Post Thanks / Like
    Hey peoples,

Just wanted to share my joy and happiness with my fellow Autopians. I got a call today from Epic Records (Sony) Finance Department offering me an internship for the summer, and I took that $hit right away! I went through that whole interview process on Monday, June 6th where they kept me around for a good 6 hours and spoke with 5 different people. I thought it went OK, but really not my best. Furthermore, I had also received a call from Smith Barney for an internship over there today, and really thought that I lost my chance with Sony becuase of how I felt about that interview.

Nevertheless, I got the call while at the tennis courts and jumped around like a mad man. When they told me how much they were going to compensate me, I went even more nuts and thought to mylsef...yess, more detaling products.

Well, half of you won`t give a crap about this but just wanted to let this out.

Have a great and wonderful summer!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...it is important never to forget where u all came from - becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place - de punani." -ali g

Post Thanks / Like
    :woot: Rock on man! Congrats!

Paid internship like that?! Forget about it! Very

Definately a resume eye catcher and a career builder. Keep it up.

Enjoy it :xyxthumbs
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job man, and good luck.

Enjoy the new job.

I just switched jobs (at 18) from a grill cook at a pizza place to a stock boy at a hardware store. A job you enjoy is great, I feel a lot better now in general, and contribute a lot of it to the new job, I`m getting payed better too so that rocks.

Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever see that Master Card commerical?

First album produced- $250,000

CEO of major record label - Mucho dinero.

Internship that got you in the door- priceless.

Congrads. :woot:
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments and advice guys.

I did have an internship with Merrill Lynch during my sophmore year, HOWEVER, I wasn`t compensated nor did I receive credit because you had to be a Jr. to (so bascially, I was working illegally). It was an OK experience for me but I don`t really like the investment banking experience. People in IB really aren`t that friendly and I felt that I needed to change the environment I was in. So I applied to this `business` side of the music/entertainment industry just to see how it`s going to be. Hopefully, I like it and by the time I graduate from college next May, I`ll be set with a decent paying job.

Thanks again!
    "...it is important never to forget where u all came from - becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place - de punani." -ali g

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool! Congrats!

Paid internships are great. I know we didn`t pay our interns at my last job... Then again, I didn`t much care for my last FEW jobs - management, mostly. That`s why I don`t work for the MAN any more.

If you love your job, things can only get better. Sounds like a great first step!

Thread Information