Post Thanks / Like

What could be more Exciting..................................

A new Car. Not too many things make me happier. I am sad to see my current car go, It has really served me well and I enjoyed it very much.

I got my service records run so that I can turn in with my lease return papers to prove compliance with manufacturers service guidelines. I got to 56K miles on 1 set of wiper blades, 1 set of front brakes, 1 set of rear brakes, 12 oil changes, 5 tire rotations and not a penny spent on anything else in 39 Months. Floor mats were comp-ed since I wore through there the heal is in front of the gasoline.

After a long journey, and a lot of test drives, calculations, negotiations and research I have finally made a decision on a new vehicle. Left the deposit today.

It is a 2016 Q70S (Sport). Tech package, Touring, Bose package, Sport Wheels/Tires and Big brake package. Car has a great IIHS crash test which is very important to me. This is my 6th consecutive Infiniti purchase and a record for me by 4.

I was having a very hard time locating the exact car I wanted but the dealer located it down south. Not sure where as they won`t tell me. I offered to pick it up and they said ownership would transfer at the pick up point and they would not be able to sell me the car so its being trucked in. That`s why I guess they won`t tell me. There are poor on-line tools to locate a specific car through Infiniti with the different packages. I`m not sure why they don`t allow customers to locate the car they wanted, but the dealer has access to this in a second. I listed the packages I wanted and the dealers screen populated by vin 1-2-3. They we chose exterior color and Interior color and BOOM in seconds he located in our neck of the woods. I tried calling dealers to locate myself, but everyone wants you to come into the showroom to run a locate on a car they don`t have-NO THANKS. I cannot wait for the day I can buy my car online and have dealer serve a service center only / test drive central. My dealer salesman happens to be a good one-Knows the car and the product. But on the whole, auto salespeople don`t know squat about what they sell (This goes for all the brands I researched)

My colors choices with the set up I wanted were Black (Uh-NO!) I am definitely not up for that storm.

Moonlight white (Pearl) I have had 2 of these in a row so time for a change. most don`t know I got a new car in 2013.

Hermosa Blue (bright navy, looks lighter ion sunshine)-Nice but its so dark I might as well just go black if I get that dark blue. My wife has zero idea what the hell I mean by that, but that a whole different story.

There is a new color for 2016 called Graphite Shadow. It`s a charcoal color but filled with metallic flake and has a kind of pearl look to it. Dealer warned me that matching with touch up paint is as hard as the moonlight white due to 3 stage paint process. Oh well, here we go again.

Infiniti does not make a plain old white car like Alpine white on the BMW or Obis white on the Audi. That`s what I would have wanted that in a second.

The interior I wanted was the Tuxedo interior-Dark carpets, steering wheel, dash board and headliner, light gray seats and arm rests. I think its much sharper than the standard one color interior. Interestingly enough that interior is not popular and is what made this so hard to find. A black or graphite (dark gray) interior is all over the place with this exterior color. I would have settled on black but got them to bring this in without any extra charge so all good.

Only the mechanical and technology prep will take place, No dealer exterior cosmetic prep will take place, we will peel the plastic together and check for damage. This is just like last time. They remembered the drill. Will be picked up by end of the month.

I hope the weather cooperates and I can go for a full monte detail. If it`s too cold, I will wash and Permanon until the weather improves.

Planning on using a coating I never used before-Perhaps a big Gyeon coating detail on this baby, trying to make this baby shine like Mike did it-LOL.

Will polish with essence or something stronger once I see what I`m dealing with. Then, thinking Gyeon Mhoes (best non pro I can buy), topped with booster, tires with Gyeon tire, leather seats cleaned with PA Bella Clean, softened with PA Charisma, and sealed with Gyeon Leather coat, Gyeon tire on tiers, PA Engine on the Engine, trim and front plastic fender wells with gyeon trim, Rims with Gyeon Rim and Fabric and floor mats with Gyeon Fabric. Exhaust tips with PA Palladium, I will most likely use Optimum Glass Coat on the exterior glass and lenses as I have had stellar results and own a lifetime supply. If I hear of something better, in category I would consider trying it.

Wonder if I pack this stuff on the exterior paint and glass I can get 39 months (my lease)??????????

I may switch up some products if I find a better mousetrap or something interesting comes my way.
    Likes Ronkh, RaskyR1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What could be more Exciting..................................

Congrats! Sounds like you have a good plan. Maybe overkill for a lease but hey detailing is fun. Question about the dealer prep. When you peel the stickers off yourself does it leave behind a lot of adhesive residue that has to be cleaned off? My last car I let the dealer prep it and it actually came out quite good actually but I`m contemplating doing what you`re doing next time around.
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have not had a lot of residue left behind on the infiniti`s. I did the same last time. I get and end closest to the hood near windshield and pull toward the grill almost having the film touching, so its almost on itself and pull slowly. That said, I have never taken delivery in close to zero temperatures. May have to do this inside service if they let me.

No such thing as overkill. In my whole life too much is just about right. When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure its worth watching!

My dealer think I am certifiable. I don`t let them wash it when its in for service, I don`t take the free local car washes tickets. I don`t let them prep the exterior and I am a pretty good negotiator

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Congrats! Sounds like you have a good plan. Maybe overkill for a lease but hey detailing is fun. Question about the dealer prep. When you peel the stickers off yourself does it leave behind a lot of adhesive residue that has to be cleaned off? My last car I let the dealer prep it and it actually came out quite good actually but I`m contemplating doing what you`re doing next time around.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Sounds like a great plan. Can`t wait to see pictures. Any questions about the Gyeon please call!
    Thanks JSFM35X, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

congrats! cant wait to see those products on that new ride!

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new ride! Would love to see some before/after shots once you take delivery of the car and detail it. Also interested in hearing about your experience with the Gyeon line.
    Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on doing a full documented pictorial review detail of the new car. I usually do when I do a full detail.

I`ll comment on product performance and do my best to show before and after`s.

Quote Originally Posted by Priyaka View Post
    Congrats on the new ride! Would love to see some before/after shots once you take delivery of the car and detail it. Also interested in hearing about your experience with the Gyeon line.
    Likes Priyaka liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats !!!!! Looking forward to the write up on the detail
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Without even seeing the color combo I know that it`s stunning, Mazel Tov on the new addition!

Post Thanks / Like

wow 56k and no tires? and tires still passed lease return? im impressed.

congrats on the new car! gyeon all the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I`m looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Congrats !!!!! Looking forward to the write up on the detail

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I cant wait to see it myself. and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Docpeanut View Post
    Without even seeing the color combo I know that it`s stunning, Mazel Tov on the new addition!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so about the tires, Full disclosure-one I have not passed lease return YET. And 2nd I have wheel and tire insurance. The insurance was $ 700.00/39 months. Over the 39 months I damaged 2 rims and 6 tires. The roads here stink, and in the rain a pot hole and a puddle look the same. The total was under the 2,500 dollars allowed and that is why I did not need to replace the tires. I`m close and Ill keep you posted on the lease return results.

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    wow 56k and no tires? and tires still passed lease return? im impressed.

congrats on the new car! gyeon all the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! One of the great joys in life, a new car. That Infiniti is a sweet one.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Congrats! One of the great joys in life, a new car. That Infiniti is a sweet one.

Thread Information