Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hillary for the win

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    If you are claiming Trump is better....
    Incomplete sentence. What are you referring to?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brings new meaning to the joke of "I`ll make it illegal once their checks clear................"

Clinton Foundation Donors `Ineligible` Under Foreign Cash Ban
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    If you are claiming Trump is better....
    I`ll give Ron the benefit of the doubt as being critical of one isn`t the same as endorsing the other.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`ll give Ron the benefit of the doubt as being critical of one isn`t the same as endorsing the other.
    That makes too much sense and doesn`t fit his narrative.........

Thank you. At least someone gets it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- If only people would quit seeing this POTUS Election (and any discussion of it) as being binary then maybe...oh forget it I`m wasting bandwidth, what would foks have to fuss about if not Trump/Hillary and how awful it all is?
    Likes JaredPointer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ronkh- If only people would quit seeing this POTUS Election (and any discussion of it) as being binary then maybe...oh forget it I`m wasting bandwidth, what would foks have to fuss about if not Trump/Hillary and how awful it all is?
    At the moment, it for all intents and purposes is a binary race. So....... I gotta keep pluggin away for the freedom and liberty of my kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    ...I gotta keep pluggin away for the freedom and liberty of my kids.
    You really think that anybody supporting [either of those two] could possibly be convinced to vote for the other? I just don`t see it, due to mutually exlusive assignments of baseline values.

Post Thanks / Like

You really think that anybody supporting [either of those two] could possibly be convinced to vote for the other? I just don`t see it, due to mutually exlusive assignments of baseline values.
    IMHO
    The "values" that have been expressed such as Gender, race, rhetoric, etc have so little to do with the real issues at hand. The "values" espoused in my view are so ironic it`s pathetic. One talks a good game, but evidence proves, would sell our freedom for a Klondike bar v. gruff off the cuff person who at least has verifiable accomplishments.

I wonder if he "identified" as a woman, if maybe that would help the "left" see.
    Thanks jrock645 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

“We have been assured, sir, in the sacred writings, that ‘except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it.’ I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without His concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel; we shall be divided by our little partial, local interests, our projects will be confounded and we ourselves shall become a reproach and a byword down to future ages. And, what is worse, mankind may hereafter, from this unfortunate instance, despair of establishing government by human wisdom and leave it to chance, war, or conquest.” - Benjamin Franklin

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

I am not sure our forefathers ever had in mind "career politicians" but rather "citizen politicians". Those within the political life were first farmers, doctors, tradesmen, shop keepers, etc. They all had regular jobs they returned to but that changed many years ago and it`s getting worse. How can these people understand or grasp what the common folk or people deal with when most of them never held a real job?

They go to college, get an internship then run for office. Not sure if Obama ever had to wash cars, mow lawns or flip burgers for a weekly paycheck and I am guessing his girls will never have to either so what happens is we have a "class" of people who are by all accounts pretty much above the common people law. Sure a few here and there get busted but not busted like a common person. Same crap goes on with celeb`s.

Where is the outrage over Obama not visiting the flood torn areas of the South? It`s been days and nothing!! Where is the huge out lash to that and why no celebrities claiming he hates black people? Oh, it`s because he is a liberal, the news is liberal and majority of celebrities are liberal.

Contrast this with George Bush who took 3 days to get to that area and was called an uncaring racist who was asleep at the wheel! Yet he visited the area some 3 or 4 days later. He said he did not go right away because he did not want to take away vital resources from the rescue operations. HA...man that`s a load of bull crap cause the media said so. What a lying piece of trash the President is for making up that excuse! Amen?

Obama was right to say this about that time...

“If there’s any bright light that has come out of this disaster, it’s the degree to which ordinary Americans have responded with speed and determination even as their government has responded with unconscionable ineptitude.”

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0lEbi2LHU

So it`s so refreshing that President Obama has been so on top of things and visited the flooded people and help give the encouragement and.....oh wait, NOT! Here is what the Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards had to say:

“It is a major ordeal, they free up the interstate for him,” Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Thursday. “We have to take hundreds of local first responders, police officers, sheriffs, deputies and state troopers to provide security for that type of visit.”

“I would just as soon have those people engaged in the response rather than trying to secure the president,” Bel Edwards continued. “So I’d ask him to wait, if he would, another couple weeks.”

So, fans of the liberal left, please tell me why is this "excuse" a turd stain on one President but a viable excuse for another President? Would it be because one is a Republican and the other a Democrat?

Why post this up? Well because all, well most all, politicians rarely care about the worker ants (The People) and if a politician is a bad apple then get rid of them. I don`t care if they have a D, R, L or what other letter by their name. They are to be a servant of The People not to set out and become rich and get celebrity status. Also I posted this to point out the blinding bias of the media....if you deny this then you`re a blind moron.

So instead of bickering about who is the best of these two grasp that neither one really cares about nothing but their own personal agenda. Why? BECAUSE WE NO LONGER HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE! OK, pass the aspirin.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"
    Likes Ronkh, JaredPointer liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, JaredPointer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Why does a President have to visit to see the damage? For morale support? There are people trained in damage evaluation that actually need to be there. Politicians just get in the way.
    Likes 04accord liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Why does a President have to visit to see the damage? For morale support? There are people trained in damage evaluation that actually need to be there. Politicians just get in the way.
    This is why......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Ts529ktgM

Having run large scale scenes I can tell you first hand that having visiting dignitaries show up on scene takes many needed resources from the jobs they need to be doing. So really it`s for eyeball effect.

But on the other hand........... It does show caring..

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, this whole Election Thing is causing a lot of people to say stuff that I (like to) consider out-of-character.

IMHO
    The "values" that have been expressed...
    Heh heh, oh just get me going on the whole "some people`s values" topic...but I still don`t think anyone`s gonna change because of what somebody on the "other side" says. Hey, we all *know* we`re right...right?

I do find it, uhm...interesting...how the "off-the-cuff behavior" thing gets interpreted though. IMO it generally gives insight into a person`s true nature and there are plenty of people who simply don`t say or do [inappropriate stuff] under *any* circumstances. The folks who *don`t* do that stuff are what I consider "high-quality humans" and...sigh...they seem to be increasingly rare these days.

If "Character is what you do when nobody`s looking", then what you do in the Public Arena....well, it speaks volumes.

Post Thanks / Like

If "Character is what you do when nobody`s looking", then what you do in the Public Arena....well, it speaks volumes.
    Agreed.

So sometime in Jan I may have to go buy some cases of Klondike bars.........

Post Thanks / Like

...I can tell you first hand that having visiting dignitaries show up on scene takes many needed resources from the jobs they need to be doing. So really it`s for eyeball effect.

But on the other hand........... It does show caring..
    Agree completely.

Can`t help but think of what *really* happens when many [celebrities and their people] show up to "contribute" when there`s a high-profile disaster. There can be downsides that really matter.

If there were a genuine disaster in my area, I sure wouldn`t want the POTUS to show up and play Empathizer-in-Chief, that`s not the contribution I`d want from my President and the whole dog-and-pony show would impede the people who *can* make the needed contributions.
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

..sometime in Jan I may have to go buy some cases of Klondike bars.........
    Well, that`s better than some of the things [certain individuals] are advocating!

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information