Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

carpet cleaning product

Need a recommendation for interior cleanings.

One for use with an extractor, and one for use without an extractor.

While I liked the 3D upholstery cleaner in the aerosol can, its way too expensive for how much use you get out of it. I got 5 mats from it, thats it.

APC alone doesnt work here, Im looking for something better and more for carpets and cloth seats. Something sold in the gallon preferred as I am about to get into more interior cleanings I have a feeling

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: carpet cleaning product

Untill you find something you really like, it`s hard to beat laundry detergent. Just rinse well.
    Likes buffbrother liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

A great all around cleaner of carpeting and cloth seats has always been Meguiars APC+..
    Comes in Gallon jugs, you dilute it to the strength you want and it works..
    I use it with my VX5000 Steamer and Mytee HP60 Spyder Extractor all the time and have no problems..
    I even use it at 10:1 to spot clean and go over entire headliners and visors..
    It is very low foaming ( a plus), cleans really good, and leaves a nice clean scent..
    Now, how you use it will determine what results you get..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I would rec. Folex. I use it as a spot cleaner for carpets, seats and headliners. It doesn`t foam so it doesn`t require rinsing. Its always my first go to product on tough stains. You can buy it at Home Depot for about $15 per gallon. I use it diluted at 4:1 or straight if I really have a stubborn stain. You can`t go wrong with Folex.
    Likes buffbrother, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Folex is awesome on carpets. I also like Ultima Interior Shampoo These two will clean just about anything in the interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    A great all around cleaner of carpeting and cloth seats has always been Meguiars APC+..
    I use it with my VX5000 Steamer and Mytee HP60 Spyder Extractor all the time and have no problems..
    It is very low foaming ( a plus), cleans really good, and leaves a nice clean scent..
    Dan F
    I thought you couldn`t get megs APC+ anymore.

I`m also looking for suggestions for what to use to clean upholstery and carpets so I`ll be following this.

Post Thanks / Like

Right, I don`t think APC+ is available any more. The regular APC does foam. I`d recommend Folex or CG Lightning Fast for low foaming upholstery and carpet cleaning. I don`t use cleaner directly in the extractor (I have one of the small Bissell units). I mist with water, spray with cleaner, agitate with upholstery brush, then rinse/extract with just hot water in the soap tank.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I tested Folex against Sam`s Club carpet cleaner and Sam`s is my goto. It`s inexpensive as well. For certain other jobs, where I need/want a foaming cleaner I use Woolite Heavy Traffic Foam, which many times is on sale 2 for one.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few gallons of Meguiars D103 APC+, so didnt ever need to go shopping for it - sorry if its been taken off the Market..

Googled it and saw it here perhaps its still there.. - Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103, APC plus, Meguiars APC+, all purpose cleaner concentrate, car cleaner, Meguiars D10301 All Purpose Cleaner Plus, Meguiars D10301 APC Plus

Too bad if its no longer being made because it really works great... I dont need anything else..

Good luck with your search... Even if they discontinued it whenever that was, there may still be product out there that has not been sold...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Dan F
    I believe that APC+ is discontinued item from Meguiars. This has been "replaced" by a Carpet Cleaning can (Of which the original poster is trying to avoid or find a cost-effective substitute for).

I know that Optimum Polymer Technologies has come out with a carpet cleaner, but you will not find it on their regular website. It is listed on the opti-coat.net website, according to the reply from their Customer Service Department to me from my email inquiry about this product.

I currently use DSC Products, Inc. Muskegon, MI 49442 (www.dscprod.com) products Steam-Plus liquid detergent and Sure-Pass Heavy-Duty traffic spotter. These came recommended from a local carpet wholesaler who also sells commercial carpet extractors. I do not have a true extractor, by I do use a Bissell Little Green Machine. What I like about DSC`s products is that they are extractor compatible, BUT also work very well by hand using a carpet brush and absorbent microfiber to draw out embedded dirt and stains. I use the David Fermani method of dry-brushing and vacuuming first (several times, if needed) before wetting the carpet if carpet-cleaning by hand.
    The local carpet wholesaler sells Persian and wool carpets, and if DSC`s products are good enough to use on those materials, it`s good enough for my daily vehicles.

If you are looking for an over-the-counter carpet cleaning product, consider Bissell`s Fiber Cleansing (now Deep Cleaning) Formula available at Wal-Mart or Target for about $20.00/USA. It`s OK, as far as a OTC product goes.

One thing I will tell you to avoid is Optimum`s Power Clean. While great for hard surfaces, on fabrics the industrial-chemical fragrance tends to linger and it is NOT pleasant to my nose. Just a heads up from personal experience.
    GB detailer
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use/recommend Pro carpet cleaning chemicals or APCs (you know...fancy detailer`s stuff ), but for an OTC option I was utterly amazed by how well Woolite`s stuff (the one with OxiClean in it) works. I had zero expectations that a consumer product like that would be any good, but !oh man! was I wrong. When I do (usually pet-related) spot-cleanings in the house, that`s what I reach for these days.

Post Thanks / Like

another folex user here

Post Thanks / Like

What are the pro carpet cleaning chemicals people are using for detailing? I have thought about going that route but was unsure what`s good or not in their world

Post Thanks / Like

A good approach is to buy an expensive bottle of carpet/upholstery cleaner/pre-treater, e.g. Wolfgang, DP, Folex, etc.and use it for spots, then use cheaper general carpet cleaner, e.g. Zeps Carpet Detergent, or a laundry soap for the larger areas to be cleaned. Make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    What are the pro carpet cleaning chemicals people are using for detailing? I have thought about going that route but was unsure what`s good or not in their world
    I have Hi-Temp products from Top of the Line, and also stuff from Chemspec. A bottle of concentrate from lines like those will last a long, long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information