Like

I have always stayed away from "foaming" carpet cleaners. I believe that they leave a residue(stickiness) that in the end causes the carpet to get dirtier than it was before. I did carpet cleaning when I was going through college and used a very simple citrus cleaner that did a wonderful job (along with some agitation). I have tried to stay with the same philosophy for my car and have found that the Griot Interior Cleaner, though not citrus, cleans well and leaves no residue.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Call`s Auto View Post

So here is what I use to clean carpets. This is the best and fastest way I have found to clean them...The one that I found to work the best is this, Matrix Grand Slam (I use the scentless one)
    Matrix Grand Slam SC TLC

It does not need to be rinsed.

There is a scented version and one that has no scent to it. I have the one that does not have any scent to it and it doesn`t make the carpet smell weird. It kinda smells a little minty but, it`s not very strong at all.

No, it does not change the texture of of the carpet fibers.
    Welcome to AF Call`s Auto.

I also am a fan of Matrix Grand Slam and believe it to be a superior option to an APC. BUT (a pretty big but) it is NOT a rinseless product. It should be rinsed and preferably (my preference - though it is mentioned on the label`s instructions) with a "fiber rinse" product. I will admit the label`s instructions are not exactly clear on this point (ie. it doesn`t specifically mention the use of water during extraction), but your sales rep or a commercial carpet cleaning tech can clarify this for you. I got my information from one of the carpet/upholstery cleaning tech sessions.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Welcome to AF Call`s Auto.

I also am a fan of Matrix Grand Slam and believe it to be a superior option to an APC. BUT (a pretty big but) it is NOT a rinseless product. It should be rinsed and preferably (my preference - though it is mentioned on the label`s instructions) with a "fiber rinse" product. I will admit the label`s instructions are not exactly clear on this point (ie. it doesn`t specifically mention the use of water during extraction), but your sales rep or a commercial carpet cleaning tech can clarify this for you. I got my information from one of the carpet/upholstery cleaning tech sessions.
    I was told by Jon Don of Seattle that I didn`t need to rinse after I used it. What would be a reason to rinse?

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told by Jon Don of Seattle that I didn`t need to rinse after I used it. What would be a reason to rinse?
    You rinse to remove "cleaners" (soaps/detergents) help to prevent re-soiling. Rinsing also makes a considerable improvement to the "feel" of the textile`s fibers.

You can check Jon-Don`s webite for further clarification. Here are some excerpts from the product page:

...It starts to dissolve the worst protein, food, grease, and oil on contact and keeps working until you rinse it away. The result: carpets with a like-new look that will really impress your customers...
    and
    ...you’ll be using less water to rinse the fibers, so the carpet will dry much faster ...
    Consider this, if Matrix did not intend for you to rinse this product why would they (along with Chemspec, Prochem and others) manufacture a fiber rinse product? Further check with some of the local carpet cleaners who garner good customer reviews) and check their practices. (Your Jon-Don store is a great place to meet and discuss practices with others in the industry - I`ve employed this practice for years now -- FREE access to a lot of good guys, most of whom, are more than willing to discuss products and practices).
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Thread Information