Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Idea- a thread like "swap meet" or "trading post", but for AF members that own detail businesses

I am about to go under the knife (tomorrow morning actually) and I will be laid up for at least three weeks in a cast/crutches followed by several weeks of physical therapy (and then full time attendance at University). I was not able to make my deadline of today to get everything done (decon and seal the honda and wash the gcv). I have been perusing the different forums here looking for people advertising their need for a detailer in my locality so I could recycle the responses for my own use, and realized that that would make a neat addition to AF.

I would feel much better about bringing my vehicles to someone who at least has access to everything that AF provides instead of taking a gamble on some random place nearby with Joe Schmo working for minimum wage.

If anyone is interested, I live in Deerfield Beach, Fl. It is essentially at the borders of Broward and Palm Beach counties. I am willing to travel ~20-30 miles in either direction, although obviously closer is more preferable. I will be very sad to have to watch my vehicles get neglected for the next month.
    Slate Metallic 2015 Toyota Corolla LE, 1.8L CVT

Bright White 2014 Dodge GCV, 30th Anniversary Edition, Blacktop Package. 3.6L 6A

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idea- a thread like "swap meet" or "trading post", but for AF members that own detail businesses

Wish you lived closer to me. You sound like the ideal customer

If you have a spare bedroom maybe I could just move down there for a few weeks and set-up shop at your place? I always wanted to be a Florida detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish- if I had the space I`d be all for it; My Honda really needs the attention. Kids are small but MAN they take up a lot of space. Lol

Bright White 2014 Dodge GCV, 30th Anniversary Edition, Blacktop Package. 3.6L 6A

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idea- a thread like "swap meet" or "trading post", but for AF members that own detail businesses

What`s the surgery for? Hope you have a good fast recovery. Wish I could help but I am a little further than 20-30 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting two ligaments in my left ankle repaired. I severely injured it when I was deployed, and it`s taken a year and a half of going back and forth with the VA to finally get something proactive done (the Army docs insisted for years that it has healed the way it`s going to heal and that`s the end of it).

Post Thanks / Like

I am up in Port Saint Lucie and could possibly help you out if your willing come up this way. I only work on the weekends though.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the surgery, wishes for speedy recovery.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope all goes well and thank you for your service.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Justin I will pm you if I can figure out an excuse to get up that way soon lol. Right now I`m on the couch full time. My 90 minute surgery wound up actually taking 4 hours, and as in its nature I wound up being at the VA hospital for 11 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck buddy! No rush. And thank you for all of your sacrifices and services!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your recovery and hooking up with a great detailer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxx89 View Post

Thanks guys. Justin I will pm you if I can figure out an excuse to get up that way soon lol. Right now I`m on the couch full time. My 90 minute surgery wound up actually taking 4 hours, and as in its nature I wound up being at the VA hospital for 11 hours.
    Dude, I could sleep in that Rocking Chair ( ) if it would get me away from here for a few weeks

P.S. Thank You for your service and sorry you are having to deal with the VA. Whoever is in charge of that outfit should be ashamed of themselves. If you performed the same whilst servicing our country as they did at servicing your foot we would all be speaking a different language

God Bless America !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Idea- a thread like "swap meet" or "trading post", but for AF members that ow...

`Murica!! I love it.

Is there a specific phrase to google to find reputable detailers? I`ve googled a few times and haven`t really found anything promising beyond "super high end" type detailers charging 1k like its nothing.

Btw, I really appreciate how supportive this community is. Restores my faith in humanity.

Found out today that they wound up doing a lot. Had to separate two fused ligaments and repair it (complete tear) and anchored it to the bone. Then scoped and had to thin out the tissue that surrounds the ankle and keeps it together. I gathered that there was a LOT of scar tissue.

Oh yeah, and it`s a 6 week recovery. Stay tuned for picks of me on a knee stroller LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing for a speedy recovery! Maybe once the gto is done in a couple weeks I can come by to see what you need done.... (Maybe a spirited drive too?) LoL!!

Post Thanks / Like

You poor man. Did they cast over your staples? Wouldn`t that mean the cast is coming off shortly?

Got one of those coming up myself on the same foot. Mine involves both a fusion and a cadaver bone graft on the opposite side of the fusion. Makes me a bit nervous as they say I`ll be on crutches for 8 weeks. 6 months for actual recovery. I don`t know how the crutch deal will work out with artificial shoulder.

Interested in seeing how this turns out for you. Good luck!
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information