Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone work from home here?

I`d jump all over it just to give up the commute if nothing else

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve done it and for the most part liked it. That said, disipline is probably the most important factor in being successful. It`s the type of thing where you can`t stop for a bathroom break and then decide to stop by the fridge to make a sandwich, then stop to pet the dog and then step outside for a breath of fresh air. You still need to get a days work in. It`s also very important to know when the work day is over. You can easily make a 40 hour work week a 60 hour work week if you can`t step away from it. Going into the office for team meetings and a chance to see the boss is also important. You want them to remember who you are come time for a raise or promotion.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes dschribs, RaskyR1, 845guy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 3 bedroom house. If I make a spare bedroom into my office can I write that off on taxes?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

They`re gonna move you to the basement storage closet and take away your stapler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    They`re gonna move you to the basement storage closet and take away your stapler.
    I actually still have a swingline from my first employer after college, it`s just not red.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am a stay at home dad with a 3 and 5 yr olds. I have a licensed detail business from home as well. Works out great.

My wife normally commutes 1:15 each way to her job but has permission to work from home whenever necessary ( snow days etc) she mainly will work from home a couple days a week during the summer. Or just work 4 days and take Friday Saturday Sunday off during summer months.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Well I am a stay at home dad with a 3 and 5 yr olds. I have a licensed detail business from home as well. Works out great.

My wife normally commutes 1:15 each way to her job but has permission to work from home whenever necessary ( snow days etc) she mainly will work from home a couple days a week during the summer. Or just work 4 days and take Friday Saturday Sunday off during summer months.
    My wife stays at home with our boys, same exact ages as yours. Sounds like you guys have a great schedule worked out with your wife job and your detailing. In your situation, sounds like the detailing work is your "down" time

I tell my wife that she has a harder job than me most days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    My wife stays at home with our boys, same exact ages as yours. Sounds like you guys have a great schedule worked out with your wife job and your detailing. In your situation, sounds like the detailing work is your "down" time

I tell my wife that she has a harder job than me most days.
    Yeah it seems to work out well. During busy periods it can get a bit nuts juggling the kiddos and clients vehicles but I wouldn`t change it. I can work my schedule however I see fit and get to spend time with the kids. Even though they can definitely be more demanding than most of my clients lol.

Your absolutely right that detailing is my down time lol. My wife knows when I am getting antsy from not detailing because of the winter months. It is kinda sad that work is my out but when you truly enjoy it I don`t feel like it`s a job.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes Migue, ShakingHorizons, LEDetailng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I work from home one day every week or outside of business hours when I need to meet deadlines or something critical is broken. I am a Systems Admin in the IT department. It seems like when I work from home during the day or outside of business hours I can focus more on project based work. In the office I am often getting side swiped by people or I am helping team members that get stuck on higher level issues, which pulls me away from my work. I wish I could work from home a little more during the week, but I do enjoy going into the office for human interaction.

Post Thanks / Like

so my official work from home date is march 20th, when I"ll be in West Palm Beach, lol

well at least I get to come back from DF and not have to worry about driving to work

and I have that following Mon and Tue off (to recover---or should I say try to use any new product I was able to carry on to the plane)

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, dieselwrench liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As I remember you really don`t have 2 extra bedrooms, you have 2 detail product storage areas. If you use one of those as an office, you may be able to save some money on the amount of supplies you purchase, cause there won`t be any place to put them. This might be a blessing in disguise----LOL.
    Jay

PS--Still waiting on lunch
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I only work from home occasionally, on the dining room table that faces the TV. This not the best setup, and we will be reorganizing our `craft` room (2 totes of polish/LSP...and it is my crap taking up all the room....rant over) soon. I need a desk, comfortable work chair, proper phone to use for conference call, and a small wall mounted TV.

I prefer the interaction in the office, and it is easier to answer questions. But I don`t mind the commute from the bedroom to the dining room!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information