Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: No-Bama Care ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I think its called Medicare part B? for us people getting up there
    He gutted that for ocare a
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

True, but many who like their classic car would cut off the rust and weld on a good quarter ( just welded patches to my Caddy fenders cause there are no good replacements out there that also didnt need work)
    The premise for my example was to expand on Rons detailing posts likening a great finish to a system that best serves the people. My analogy uses the fender as the equivelant to ObamaCare as it exists, not the vehicle. That being the case, I agree with what you have posted, get rid of the damaged sheet metal. No way a desireable classic car can be seen as the equivelant to ObamaCare.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think its called Medicare part B? for us people getting up there
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    He gutted that for ocare a

But Im not sure who got the donut, since we only get donut holes.........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Anything can be fixed. It might be painful to insurance companies, doctors, hospitals, businesses, and many other entities, but healthcare can be fixed. Term limits for some scoundrels. Accountability and less profit for insurance companies and drug manufacturers. Break the healthcare system down and rebuild it. The VA is doing something similar. In the future their may be no VA hospitals, they are talking about shutting the doors and giving veterans an insurance card that allows us to go to a doctor of are choosing. Right now the VA has rolled out Veterans Choice that allows veterans that have not gotten appointments for over 6 months to request an immediate appointment with a non VA provider. After 8 years of back pain this program allowed me to have surgery. Fixing a broken system is a daunting task, but with a plan and good leaders it can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Anything can be fixed. .
    Not worth fixing if its fundamentally flawed. Easier to start over.

The government has a habit of doing things that are not necessarily right with that frame of mind to fix it later. People need to realize that not doing anything is a better idea than doing the wrong thing.

And as far as fixing it? Well they did a great job fixing the VA. (sarcasm)

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    The premise for my example was to expand on Rons detailing posts likening a great finish to a system that best serves the people. My analogy uses the fender as the equivelant to ObamaCare as it exists, not the vehicle. That being the case, I agree with what you have posted, get rid of the damaged sheet metal. No way a desireable classic car can be seen as ObamaCare.
    ok ..cut out all the rust and start with a frame the is based on preexisting conditions and build around it

Not worth fixing if its fundamentally flawed. Easier to start over.

The government has a habit of doing things that are not necessarily right with that frame of mind to fix it later. People need to realize that not doing anything is a better idea than doing the wrong thing.

And as far as fixing it? Well they did a great job fixing the VA. (sarcasm)
    yup, no government system works as it was intended, but repairs are possible without revolution
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the statement that anything can be fixed. Ive always said that anything mechanical can be fixed... for a price. There comes a time when intelligent people have to look at the value proposition (I use that term too often). When does it simply become throwing good money after bad?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sitting here reading this thread again. If we were to attempt to fix this steaming mess we have now wed have to start with the very name of the legislation. It cant by any stretch of the imagination or grain of integrity be called the Affordable Car Act. At the very least wed have to change the title to: The Mostly Not Affordable Care Act.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the intent was good, but the process from day one was bad ... kids staying on their parents insurance until 26 (?) , pre-existing conditions not being excluded and everyone having some type of medical insurance are good ideas .. the rest needs to be re-thought out ...

Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the intent was good, but the process from day one was bad ... kids staying on their parents insurance until 26 (?) , pre-existing conditions not being excluded and everyone having some type of medical insurance are good ideas .. the rest needs to be re-thought out ...
    ^Agree the things mentioned needed attention. That said, I think many of us gave up way too much between concept and finished product. Lets be honest from a being covered standpoint many of us didnt need change. I realize that can come off as being very selfish but the fact is that many of us worked hard for what we had and I do mean had.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Agree I think many of us gave up way too much between concept and finished product. Lets be honest from a being covered standpoint many of us didnt need change.
    How true and at the time it really didnt matter as my wifes job had great insurance, but 6 years later she was laid off and we are now paying Cobra premiums and when Cobra ends the real questions begin here. What if there is no AFA or it is repealed? Having a pre-existing condition for both myself and daughter might put us into some serious territory

Post Thanks / Like

Again, I agree. Pre-existing conditions needed change, period. Im not claiming to know the fix but I do know when Ive been sold a bill of goods.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes davidc liked this post
    Thanks davidc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Never thought the price of gas could go under $3 let alone $2 , and under $3 for premium, so I have to believe that there is a fix for healthcare too, otherwise I would never be able to enjoy life or my old cars ..

Post Thanks / Like

I think the intent was good, but the process from day one was bad ...
    Yup, beginning with "we have to pass it to see whats in it". Are you kidding me?
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes davidc liked this post
    Thanks davidc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A true Greek tragedy.
    A tragedy that the banking systems wrote by loaning them the money. Just like the prior economic downturn, the banks were deeply involved in over extending so this is why they are so interested in given them every last change (and more) in the recovery... know any realtors that can sell the Parthenon?

Like the drug dealer that does not want to actually kill all their customers -- bleed them dry.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information