Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Losing the way!

What about those Dem`s stacking the odds against Bernie? Poor ole Deb doesn`t even get to speak at her own convention now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The truth about many politicians and sales people. What makes him different is he is not a policy wonk so he has no plans to actually show how he can do this. Of course, this new pitch attracts those what are ready to be taken. Trump like many businessman make their money by having others invest theirs with all those management fees. It does not matter if the business actually succeeds or not.

Same story, different day.
    This is probably accurate. I will vote for him just to keep that witch out of the white house, but the trumpsters that back him wholeheartedly thinking he`s going to do anything he says he will and is going to save the nation are out of their mind

Post Thanks / Like

It reminds of the movie Network ...the mad as hell part and doing things. The rest is a too real view of the media.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    I will vote for [Trump] just to keep that witch out of the white house...
    I`m probably gonna get on the Gary Johnson bandwagon myself.

I`ve given this a lot of thought, and have decided that I simply can`t, uhm...do the wrong thing for the right reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`m probably gonna get on the Gary Johnson bandwagon myself.

I`ve given this a lot of thought, and have decided that I simply can`t, uhm...do the wrong thing for the right reason.
    I`ve been struggling with it myself. I don`t in any way support him, but I feel like a vote for Johnson is about wasted. Although, living in Illinois my vote will be a waste no matter what (thanks Cook County)
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

House of Wax- Yeah, I know from that "wasted vote" concern and it was a stumbling block for me until recently. I finally decided that this wasn`t gonna be one of my Regrets That Could`ve Been Avoided and I know that I`d regret voting for Trump.

Every time I`ve done the right thing as I saw it, and my efforts came to naught because of what others did/didn`t do, I`ve been OK with my decision. Every. Single. Time. Pretty much felt the complete opposite every time I`ve knowingly done the wrong thing, even for the best possible reasons. Eh, just how I process such stuff, and I`m gonna put my 2016 Vote in the proper column for me.

IMO, if a vote for Johnson is a wasted vote because He Can`t Win, that`s because people who might otherwise vote for him believe "aw...he can`t win", a self-fulfilling prophecy that doesn`t need to work out that way. This could be the Big Turning Point with regard to 3rd Party Candidates, maybe the perfect opportunity for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Can`t ya just feel the hate....................

DNC chair Wasserman Schultz leaving under fire

Oh wait, the wrong party.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to see her go. There was nothing in the leaked emails that we did not already expect. She definitely did not want Bernie because she viewed him as not electable. Politics. The Dems added the super delegate wild card for this very reason to keep ultra left from getting the nomination and then losing in the main election. I am sure there were plenty of emails on how to deny Trump too but again no surprise.

Time to hibernate for a few months since it is going to be a messy campaign as two candidates with a lot of negatives (real and imagined) and the special interest groups throw mud at the other side. The truth will suffer for sure.

Al
    The Need to Bead

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

So, people predict that Trump will not be able to do anything he says he is going to do if he wins the election ?

Who predicted this ?? Perhaps the same people that predicted he had less than 1% chance of even making it through the Primary??

So people will instead vote for some unknown Johnson guy ?

Of the 2 candidates, who is at least closer to wanting to do the right thing for the People of this Nation ?

Have we all forgotten what happened going on 8 years ago already?

Some guy from out of nowhere with a good speech writer/s, a faultless teleprompter, and some charisma captured the win, and so what did we all do?
    Deal with it and hope it works out, right ???

So, we find out he is an idiot, hates the military, hates law enforcement, wrecks the Justice dept and FBI with more idiots like himself, divides the Nation as much as possible, ruins our credibility with the rest of the world, divides us from Israel, our only Ally in the Middle East, while kissing the iranian butt with money, uranium deposits in the US, and 150B $, has much disdain for Christianity, loves to hear the call to prayer in muslimland, and so much more....

And after almost 8 years of this crap that we have all had to deal with, some unknown guy shows up who never debated, and people want to vote for him?????

Of the 2 candidates, who would at least give this country a shot at something different, rather than the same old ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ but from another idiot that has already gone to great lengths to wreck this Country while in the State Department, slept while our people were being killed, hung, burned, and dragged through the streets in Libya, and then got mad when the Sub Committee asked her about it ???

If it all comes down to "liking" someone or not, and voting for some new guy who just appeared from ???, instead of what would be the best for the nation,
    I am not afraid to vote for what I feel would be the best for the nation now, and again hope for the best, knowing it won`t be yet another repeat of the disastrous almost 8 years of hell...
    Dan F
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just my .02, but a protest vote for a candidate that can not win, or not voting at all is just putting in one of the two major candidates.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Just my .02, but a protest vote for a candidate that can not win, or not voting at all is just putting in one of the two major candidates.
    Differing view here (and in my case it`s *NOT* a "protest vote")- I`m gonna vote for the candidate whom I consider best for the job. If the actions of others result in somebody else getting elected that`s on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs
    So, people predict that Trump will not be able to do anything he says he is going to do if he wins the election ?
    Some of the stuff he says he`ll do isn`t part of the POTUS job description, other stuff is in direct violation of the Constitution/Bill of Rights, and some other stuff is dependent on Others behaving in ways I consider unlikely. And a lot of what he says he`ll do is stuff I don`t want to happen.

So people will instead vote for some unknown Johnson guy ?
    He might not be "unknown" if people did their Due Diligence and/or he were permitted to participate in the Debates.

IMO voting for one of the two Major Party Candidates regardless of how I feel about their *positions on Issues that matter to me* would be behaving counter to my values. I wouldn`t want *anybody* to do that...not regarding an Election, not regarding anything. And yeah, that means I don`t begrudge those voting for Trump or even Hillary, as long as they`re doing it because that`s the person they *want* as POTUS.

Of the 2 candidates, who is at least closer to wanting to do the right thing for the People of this Nation ?
    I consider them both to be equally unsuitable. Yes, equally. Guess lots of people will just have to agree-to-disagree with me on that one, but that`s what makes it a Horse Race.

For me, it`s not about liking them personally or caring about stuff that`s irrelevant to the Presidency. It`s about what the candidates plan to do if they get elected. I`m voting for the person who says he`ll do things most in accordance with what *I* want done and I expect everybody else to do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

He might not be "unknown" if people did their Due Diligence .
    Ergo my comment before.

Post Thanks / Like

Ergo my comment before.
    Heh heh, which comment...I`m getting lost here!

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, which comment...I`m getting lost here!
    If people did their due diligence..................

Post Thanks / Like

If people did their due diligence..................
    Ah, OK...gotcha, thanks. Hardly likely I know, but fixing that wholesale is probably above my Pay Grade and I don`t concern myself much with things I can`t influence. Eh... [INSERT Emerson`s essay on Self-Reliance].

Hey, plenty of people who looked into Johnson`s platform won`t like it much anyhow, but he deserves a look lest it be a "I buy Chevy or Ford, I don`t consider anything else.." type decision. If he weren`t on the ballot I wouldn`t give him much thought myself and I`d be facing a (genuine) Moral Dilemma, but he is on the ballot.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information