Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick

Post Thanks / Like

Kaepernick

Uh, ok a washed up NFL player decides to protest the treatment of black Americans in the U.S.A. I guess he got his point across. Lol. He could have joined a protest and used his freedom of speech rights, instead he decided to offend the majority of Americans that believe in the country and what it stands for. My opinion is he chose the wrong way to show his "stand point". He could have burned the flag or spit on a soldier (happened a lot during Vietnam). There had to be another way. He could donate some of his huge salary to a charity that supports his views, like ISIS. I`m more than a little pissed, if you can`t tell.
    Likes yg1829, Stokdgs, Tpr1634 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kaepernick

I am not one who gets upset about all this symbolism (standing during anthem, hand over heart, etc). As you said, he could take more meaningful action to make a difference than just make a symbolic point. He just knows some are sensitive to correctness (patriotism police) and hopes it will rile someone.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes DAC17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it looks like he was looking for the worst reaction he could garner. He was raised by white parents. I just wonder if he is confused. The tattoos and everything are overkill. I don`t think he felt like he fit in. I don`t know the man, just my B.A. In Psychology talking.
    Likes Stokdgs, Tpr1634 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m getting really tired of things like this and what is turning into anti America rhetoric. The entire notion that "this is a country that oppresses" is total BS. Are there some bigots here, sure. Are there still active remnants of institutional racism, sure. But these are a product of the population, and it takes time to reverse all that. To claim that this country and it`s government as a whole oppresses people of color is utterly laughable. And the fact is, we waste time dealing with this nonsense instead of actually addressing any of our issues.

Mostly, I`m sick and tired of this movement to try and divide us. This "us and them" rhetoric has to stop. Hell, that woman in Milwaukee actually stood there in front of the community and suggested they go burn down buildings in the suburbs, "burn their stuff down." That`s what she said, but it got swept under the rug. Now, that`s privilege. At any rate, it scares me to know that people actually think that way and it`s getting worse by the day due to "us and them" rhetoric.

It ain`t Hillary or Trump, but this country is in tremendous need of an actual leader that can unite, rather than divide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    It ain`t Hillary or Trump, but this country is in tremendous need of an actual leader that can unite, rather than divide.
    I personally feel like we need a lot more than than. At the very least, we need a deep cleansing of all the politicians sitting in an office now with a term limit going forward. Career politicians have one vested interest, and that`s their own pocket. The fact that people can become multi-millionaires in a service role is evident of that.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guy is an idiot. I`d suggest he just shut up and go play football but apparently he`s not so good at that anymore.

Flash in the pan trying to stay relevant.
    Likes EXPDetailing, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I personally feel like we need a lot more than than. At the very least, we need a deep cleansing of all the politicians sitting in an office now with a term limit going forward. Career politicians have one vested interest, and that`s their own pocket. The fact that people can become multi-millionaires in a service role is evident of that.
    No argument here. Didn`t Jefferson say that it`s the duty of the people to revolt after about 200 years of establishment? I`m paraphrasing, but if one believes in that thinking we are way overdue.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s the "irony", or perhaps more correctly, the hypocrisy, of this whole situation:
    You live in a country that you feel oppresses people of color or minorities , yet you are dissing the very country that allows you the freedom to express yourself about it. I agree, Mr. Kaepernick, does, indeed, have the freedom to express himself. Yet, if this expression is tantamount to "hating" the country that gives you this freedom, are you correct in doing so? Is this expression an extension of an individual who has used (I would deem the term "exploited") his employment in the NFL to forward his own opinions about a social issue to garner national media attention? That is the issue the NFL office and commissioner Rodger Godell will need to address, and do it quickly. Otherwise other NFL players will be making statement at team media events or displays on the field about social issues from gun control to abortion with no repercussions under the guise of "Freedom of Speech".
    Don`t get me wrong! Mr. Kaempernick`s right to not stand during the National Anthem is the same right that I have in criticizing his decision and writing about it in this response within this forum. I cannot censure Mr. Kaepernick`s decision and expect no repercussions about my writing ANYTHING within this forum.It simply cannot be one without the other, even if I do not agree with it. My question is the NFL a platform to do so?

I know some are feeling, " If you don`t like it here in America, go play football in Canada!" For myself, it`s a VERY touchy First Amendment issue. Freedom is NEVER "free". Ask a family who has sacrificed a son or daughter in the military to defend these rights or a law enforcement officer in enforcing the laws of this country.
    GB detailer
    Likes rlmccarty2000, EXPDetailing, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Here`s the "irony", or perhaps more correctly, the hypocrisy, of this whole situation:
    You live in a country that you feel oppresses people of color or minorities , yet you are dissing the very country that allows you the freedom to express yourself about it. I agree, Mr. Kaepernick, does, indeed, have the freedom to express himself. Yet, if this expression is tantamount to "hating" the country that gives you this freedom, are you correct in doing so? Is this expression an extension of an individual who has used (I would deem the term "exploited") his employment in the NFL to forward his own opinions about a social issue to garner national media attention? That is the issue the NFL office and commissioner Rodger Godell will need to address, and do it quickly. Otherwise other NFL players will be making statement at team media events or displays on the field about social issues from gun control to abortion with no repercussions under the guise of "Freedom of Speech".
    Don`t get me wrong! Mr. Kaempernick`s right to not stand during the National Anthem is the same right that I have in criticizing his decision and writing about it in this response within this forum. I cannot censure Mr. Kaepernick`s decision and expect no repercussions about my writing ANYTHING within this forum.It simply cannot be one without the other, even if I do not agree with it. My question is the NFL a platform to do so?

I know some are feeling, " If you don`t like it here in America, go play football in Canada!" For myself, it`s a VERY touchy First Amendment issue. Freedom is NEVER "free". Ask a family who has sacrificed a son or daughter in the military to defend these rights or a law enforcement officer in enforcing the laws of this country.

We have freedom of speech, but there are certain limits on what exactly you are allowed to say in the workplace. It could be an interesting legal battle if the NFL decides, that like any other workplace that does not permit such grandstanding, that Kaepernick and similar other instances that are sure to follow are inappropriate in the workplace and penalizes them as such.

Get the popcorn ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Pos
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Stokdgs, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kaepernick probably felt oppressed when people started to notice he sucks at being a quarterback. I think he feels the need to overcome his emotions about failing at football with something other than.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    Pos
    That about sums it up for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I agree 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

All tho I will never agree with anybodys action, not standing and that kind of act, it is his choice. Regardless
    Whatever he thinks he is protest. There are better ways tho.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    We have freedom of speech, but there are certain limits on what exactly you are allowed to say in the workplace. It could be an interesting legal battle if the NFL decides, that like any other workplace that does not permit such grandstanding, that Kaepernick and similar other instances that are sure to follow are inappropriate in the workplace and penalizes them as such.

Get the popcorn ready.
    Good point. If he were displaying the logo of a company that wasn`t a sponsor of the NFL, Goodell would have already had him drawn and quartered.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information