Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Forum Family

Sorry for your loss....that`s rough. Glad to hear you got to spend some quality time with him though. I can`t imagine the day I don`t have my dad around.
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Stokdgs, GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry brother.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry for your loss prayers for you and family

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

My Dear Brother Gearhead_1 -

Nothing harder than losing a Parent...
    My heart hurts for you and yours; many prayers for The Comforter to be with all of you, are coming your way..

My dear Dad left us 5 years ago - it took many years for it not to be so tender even thinking about him..

Sometimes early in the morning, when I am just starting to wake up, I will hear his voice calling my name.
    It is just as he sounded when he was here..

We know that the veil between us and the those that have passed on is sometimes very thin; I hope that you will always know how much he loves you and yours and all the family, and that he is very focused on helping you and yours as much as possible...

What a wonderful Reunion it will be someday when all the family can be together again...Forever......

Thank you, Dear Savior, for making all of this a reality for all mankind... Thank you...

Love you guys,
    Dan F
    Likes GearHead_1, JustJesus, JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1, JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It will be 3 years ago one week from today. Still feels like it was yesterday. However JSFM35X is right on. My dad was able to tell me he was proud of me. And I know he is with the Lord watching over me still today. One day I will see him again.
    Likes Stokdgs, GearHead_1, JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, GearHead_1, JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear man! Not looking forward to that day. It will get better it`s hard to see rt now though.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Im pretty new here but I still feel bad for anyone who looses a parent. sorry for your loss
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    If you`ve been on Autopia for any length of time, you probably have the same feeling that I have. You get to know members here even though you`ve never met them, it`s a family of sorts. That said, I`ll share this, I lost my Pop on Sunday. I`ve had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with him over the past 10 years and right now it`s like looking at a big donut sitting in front of me and all I can see is the hole. It`s been tough. I`ll miss my friend.
    Sorry for your loss Mark .. It`s great that you got to spend 10 years having an adult relationship with your dad and you were really able to get to know each other. RIP Praying for your family
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I offer my condolences as well. Always so tough losing a loved one. We`re all here GH!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear Mark. God bless you during this time

Post Thanks / Like

I wish to thank all of you for the comments/condolences you have given. I built a home next to my parents about 10 years ago. My father and I have done our best to take care of my mom`s declining health during this time. Much of this experience did not flow smoothly, probably more bad time than good. She hasn`t been well for the past 2 decades but during this time has needed serious attention. It was just a given that if one of us wasn`t watching mom the other one was. She got to a point where she needed more real nursing than family can give. We moved her to a skilled nursing facility about 7 months ago. My father was able to take a breath and address some of his own needs. He had a knee replaced, the surgery and recovery of the knee went well but he just didn`t bounce back. Couldn`t catch his breath and had no energy. Through a myriad of tests, Dr. appointments, hospital stays and ER visits he was diagnosed with Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF). I`ve spent the past 9 months now taking care of him. The Pulmonologist believes the cause of this condition to be a low dose of an antibiotic (doxycycolene) that his Dentist had him on for a period of about 2 years. He had a number of dental implants that were prone to infection. This is a VERY rare side effect. This diagnosis has no cure but he was expected to have between 3 and 5 years in front of him. He didn`t believe this based on the way he felt and said it would be a matter of months. If you don`t have a positive attitude the worst can happen quickly.

Mom has actually thrived in the nursing facility but about 10 days ago got sick, we took her to the ER and found out she had a bowel blockage. The decision was made to remove a portion of her bowel. Her surgery also went well but she is quite feeble and recovery for her has always been slow. She is recovering in the ICU. Dad got worse over the past 3 weeks and last Thursday we talked about going to the ER. He wanted to watch Olympic basketball but I told him we needed to go. I couldn`t get him to the car by myself. I asked him if I could get an ambulance and he would have nothing to do with it. I got a neighbor to help me get him in the car. I had only traveled about 6 blocks and he stopped breathing. I had to pull over and help him with a few chest compressions and slaps on the cheek while calling 911 to get an ambulance. I got him to breathe but it was faint. The ambulance got him to ER but his heart had stopped. They were able to get it going and actually got him stabilized. The doctors were optimistic, much more so than I was. He spent the next 4 days in ICU in the room next to my mom. They never knew the other one was there. It was spend some time with dad and shed a tear and then put a smile on your face and walk to the next room to encourage mom. They did all they could but he passed away about midnight Sunday.

At this point we had to tell my mother that dad was gone. She took the news much better than I expected but she is still struggling and by no means out of the woods. Anyone that knew our family situation would have bet the farm that mom would have left before dad. You can imagine that our worry now is that she`ll simply stop trying. She had a very challanging day today. She`s 83 and he was 85.

I`ve got most of the funeral plans taken care of but it is amazing all the things there are to think about. I know this is probably way more than most wanted to read but it has given me something to do while I sit here. I seem to have more time on my hands in the evenings the past couple of days. Thanks again to all of you.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs, TTBear, aceone, tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, tropicsteve, JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t imagine going through so much in such a short amount of time. I`m very sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sorry for your loss. You appear to be holding yourself together better than I probably would in your shoes.

I`ll waste some spray wax tomorrow for you and your pops.

Some fancy new stuff

I also feel like a lot of you are my family.

Do some forum surfing to take your mind off things.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t been around this place for a long time, but it is plain that it is so very close knit, and supportive.

I am so sorry for your loss, and for you having to go through what you have, and what you did, at the end of your father`s existence here.

Take solace in the fact that you did him proud - both your father, and your mother. This will not go unrewarded - not that that`s what`s on your mind now, of course, but with time, the good memories will surpass the loss, and there will be a time to smile again. I hope this comes for you sooner, rather than later.

Condolences, sincerely.
    Anima sana in corpore sano

Current:

2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO
    2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    Likes Stokdgs, GearHead_1, aceone liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My condolences to you and your whole family, not easy ever to lose someone you love so dearly. If there is anything we can try to do for you let us know please, I dont know a lot here but what I`ve seen is we would try to do what we can to help out.
    Thanks Stokdgs, GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information