Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: No-Bama Care ?????

That $8 aspirin is touched by a pharmacist, a nurse, and ordered by a doctor in a multimillion dollar hospital complex with a board of trustees (nice word for thieves). And of course it is probably a special aspirin that you can`t get without a prescription. The medical system is very complex, but it must be working, everyone is living much longer. If Obamacare gets repealed (not likely) there still needs to be a system in place that allows people with preexisting conditions to get insurance and allows for free yearly screenings that actually save lives and catch things early before they require more costly medical care. I agree though, if you smoke or use drugs you forfeit some healthcare "rights". That goes for those folks in over eaters anonymous too.
    Likes Bunky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think the GOP wants to do anything to address health care costs at this point since it will only make Obamacare look more successful. It definitely needs some changes but in this partisan environment (all or nothing) we have nothing but the purpose is to talk about it, blame the dems, etc.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes pwaug, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    That $8 aspirin is touched by a pharmacist, a nurse, and ordered by a doctor in a multimillion dollar hospital complex with a board of trustees (nice word for thieves). And of course it is probably a special aspirin that you can`t get without a prescription. The medical system is very complex, but it must be working, everyone is living much longer. If Obamacare gets repealed (not likely) there still needs to be a system in place that allows people with preexisting conditions to get insurance and allows for free yearly screenings that actually save lives and catch things early before they require more costly medical care. I agree though, if you smoke or use drugs you forfeit some healthcare "rights". That goes for those folks in over eaters anonymous too.
    Nothing free at my place and the Affordable Health Care. $2k for Colonoscopy. Hope all those people that now have health care are enjoying my mandatory donations.

Dave
    Likes tenblade2001 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    It definitely needs some changes but in this partisan environment (all or nothing) we have nothing but the purpose is to talk about it, blame the dems, etc.
    The "blame" as you call it Al is rightly placed in the dems lap....... Before you disregard this since I said something you don`t like, please remember how o care was became to be..... Republicans were not even allowed in the room when it was being hatched, not one republican voted for it. As well as it was based on a lie from the start. So yes, the blame as you call it belongs solely on the dems. Lest we forget Pelosi`s famous line.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV7dDSgbaQ0

Healthcare is also over 1/6 of our gdp........

So Al you may like it, defend it, but please be honest about the process...........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes davidc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry it would not fit your narrative.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I do not think the GOP wants to do anything to address health care costs at this point since it will only make Obamacare look more successful. It definitely needs some changes but in this partisan environment (all or nothing) we have nothing but the purpose is to talk about it, blame the dems, etc.
    Obamacare more successful?????
    - 3 of the largest providers are no longer participating
    - people were promised they could keep their old plans...not happening
    -people were promised they could keep their old doctors...no happening
    -there are MANY physicians that are not taking ANY of the obamacare plans. I recently had a patient with basal cell carcinoma and I couldn`t a Mohs surgeon to see her. I had to remove in the OR (more expensive).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    Obamacare more successful?????
    - 3 of the largest providers are no longer participating
    - people were promised they could keep their old plans...not happening
    -people were promised they could keep their old doctors...no happening
    -there are MANY physicians that are not taking ANY of the obamacare plans. I recently had a patient with basal cell carcinoma and I couldn`t a Mohs surgeon to see her. I had to remove in the OR (more expensive).
    Designed for the govt to take over
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes mobenzowner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Designed for the govt to take over
    Without a doubt, the ACA was a Trojen Horse designed to break the system. Three of the major insurance companies have left and Comrade Bernie is introducing a bill to expand medicare/medicaide.
    Likes mobenzowner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Same ol` story here- The only benefit I see from my Health Insurance these days is that the Premiums are less than the Penalty would be if I dropped it. Pre-ACA I had great coverage and very low premiums but now I pay through the nose and everything comes right out of my pocket as I see the Drs. whom I *know* to be competent and I get my Rx`s despite having to pay for them myself.

But sigh...how to fix?

Excessive Compensation?- Outlaw that and the execs won`t work there. Somebody has to run the Pharma Co.s, you want the Govt. to do that...like they run the VA?
    Excessive Profits?- If they don`t make enough nobody will invest in/lend to them and they`ll go out of business. Again, you want the Govt. to run them?
    Excessive Out-of-Pocket Rx/etc. Costs?- Somebody has to pay for things, if not you then some company (want them to go out of business because their profits drop? What then?) or the Govt. (guess where that money comes from).

I agree that the system is [screwed] up, I`ve recently spent [*well* into five figures] on stuff that I would`ve once expected our Ins. to pay. But I don`t have an answer and even if I did nobody`s gonna listen to *me*.

But the Govt. seems to fail miserably at most everything they try to run, so having them be even more in charge of Health Care doesn`t strike me as a good idea, but rather just a way of making a bad situation worse and far more expensive.
    Likes Ronkh, davidc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    you want the Govt. to do that...like they run the VA?
    In before the single payer crowd

Post Thanks / Like

What part of "the Govt. [screws] up almost everything they get involved with" don`t people get?

Whether it can/will be fixed, let alone how to do so, is a completely different topic and lumping everything together just makes for muddled reasoning/discussions. Fixing Health Care is well above my paygrade, but somebody has to pay for everything and people shouldn`t do stuff at which they`re incompetent if doing so can affect other people negatively.
    Likes Ronkh, davidc liked this post

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information