Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question for Poorboy... Natural Look and Leather Stuff

I did an interior detail of my daily driver over the weekend, to take care of all of the dirt and grime that had accumulated over the winter. As cleaning interiors is my least favorite detailing task, I value the convenience that an all-in-one interior clean & protect product can provide. My favorite interior AIO is Poorboy`s World Natural Look. This product can be used on all interior surfaces, cleans well, provides UV protection, and has a pleasant fresh & clean scent.

I like it so much that I decided to pick up a bottle of Poorboy`s Leather Stuff too. I wanted the same cleaning and protection convenience of Natural Look with a fresh leather scent for my leather seats. This product is also a winner from Poorboy`s!

Which leads me to my question... The color, consistency, and capabilities of these two products seem virtually the same. The only real difference appears to be the scent. I love both and will continue to use both, but is there much of a true difference in the formulation of these two products aside from their fragrance?

TIA Steve for entertaining my question... Al
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question for Poorboy... Natural Look and Leather Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    I did an interior detail of my daily driver over the weekend, to take care of all of the dirt and grime that had accumulated over the winter. As cleaning interiors is my least favorite detailing task, I value the convenience that an all-in-one interior clean & protect product can provide. My favorite interior AIO is Poorboy`s World Natural Look. This product can be used on all interior surfaces, cleans well, provides UV protection, and has a pleasant fresh & clean scent.

I like it so much that I decided to pick up a bottle of Poorboy`s Leather Stuff too. I wanted the same cleaning and protection convenience of Natural Look with a fresh leather scent for my leather seats. This product is also a winner from Poorboy`s!

Which leads me to my question... The color, consistency, and capabilities of these two products seem virtually the same. The only real difference appears to be the scent. I love both and will continue to use both, but is there much of a true difference in the formulation of these two products aside from their fragrance?

TIA Steve for entertaining my question... Al
    Hi Al ... thanks for the inquiry Basically the answer is yes

.... here`s where they match up ... the color .. my bad ..I went through a Blue phase many of our products were blue or shades of blue ..thought about changing it but I do like blue

.... they both can be used on vinyl , rubber and leather ..

...they are both non-staining, not sticky or greasy and also both dry to the touch

...they are both water based

Differences :

.... Natural Look cleans a whole lot more than Leather Stuff ( APC diluted 15:1 as a pre-cleaner suggested for real dirty leather, light cleaning no problem)

....Natural Look has a higher sheen where Leather Stuff is much more matte (this is why i use Leather Stuff on all my dashboards)

...Leather Stuff contains Lanolin and Vitamin E ... this really does little for newer vehicle, other than moisturizes the stitching in the seat, which is very important.
    Most seats today are coated and need mild cleaners to maintain, but for the few seats that are natural leather, like a King Ranch truck and Ferrari`s, Classic and Antiques, this helps feed the leather without using greasy and staining oils.

.... they have slightly different amounts of UVA / B absorbers (believe it or not the main chemical the same chemical name as go into Sun Lotions) ...again this is mostly for the leathers without coatings ..

.. and of course they have different scents ...

I may be leaving something out but if i think of anything else, i`ll let you know.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes mjlinane, Van185, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that`s great Steve! Thanks!!
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

great info. huge fan of natural look here...I applied it a few times last year to my truck and its going on over 6 months now and still has a nice sheen to it. I just wipe it off with a dry dusting microfiber mitt and its good to go

as a side note I will have to confess that I recently steamed the natural look off of my challenger`s dash and applied Blackfire`s v1 dash protectant because I wanted more shine...well a couple days later I regretted it as it doesn`t look as good IMO as natural look on my challenger`s dash. I plan to steam it off and go with natural look again next chance I get.

never tried leather stuff but one day I am sure I will

I also use natural look on my shoes all the time

Brandt K.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post

I also use natural look on my shoes all the time
    I use it on my belts and black sneakers (when the wife wants me to dress up )
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I use it on my belts and black sneakers (when the wife wants me to dress up )
    natural look works better than the brand the shoe company sells inside their own store

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently got a bottle of leather stuff for the seats in my wrx. Haven`t had a chance to use it yet. Although I have used natural look and if it works anything like that I`m sure I`ll be pleased. Glad to hear it`s more of a matte look, that`s what I prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

Natural Look also contains a biocide and is anti-bacterial. Car interiors can be scary places sometimes.
    Dwayne McPeeks
    Operations Manager at Poorboy`s World

Poorboy`s World Polishing & Detailing Products at Autopia Car Care
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Thread Information