Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.. how often does this happen?

I called my insurance company today asking about how my rates would change if I dropped the Integra and added an `05 Legacy GT. Get this... The insurance difference between a 99 Acura Integra GSR sedan and a `05 Subaru Legacy GT Limited is about $177 per year LESS for the Legacy. How often can you go from a 6 year old car with 170 HP to a brand new car with 250 HP and actually have your insurance go down? I was pretty shocked. I was calling to see how much my rates would go up. I didn`t expect to hear that they would go down. Have you ever seen that before? I could imagine if I was going from the Teg to a Civic or something, but I thought for sure that the Legacy would be in a higher class just because it is a higher performance car.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wow.. how often does this happen?

That`s cause GSR`s are highly stolen. I know, I have one and I plan to lose it to theft before totaling it.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wifehatescar
    That`s cause GSR`s are highly stolen. I know, I have one and I plan to lose it to theft before totaling it.

Yep, the insuranse loses more on thefts than accidents, that is if you are not a horrible driver. LOL

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    Have you ever seen that before? I could imagine if I was going from the Teg to a Civic or something, but I thought for sure that the Legacy would be in a higher class just because it is a higher performance car.
    Chances are your insurance carrier hasn`t rated it as a performance vehicle yet. My 1965 GTO was insured the same as a regular Pontiac Tempest for 2 years. The insurance companies re-rated the car and my insurance doubled.
    Just be patient, they will get you sooner or later. At least they can`t make it retroactive.

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Never gave any thought to the theft factor, but it makes sense.
    Guess I never had anything anyone wanted to steal.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

That`s why I`m getting the Legacy and not a WRX or STi. Those are designated as performance cars while the Legacy is just a family car that happens to out perform Porsche Boxters and BMWs. :naughty Hey, sometimes you are late for soccer practice and you need that boost to get you there on time.

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing here, I went from having a 98 Nissan Sentra to a 2002 Jetta 1.8T and my insureance went down nearly $200 per year. Cant understand that for the life of me, not that I am complaining.

Post Thanks / Like

Jngrbrdman,
    My rate per year on my 05 Legacy GT is actually less than on my wife`s 05 Toyota Corolla S. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that out (the wife was a little pissed though!!). Both clean driving records, both of us are the same age. I hope our insurance company doesn`t realize the performance of the car!!

P.S. You might want to wait to see what the 06 year brings. I have heard rumors of HID headlights, navigation system, etc. None of these are available on the 05 models. Check out www.legacygt.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Chances are your insurance carrier hasn`t rated it as a performance vehicle yet. My 1965 GTO was insured the same as a regular Pontiac Tempest for 2 years. The insurance companies re-rated the car and my insurance doubled.
    Just be patient, they will get you sooner or later. At least they can`t make it retroactive.

Charles

As far as the 65 GTO... check out hagertys.com for classic insurance. My 69 GTO Judge costs me rougly 400 per year for a $45,000 full replacement policy and they do not really limit the milage. They tell you that they want you to drive the car, just not as a daily driver.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 69 GTO Judge
    As far as the 65 GTO... check out hagertys.com for classic insurance. My 69 GTO Judge costs me rougly 400 per year for a $45,000 full replacement policy and they do not really limit the milage. They tell you that they want you to drive the car, just not as a daily driver.

Ok, that site name doesn`t work. I`d be interested in a quote for our 70 MGB. Can you pm me a number? Thanks.

Edit: www.hagerty.com works. It`s amazing what Google will turn up when you look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockford33
    Jngrbrdman,
    My rate per year on my 05 Legacy GT is actually less than on my wife`s 05 Toyota Corolla S. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that out (the wife was a little pissed though!!). Both clean driving records, both of us are the same age. I hope our insurance company doesn`t realize the performance of the car!!

P.S. You might want to wait to see what the 06 year brings. I have heard rumors of HID headlights, navigation system, etc. None of these are available on the 05 models. Check out www.legacygt.com.
    I can get an HID kit for this car for about 300 bucks. I`m sure the factory kti will cost way more than that. And I have no interest in navigation. I thought about waiting till the `06 models come out just because when people realize those are options then they might stop buying the `05s and Subaru will offer more rebates on them. We`ll see how fast I can sell my Integra and see what is available at that point. I talked to a dealer last night who offered me a really smoking deal that I don`t know if I can pass up. He even offered me private party value on my trade if I wanted to do that. He knows that he can move my car in a heart beat if he wanted to. The most stolen car in america is also the fastest selling car in america.

Post Thanks / Like

Just recently i bought the 2004 element and my insurance went down 600 a year from the 2002 civic.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony!!!

No more teg

Well, the Legacy GT seems to be pretty amazing. The lines are gorgeous, but WHAT COLOR!?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I am going to go with the Regal Blue.

It is a pretty dark color, but I think I can stay on top of the swirls. White was a ton of work to get noticed and I want a little instant gratificiation for a change. lol I`m not too thrilled about the engine being all covered in plastic. What fun is that going to be? My engine was always the part that drew the most attention because you could see so much of it. Its nothing to clean plastic and keep it dressed. I think what I`m going to do is have all of those parts painted to match the body. Or maybe just paint it that chameleon color that goes from blue to red. I think that would match well. I saw a VW at a show once that did something like that and I thought it was probably the coolest thing I had ever seen.

That is going to take lots of CD2... lol

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony: Sexy color :cool

I agree with the instant gratification thing. After detailing a few white cars, all I can think about is how much clay and tar remover you use. You see EVERYTHING, but once its all said and done you cant look at it in direct sun.

I don`t think the swirls will be a problem for you. I`m guessing its a metallic so that helps to keep the focus away from marring a bit more than solids.

How about heat changing paint on the engine parts

I`m guessing TI doesn`t know yet

How about this kit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information