Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I Prefer interior detailing

I have a hard time getting the salt stains out of the carpet and cleaning around the seat mounting points (rusting up already and staining the carpet).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    I have a hard time getting the salt stains out of the carpet and cleaning around the seat mounting points (rusting up already and staining the carpet).
    I think weather tech mats are a must for a daily driver in the SALT ZONE. I had Lund Catch-all`s in last 2 trucks the work nearly as well and look a lot better but don`t cover a lot vehicles only very popular ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    I think weather tech mats are a must for a daily driver in the SALT ZONE. I had Lund Catch-all`s in last 2 trucks the work nearly as well and look a lot better but don`t cover a lot vehicles only very popular ones.
    Weather tech are definitely sweet mats. They can save a lot headache trying to clean carpet. I just completed a detail on a construction truck that had weather tech mats that practically covered the whole floor. I thought it was going to be an easy detail but when i pulled them out it was a mess underneath. If only they would have had them in when the truck was new, would have saved a lot of time. Yeah well at least they have them in now.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    I spent 20 hours this weekend on the exterior of the wife`s car, on Saturday Wash Hyperwash and APC-ironx-clay towel Opti towel and Arnold speedy prep towel-dry/ then Sunday Polish D151 Paint reconditioning cream-Eraser-Wax Blackfire wet diamond-spray sealer Prima Hydromax-dress tires and wheel wells-dress exterior plastics-then pass out. All this to look like crap on Wednesday as it will rain again. Thats why I prefer interior at least it lasts a few weeks or months depending on how filthy you live.
    How did this take you 20 hours? Thats 5 hours at most!

maybe thats why you dislike exterior jobs.

151 is a polish and wax in one. If you planned on doing eraser and then a sealant, you should have gone with a dedicated polish instead for better results. Then followed up with eraser and BFWD. A polish like Sonax perfect finish, Menzerna 2500, menzerna 106 all would have given you better results than 151
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
    How did this take you 20 hours? Thats 5 hours at most!

maybe that`s why you dislike exterior jobs.
    You are correct for a pro or someone with real skill and a better set up exterior work can be a lot quicker and less stress full but for me as a weekend warrior it is painful. I may only do a whole car machine polishing 4 times a year I mess around with our work trucks panel by panel when I can hood here side there. so I dont have a set routine every time is a kind of an experiment in how to set up and where to put everything and it may take me a decade to try and learn a real routine that works with precision and speed. Also my technique is below avg and inconsistent as a noob, and even that level takes a while to get to each time as its been so long since last time usually that I need relearn the hand eye/motor skills. But I strive to be better each time and to learn every day I can here so I can make my car and my family`s cars look as good as possible.
    Likes Oldfordisbetter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    Rust stains from the seat mounting points would worry me enough to do something about it.

Some good "liner"-style floormats oughta keep the salt off the carpet, otherwise a bit of vinegar and hot-water extraction oughta get the salt out of the carpet (Accumulatorette uses the OE carpeted floormats even during the winter and they`re not all that tough to keep OK as long as I stay on top of it).

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve never been a big fran of doing interiors...but that`s me.

I still have nightmares...

For windows...have you tried the Wolfstein’s Zap Cloth?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information