Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Snow boss shovel/pusher

Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    I used mine yesterday. If you are gonna use it as a shovel..when the snow is wet and heavy...well ...
    That`s exactly what had me concerned Re how it was on the wrists.

Post Thanks / Like

Did another clearing this morning. About 40min. By the time i get home from work, it will not even look like i did it.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That`s exactly what had me concerned Re how it was on the wrists.
    If you know your limitations then you "should" be fine. With that said, I was more concerned about my shoulder. It`s very tempting to fill the shovel since it is large. With that said, you can adjust loads accordingly.
    The spacing options of grasping areas work well. Today, the snow by me is very light so the shovel is ideal.
    Depending on physical and cardiovascular health issues, you may want to think about a smaller shovel if you deal with heavy wet snow on a consistent basis. Plowing with it is great though.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Did another clearing this morning. About 40min. By the time i get home from work, it will not even look like i did it.
    I think your area will not get as much. The worst is yet to come.

With that said, Friday night at bedtime, 2230 hours, the weather folks said 2-4 inches ànd turning to rain. Woke up at 0330hrs. and 7 inches was on the deck...ooooppppssss.
    Saturday night, was told the Clipper system would pass us to the south and we would get 1-2 inches Monday morning. Woke up at 0500 hours Sunday morning, six and a half hours later...SNOWMAGGEDON!

Post Thanks / Like

fdresq4- Yeah, everybody has to know what they need to watch out for. For the deck, I can often push it through/off with the sqeegee, but when I have to shovel it the up-and-over part gets my wrists with some shovels. Heh heh, reminds me of the Barrel Toss they do in strongman competitions.

Fortunately, I`m in the kind of shape where I can see heavy shovel-loads as easy deadlifts and the cardio component is nothing compared to the Tabata-torture I put myself through first thing this morning. The areas I have to do by hand usually only take an hour or two if I work fast.

So far this year is a cakewalk in my area, at least compared to last year or 2010. That "... 7" on the deck" is the kind of thing I do *not* look forward to!

Post Thanks / Like

I probably don`t need to suggest this because you would know this but wrapping your wrists should help. As I said you probably know or do this already but felt I should mention it. You seem "on the ball."

So far, the snow is so light, in weight, my back pack blower is handling it with ease.

Tabata? I will have to look that up. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

fdresq4- Never hurts to suggest the seemingly obvious, better than @$$uming everybody knows everything

My backpack blowers just sit all winter, simply don`t work in my situation. I`m kinda envious of you folks who *can* use them on the light stuff!

Sometimes Accumulatorette does the deck for me, but when it`s heavy....well, you know.

The Tabata Protocol stuff really belongs in the workout/weightloss thread, but yeah...it`s become my cardio regimen of choice, works best for me (age 55, serious about such stuff). A bit of a challenge to do correctly in the absence of a full-blown lab setting, but doable for practical purposes.
    Likes fdresq4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Short learning curve on it. Out again just a few min ago. Took 20-25 min. to clear 4" of fresh snow from last night. Again as stated, use common sense. Know your limitations. And lift with your legs, etc...

Again, i will stand by it. It makes a job nobody likes so much eaiser.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

My "go to" snow shovel.

Post Thanks / Like

It was really put to the test yesterday. Had well over a foot of blown snow in some parts of the driveway. Used 80% of the time as a shovel. Take it easy. Take your time. Moved a insane amount of snow. Took well over an hour. Today back is fine, legs a little sore.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    It was really put to the test yesterday..Today back is fine, legs a little sore.
    Legs, not back, that`s the way it oughta be.

An hour with a shovel is a job-o`-work! I sometimes spend longer than that, but I`m using a thrower for the vast majority of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Due to the ice, I busted off the metal scraper strip on the shovel. I`m gonna try and contact them to get a new piece and revive it on. The old one is bent and not lining up right.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATED*******

Just spoke with AEMES Customer Service and they are shipping a new scraper and rivets, updated, for free. No hassles!
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like good customer service, they don`t know how hard you where on it but they`re standing behind it anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That sounds like good customer service, they don`t know how hard you where on it but they`re standing behind it anyhow.
    BTW...my bad...AMES.

I was using an Ames square shovel to break the ice up then the Boss to move the pieces. Indeed, very good customer service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information