Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Minimum Wage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minimum Wage

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I see stuff like this and I want to puke. Denmark. This is supposed to me America. A place where everyone has a chance to make something of themselves - and not a place where they are penalized if they succeed.

America doesnt need free anything - or higher taxes. We need our citizens to get of their azzes and make it happen for themselves.

What great thing in the history of the world has Denmark done?? Make cheese?
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahah !!!!!

Tell us how you really feel.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Minimum Wage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahah !!!!!

Tell us how you really feel.......
    OK, well...

They have legalized heroin there and bent over for the Nazis during WW2. Two more reasons why I would want nothing to do with that place.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, well...

They have legalized heroin there and bent over for the Nazis during WW2. Two more reasons why I would want nothing to do with that place.

Well they couldnt run fast in wooden shoes......

and thats all they could afford with those high taxes
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know there has been prior stuff posted but if they are happy then it should not matter. One should not judge a countrys "success" by your way and choose their own life style. They are smart enough to let another country spend $600 Billion a year being the world police.

They likely consider us the losers who seem to like to kill each other, weak uneven education system, health care that bankrupts people, a country that advocates human rights but has its own internal issues, and just being an annoying jerk in the world. Trump likely personifies the worlds view of us.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I know there has been prior stuff posted but if they are happy then it should not matter. One should not judge a countrys "success" by your way and choose their own life style. They are smart enough to let another country spend $600 Billion a year being the world police.

They likely consider us the losers who seem to like to kill each other, weak uneven education system, health care that bankrupts people, a country that advocates human rights but has its own internal issues, and just being an annoying jerk in the world. Trump likely personifies the worlds view of us.

Al, you seem a little annoyed this evening? Somewhat upset at the US.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I see stuff like this and I want to puke. Denmark. This is supposed to me America. A place where everyone has a chance to make something of themselves - and not a place where they are penalized if they succeed.

America doesnt need free anything - or higher taxes. We need our citizens to get of their azzes and make it happen for themselves.

Dont puke .. but try and think how other societies work and learn from them ... dont know how old you are but I do remember pretty high taxes here (60s & 70s) in the US, especially on capital gains and many people were still rich, we had a real middle class and yes there was still poverty ... not a solution to tax the successful .. but food for thought
    History of income tax rates adjusted for inflation (1913–2010)[69][70]
    Number of First Bracket Top Bracket
    Year Brackets Rate Rate Income Adj. 2015[62][71] Comment
    1913 7 1% 7% $500,000 $12 million First permanent income tax
    1917 21 2% 67% $2,000,000 $36.9 million World War I financing
    1925 23 1.5% 25% $100,000 $1.35 million Post war reductions
    1932 55 4% 63% $1,000,000 $17.3 million Depression era
    1936 31 4% 79% $5,000,000 $85.3 million -
    1941 32 10% 81% $5,000,000 $80.4 million World War II
    1942 24 19% 88% $200,000 $2.9 million Revenue Act of 1942
    1944 24 23% 94% $200,000 $2.69 million Individual Income Tax Act of 1944
    1946 24 20% 91% $200,000 $2.43 million -
    1964 26 16% 77% $400,000 $3.05 million Tax reduction during Vietnam war
    1965 25 14% 70% $200,000 $1.5 million -
    1981 16 14% 70% $215,400 $561 thousand Reagan era tax cuts
    1982 14 12% 50% $85,600 $210 thousand Reagan era tax cuts
    1987 5 11% 38.5% $90,000 $187 thousand Reagan era tax cuts
    1988 2 15% 28% $29,750 $59.5 thousand Reagan era tax cuts
    1991 3 15% 31% $82,150 $143 thousand Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990
    1993 5 15% 39.6% $250,000 $410 thousand Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993
    2003 6 10% 35% $311,950 $401 thousand Bush tax cuts
    2011 6 10% 35% $379,150 $399 thousand -
    2013 7 10% 39.6% $400,000 $406 thousand American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post

No, Al they do love us and in some ways jealous of our lower tax system ... they are a small country with high standards when it comes to especially education.
    I dont know a lot about their education system, but I was told they are taught relevant material so that those who want to be educated can command high paying jobs..

Likes Stokdgs, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    ok, why did it change in my quote ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

probably my copying

came from here ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income..._United_States

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    probably my copying
    figured it out

it didnt copy in tables in your post, it did in my quote

sorry for the disruption...... penalty was recalled upon review
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My my dad was at a presentation a year or two ago by Herman Caine. He talked about the minimum wage "problem." Mainly, he crushed the notion that minimum wage at 40 hours a week was ever supposed to be enough to raise a family on. It wasnt and still isnt. Thats not the purpose of minimum wage laws. He told a story about his father working 3 jobs to support the family. Eventually, he was able to get a better job and work two jobs and earn enough to support the family. After more training and experience, he was able to go down to one job. As he said it, that folks is the American dream. Those willing to earn it have the opportunity. But somewhere, Americans lost sight of all that.
    Thanks Ronkh, GearHead_1, 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Danish people make lovely furniture out of Teak wood...

I personally saw a few hundred of them work on top of the world at the North Pole, and they work really hard and dont screw around..

I befriended a few of them and they told me they were working there in bitter cold, wearing wooden clogs, because the tax rate back home in Denmark was so high, they could barely afford to live there..
    So, they signed a 5-year contract to come work at the top of Danish owned Greenland and get taxed way, way, less for the time they were there..

I later met a few more in California in Agri-business who were very, very, intelligent men from Gasa Odense... They had built up a great business and were looking to partner with this company in Sacramento to import their goods here..

I think they all really admired America and Americans and despite the huge load of taxes they were born into, they still loved Denmark and would never consider leaving home for good..

Thats all I know about Denmark...
    Dan F
    Likes Ronkh, Poorboy, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    My my dad was at a presentation a year or two ago by Herman Caine. He talked about the minimum wage "problem." Mainly, he crushed the notion that minimum wage at 40 hours a week was ever supposed to be enough to raise a family on. It wasnt and still isnt. Thats not the purpose of minimum wage laws. He told a story about his father working 3 jobs to support the family. Eventually, he was able to get a better job and work two jobs and earn enough to support the family. After more training and experience, he was able to go down to one job. As he said it, that folks is the American dream. Those willing to earn it have the opportunity. But somewhere, Americans lost sight of all that.

Thank you !!!!!
    Likes jrock645 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Jrock645 - Those willing to earn it have the opportunity. But somewhere, Americans lost sight of all that.

You have nailed it precisely !!! Thank you !!!!

And, as long as everyone is looking DOWN, tippy-tapping on a tiny keyboard with 2 fingers, more interested in telling legions of nameless, disinterested people, their whereabouts, the Employers of those good jobs just throw up their hands and wait for that 1 person who has some actual social skills enough to carry on a face-to-face conversation, ask the right questions, answer questions thoughtfully and carefully, and Sell Themselves to a company that has profit sharing, 401k and an awesome health plan..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Jrock645 - Those willing to earn it have the opportunity. But somewhere, Americans lost sight of all that.

You have nailed it precisely !!! Thank you !!!!

And, as long as everyone is looking DOWN, tippy-tapping on a tiny keyboard with 2 fingers, more interested in telling legions of nameless, disinterested people, their whereabouts, the Employers of those good jobs just throw up their hands and wait for that 1 person who has some actual social skills enough to carry on a face-to-face conversation, ask the right questions, answer questions thoughtfully and carefully, and Sell Themselves to a company that has profit sharing, 401k and an awesome health plan..
    Dan F
    Dan I think you found the missing link here without even mentioning it ...

Our Education system has failed !!! We learn more or less the same as we did 50 years ago .. the subjects have added a few technology classes, but the rest of the world is teaching high tech not trigonometry ... Government small and large , states and local, do not have the support of funds to really prepare kids for the real world .. the few and far between that actually generate what you said, are out numbered probably 10:1 (just guessing) .. reading today is mostly on twitter and the goal oriented kids are not always given the resources to achieve, so employers look to overseas .. (my wife was a recruiter for fortune 100 companies to find computer programmers) most come from India and Asia ... look around at a hospital and see who your care takers are ... who answers a technical question when you call a 800 number in the middle of the night. Funny how many foreigners still come to the US for higher learning, especially technical professions, yet we have a hard time getting American kids to this level .. I dont believe our kids are stupid, but are they learning the right stuff?
    Can we afford as a nation to have a large percent of our under 30 population living with their parents ? and what happens when the parents age out (nice way to say pass away) and their funds go with them? Will we have a large percent of our population not capable of earning a living?
    When will we also lower the age of education, as it simply is not made for everyone and the high schoolers who are not interested are usually a disruption, and bring in an apprenticeship tax break for businesses who are willing to hire and train, but could never afford a minimum wage to do so?
    As it was said earlier in this thread, some one has to dig the ditches and as I tell my kids, some one has to work at the grocery store ...
    Just some food for thought

Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a great friend who came out of High School in San Antonio, Texas, decided he wanted to be a plumber, got some plumbers to join up with him, and he built an incredible commercial business not once, but twice...

He was forward thinking enough to name his business - A1 Plumbing - so it showed up at the top of all listings in the phone book; he worked really hard and did not sit back while others did the work; he was honest and fair to all..

He was likeable, approachable, socially very adept, and well liked by everyone he came in contact with..

He was/is all business at work and did not mix business with pleasure..

He put money into the business and it sounds like he did what these great guys at PoorBoys do with their business concerning their staff... Paid above wage for above level work..

Later down the road, a huge company approached him and asked if they could buy his business from him for XXXMillion dollars, so after much thought, he sold it to them...
    He had to follow the Non-Compete part of the contract and just played for awhile until it ran out..

When it ran out, he started up another plumbing company, secured another huge amount of commercial accounts, and is happily going along adding to his millions of bucks again...

So, see, everyone has at least the potential of really doing something with their lives if they really want to put their heads and hands to work...

He is in his middle 50s too...
    Dan F
    Likes Poorboy, trashmanssd, Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information