Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Talk me out of this!

Hey man,
    Sorry that had to happen, way back then..
    Glad you and your car survived much worse..

Hey, at least you are using the absolute Best Rose Food ! Bayer Rose Food in that blue jug on the floor up there, absolutely makes roses go crazy good..
    And it will probably work on a lot of other flowers too..
    Dan F
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- I`m impressed that it could drive away from that seeing as how some of the platforms that`re replacing Crown Vics as LE vehicles *cannot* withstand such incidents so well. IMO there`s a lot to be said for [Freakin`] Tanks when it comes to Real Life Vehicles.

More importantly...that must`ve been a pretty traumatic event for you, sure glad you`re OK.

EDIT: now that it`s been a while, I gather you don`t have any, uhm...residual emotional baggage related to that incident (like, every time you see/drive the car), huh? The fact that you`re seriously hesitating to trade it in on something (presumably) better/different tells me that you`re still digging the car despite what happened and IMO that says a lot. I`ve had cars I simply *had* to unload after wrecks, and others where that was never a consideration at all no matter what they`d been through.

Post Thanks / Like

Metallic black is for people who can`t make black look good, if it wouldn`t cost me half of what I own, it would be in my shop! Buy it! Put Kamakaze ism on it and you won`t be sorry!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Lambert- For some reason, the last time I had Metallic Black (GM Granite Metallic), I found it *more* challenging than I ever did straight black! For some reason I just found it *really* tough to spot (very) light marring on it, something about the metallic on that one that never bugged me with say...silver.

Heh heh, guess that for most people that`d be a Feature, but it drove me nuts trying to fix some almost-invisible holograms left by prior rotary work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I agree...but 100 extra hp and awd, thats a completely different driving experience

Help me spend your money next, lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    It is, but in my mind it doesn`t warrant $20k (for essentially a slightly bigger engine and AWD that I don`t need). I don`t race or track the car, so as a daily I can`t justify it. Plus, if I really wanted, I could spend a quarter of that $20k and be near the 350hp mark and have a vehicle I`d have built myself and could be proud of instead. Not to mention, if I was buying an AWD turbo hatch, I`d probably go for the Golf R. That way it`s a completely different interior and platform. But at $40k I don`t think I`d be really looking at buying a `focus` or `golf` ha.

I know I`m not helping your decision, but ultimately is a slightly nicer car worth another loan? What about a different platform altogether? Or maybe a charger hellcat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Metallic black is for people who can`t make black look good, if it wouldn`t cost me half of what I own, it would be in my shop! Buy it! Put Kamakaze ism on it and you won`t be sorry!
    I really dislike that incunuation

I think i could make black look just fine if i had non metallic

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I really dislike that incunuation

I think i could make black look just fine if i had non metallic

You could probably school most of us on here with a pitch black swirled panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk oooooooohoohooooo I have an iPhone everybody!! An IPHONE.
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick

Post Thanks / Like

I mean no disrespect but metallic paint will hide things straight black will not. That`s why Meguiars company cars were all straight black.

Post Thanks / Like

I probably misinterpreted what you said as being directed literally at me. I am running on pure adrenaline at this point after all the work i did on that hellcat since friday night. And it literally just pulled out of my garage, at 915pm

You are right, metallic is easier to make look good. Pitch black is some serious work.

Sometimes i wish i was closer so perhaps people could really see how good my (metallic) black looks as my crappy pictures dont do it justice.

I would not pick metallic over pitch black because i dont think i could handle it properly.

I just like metallic flake. If easier to shine up is a latent benefit, thats cool with me. I just simply like how flake looks on Any color.

And i was 24 when i bought my car, it could have been fuscia and i would have still had to have it, lol

But that statement alone put pitch black shaker at #2 color choice over b5, jazz blue still first. I welcome just about any challenge.

and i found a pitch black with all i want in South tx, only 17 miles on it too!
    I just dont like the lack of color contrast on the pitch black shaker

Here`s the 2nd vehicle i ever polished with my duetto (the 1st polisher i ever owned) many years ago

My buddys truck

One side compound one side both

not too bad for 2nd time ever wielding a polisher

A year or so later

That one didnt turn out as good as my buddys truck as it was only a 1 step but it was a trade in prep and he ended up keeping it

I haven`t done many black cars tho. Not that i turn them down, just kind of how it worked out so far.

I`m just a hack with fancy tools and good advice.

Maybe one day I can become a reputable detailer in my area, lol

I don`t expet to be at your level anytime soon...its just the reality i live with. Im a weekend warrior anyway. You`d have to tear me out of my overpaid easy as hell day job complete with an unnecessary yearly bonus Talk me out of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I mean no disrespect but metallic paint will hide things straight black will not. That`s why Meguiars company cars were all straight black.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slick View Post
    You could probably school most of us on here with a pitch black swirled panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk oooooooohoohooooo I have an iPhone everybody!! An IPHONE.
    I wouldn`t go that far, but thanks lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly would just keep your car. For the money your going to spend on car payments you could easily get your 11.9 slip.

I was in the same boat about getting rid of the gto for a new car. I didn`t want the 400+ month payment. I just saved the coin and dropped 9k instead on my blower and methanol injection setups. Very glad I did it and I dont owe a dime. All from my detailing money.

I will say the new challenger and chargers are very nice.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    I honestly would just keep your car. For the money your going to spend on car payments you could easily get your 11.9 slip.

I was in the same boat about getting rid of the gto for a new car. I didn`t want the 400+ month payment. I just saved the coin and dropped 9k instead on my blower and methanol injection setups. Very glad I did it and I dont owe a dime. All from my detailing money.

I will say the new challenger and chargers are very nice.
    Cas has 77k...id need a complete engine overhaul id imagine

I drove my srt today

God I LoVE this car

Brandt K.
    Thanks Civicclutch thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it! I just strapped a blower and methanol injection along with a full camshaft upgrade in my 134k motor.

Technology nowadays isn`t like old school stuff. I have a lot of old school guys who can`t believe how I can run 10lbs of boost and make 600rwhp on stock rods and pistons.

I would really do some homework with some well known Mopar shops and get realistic feedback. 77k isn`t anything if you have maintained it like you do your paint lol.

I am always for modding and upgrading vs getting a new car.

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes dieselwrench liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

the more I think about it I like my interior more than the new ones (and I`m sitting in the new ones like every week- lol)

they have the bells and whistles and the a8, that`s about it

I think unless they give me some ridiculous deal that means I borrow less than 20k im good...because once I start modding- well, my mod list is over 12k right now- lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

the more I think about it I like my interior more than the new ones (and I`m sitting in the new ones like every week- lol)

they have the bells and whistles and the a8, that`s about it

I think unless they give me some ridiculous deal that means I borrow less than 20k im good...because once I start modding- well, my mod list is over 12k right now- lol
    See I knew you would come to your senses lol. Looking forward to the mods!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information