Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion on Products

Hey, guys.

I see a lot of new faces on the forum. A handful may remember me, most will not. I left the detailing business several years ago and even though I`m not interested in getting back into business, I am needing some suggestions for my new vehicle. I just picked up a 2016 F150 Platinum. I`m looking for interior cleaning/upkeep product suggestions. What`s the latest and greatest for vinyl/plastic like the doors, trim, etc.? The same for leather, glass and carpet. Thanks for helping out someone who`s a little out of touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestion on Products

Hi,

You can always try something like Car Pro PERL which is can be diluted at various rations and used on leather, vinyl, and plastics. For glass are you looking for a coating or just a cleaning product???
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I`d suggest Leather Masters Strong Cleaner and Protection Cream for the leather seats and something like 1Z Premium Cockpit Cleaner for the rest of the interior surfaces. CarPro Fabric would be good for the carpet.
    Likes The Driver, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, look who`s back! Glad to see you posting.

I`m still doing my interiors with just 1Z Cockpit Premium and Meguiar`s Quick Interior Detailer, but the Wolfgang Interior Sealant looks interesting.

For the carpets, I`d just get some Weathertech Floor Liners to keep them from getting dirty in the first place.

You won`t go wrong with Leather Masters, but I do prefer the stuff from Leather Doctor, even though Roger is a bit of a hassle to do business with (well worth it for me, FWIW).
    Likes XxBoostinxX, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Im a huge fan of PBL leather and vinyl coating. Stuff is amazing.
    Likes RMD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

1z for the vinyl, Gyeon leather for the seats, and Gyeon fabric for the carpet.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, guys. I still see the staples that were great a few years back...but I just wanted to see what the professionals are using.

Accumulator - It`s good to see you`re still around, my friend. I always loved 1Z Cockpit Premium. Nice look with a pleasant odor. It`s funny you mentioned the Weathertech Liners. I just ordered them today. I decided to keep the carpet looking great from the beginning and not have to worry about extracting, etc. I`ll look at Leather Doctor. I`ve used Leather Masters in the past and it was the best I had used. I appreciate the input, sir. Hope all is well.

Post Thanks / Like

eisenhulk- All is well with me an Accumulatorette

The Leather Doctor stuff was a pleasant surprise. I`d been perfectly satisfied with Leather Masters and Sonus, and expected the Leather Doctor products to be a waste of money..by the time I went through the hassle of ordering them I was negatively predisposed. Used them on the S8, which was already basically perfect (as in virtually showroom-new just like your new truck), and *WOW* was I impressed! Sure didn`t expect to see any kind of visible result on that leather, but I did. Promptly tried them on the much-more-used A8 and again, *wow*. And I didn`t even do the Fat Liquor process that Roger makes such a big deal out of, just cleaned/rinsed/protected (unscented version of the latter). Now I`m a complete Leather Doctor Fanboy

Eh, easy for me to spend your money though, and there`s nothing wrong with Leather Masters if you already have it, and you can get by with only 1Z CP for a long time on a new vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear, Accumulator.

I`ll definitely give it a go. No harm in trying something you so highly recommend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eisenhulk View Post
    I`ll definitely give it a go. No harm in trying something you so highly recommend.
    Well, see if the whole odering process (and the cost, though I forget whether it was pricey stuff or not) seems worth it. I`d try to just get cleaner/rinse agent/protection in both versions- "draggy" feel and "buttery" feel, or somesuch descriptions. No need to buy the Fat Liquor stuff for a new vehicle at all IMO but it comes in his kits and Roger might be a bit...difficult...with regard to "hey, I only need/want these specific products"-type ordering. Gee, don`t I make him sound swell?!? Just calling it as I see it, I do like him and really love his product line but I can imagine some folks not sharing my opinion (of him, can`t imagine anybody not liking the products).

Thread Information