Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Television

Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

Television

This evening the wife and I sat down to watch some tv. After an hour of flipping the channels, going through the hundreds of channels that we get with cable we found nothing. It seems as though there is a reality show on for almost every life topic. These show are nothing close to the reality in my house though. The only topic that i havent come across is a reality show about detailing. So here it is guys and gals, lets get TLC on the horn and get the party started.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Television

This is why I record movies to watch in the evening, and if you want broadcast the history and speed channel are pretty good
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

History, Speed, Discovery, and some TLC are what I watch the majority of the time. BUt you`ll find me with music on most of the time. Seem TV is a joke these days.

Here`s a novel idea.... Why don`t Cable and Sat. companies give you a list of channels, and you get to pick what ones you want, therefor, only paying for the channels you pick.
    Or better yet, cut the price in HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

There are too many reality shows but even worse it is not reality. It is invented conflict. Scripting shows are getting rare because of production costs (labor, etc). You do not see shows with production values like Adam-12 or Dragnet any more....cardboard sets, etc.

It is the ego`s of people wanting to be on TV and the people behind the scenes manipulating them in various ways.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree seems like a waste of money for what you get and now they are talking about getting rid of the attena chanels that people get free that dont` have cable. I guess one could always cancel your cable get a Netflix account and order HBO series. Redbox would only cost you $30/month and you could watch a different movie every day however, you might be repeating movies by the second week.
    Hudd`s Mobile Auto Detailing
    "At Your Door Auto Care"

Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

One could also watch hulu and get the local news from the internet. I work for the cable company so we only pay $6.00 per month. I will say that if i did not work for them I would have only basic cable. Cable, Dish, Direct all the same.. (RIP OFF)

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone catch Reality Rides on Velocity on Sunday morning?
    Pleasantly surprised by the lack of BS and `fake` deadlines. Definitely tuning in next week!

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmmmmmm
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    There are too many reality shows but even worse it is not reality. It is invented conflict. Scripting shows are getting rare because of production costs (labor, etc). You do not see shows with production values like Adam-12 or Dragnet any more....cardboard sets, etc.

It is the ego`s of people wanting to be on TV and the people behind the scenes manipulating them in various ways.
    Absolutely, "reality" shows are cheap and every tv exec knows it. Here, every time there is a casting call for one of these shows, there is a line around the block and then some.

I cut the "cord" (cable/satellite) a little while ago and now use a Roku box and subscribe to Hulu Plus.
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like

I really dislike reality shows.

Im hooked on DWTS though and alway get sucked into watching"Castle" afterwards .I have to keep up with their love affair lol and always seem to go to bed afraid someone will break in and murder me!

I always say to myself,"why did you watch that stupid scary show"!?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I also dislike Reality shows because they almost always have no content that is even remotely interesting to waste that little time between all those annoying ads...

I am not even sure as crappy programmed as they are, that they are not also coached a bunch by the dismal-brained directors (?) of the show...

DC - I do like Castle and have watched it on and off for years... At least the storyline and the characters does not annoy the crap out of me..

I have read that in the near future, the Cable TV companies are going to be out done by the Internet which is almost able to stream everything they also do and guess what - it works way better than my stupid satellite dish that goes out everytime it rains....

I want to see it work great on equally great Home Theater equipment and that will be just fine for me ! I really hope this happens because I really dislike any of these outmoded dim-witted cable/satellite/etc... idiot companies that have that same sick mindset that most Car Dealerships have...
    But I digress......

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I wish Horsepower TV was like it used to be with Stacy David and all the other original cast members of those shows. Trucks! was never the same after he left. Even Horsepower got rid of its Mustang savy young guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Netflix

Post Thanks / Like

Netflix sold my bank info to online retailers... I had to change all my bank info last year because of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Wrestling & Honey Boo Boo are the only reality t.v. shows I will watch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information