Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Minimum Wage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minimum Wage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    If it`s done properly......... big if.. I can tell you that in a large university in CT that there is over 50% of the student population that is on adhd meds or tranquilizers..
    Lolz. I know. Keep the ADHD meds coming. The medical community is cleaning up on this racket. These meds are highly addictive (C2 - the most regulated class of medications) - so it`s a great way to "introduce" the younger generation to drugs.

I know, they really need it. But if they were handing out these drugs when I was a kid - I`d be on all of them. I had all the "bad kid" tags attached to me.

The funny thing is, I deal with a lot of Drs - and not a single one of THEIR kids is on ANY of these medications. Not one.
    Likes Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Lolz. I know. Keep the ADHD meds coming. The medical community is cleaning up on this racket. These meds are highly addictive (C2 - the most regulated class of medications) - so it`s a great way to "introduce" the younger generation to drugs.

I know, they really need it. But if they were handing out these drugs when I was a kid - I`d be on all of them. I had all the "bad kid" tags attached to me.

The funny thing is, I deal with a lot of Drs - and not a single one of THEIR kids is on ANY of these medications. Not one.

Me too, and that is sorta my point. It`s easier to shove a pill in their throat, instead of trying to "reach" them and the kid and teacher and parents all have a recipe for future success.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Swanicyouth, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rohnkh- What`s that whiteboard from? Replace that Beefaroni with something better and loose the garlic roll and that`d be an OK meal even by my standards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Well, I bet most MDs` kids get a very different start in life compared to a lot of kids, beginning long before they`re even born. Lots of kids are damaged long before birth, and not nutured properly during their preschool years. Not all ADD/etc. stuff is a "destined to be born that way, it was simply gonna happen" situation.
    Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Rohnkh- What`s that whiteboard from? Replace that Beefaroni with something better and loose the garlic roll and that`d be an OK meal even by my standards.
    That was from Jen`s kids school last night. I was laughing at how pc everyone is now. I know in my school it would have been changed to "Barfaroni" within 60 seconds of being put up.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Fight For $15 Meets Reality: D.C. Restaurants Lost 1,400 Jobs During First Half of 2016 - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Washington, D.C., is getting a real life lesson in economics as the city moves closer to implementing a $15 per hour minimum wage.

During the first six months of 2016, restaurants in D.C. shed 1,400 jobs. That`s a 2.7 percent decline in food service jobs in just six months, the largest drop seen in that sector in more than 15 years. Even during the 2008 recession, restaurant jobs barely dipped before continuing a steady, decades-long rise in Washington.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the job loss will be short term though. When everyone gets used to the idea and the reality prices will go up so employers will hire more workers or implement more automation to do their jobs. I`ve noticed some McDonalds restaurants using automated ordering inside of the restaurant. Automation creates jobs, just in a different sector. Restaurants have the "low hanging fruit" of disposable jobs and are the first to go along with supermarket checkers.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not surprised there is some loss especially due to the significant wage increase so an instant hit to bottom line. The lowest pay group usually gets axed or hours get cut back first when costs/losses (wages, food, energy, bad management, you name it, etc) go up until the business reaches a new equilibrium and decide if they need more people.

Have you seen the price of beef these days?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread Information