Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What products are you using for carpet/upolstery

I have the poorboys cleaner and I`d say it`s middle of the pack for your average dirt. Yeah it works and works well for maybe 75% of stains and dirt, but when you`re looking to have whatever it takes to get everything out that will come out (I know full well some stains will not come out), I want to have other options.

Folex is the forum favorite for a lot of stuff, but again, it`s lacking when you get the really nasty stuff. Think of the stereotypical soccer mom mini van. That`s what I`m hoping to be best prepared for

Post Thanks / Like

If there`s some product for the really nasty stuff ("regular really nasty", not red stains/tannins/etc.) that`s better than stuff like ChemSpec`s PreSpotter I`d love to hear about it. I`m finally running low on the ChemSpec and want to get the *RIGHT STUFF* since I only stock up every few decades.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn`t seem like I`m getting too many suggestions besides the TLC which I guess I`ll pickup at some point based on need. Curious as to how well this cleaner from Diamer will work. Bought 2 gallons and it mixes at 4oz per gallon so I`m stocked for... awhile... ok a really long while lol.

ill have to find a nasty car to do and put it thru the paces

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Curious as to how well this cleaner from Diamer will work. Bought 2 gallons and it mixes at 4oz per gallon so I`m stocked for... awhile... ok a really long while lol.
    Heh heh, I know exactly how you feel, sure hope you like it! If you get a chance, post back about how it works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you didn`t want to discuss tools, but which method you use may play a role into which cleaner you`re after. From my experience, I much prefer to use an extractor over a steamer. That said, I`ve yet to find a product that cleans significantly better than Zep`s low foaming carpet cleaner. It`s attractive because it`s cheap and performs as well as cleaners near quadruple its price. Also, I use it as a pre-treater where there`s no real stains, then scoop it back up with just water in the extractor.
    Now, for real stains that need solid pre-treatment, I feel the one`s that foam when sprayed, or agitated seem better than non-foaming. I`ve yet to find any foaming products that stand out from the rest.
    I feel that mixing some APC with some Zep`s will be my, "Stain removal" formula.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information